• 4 Post By raleigh
  • 1 Post By raleigh
  • 3 Post By raleigh
  • 6 Post By raleigh
  • 4 Post By raleigh

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: '79 built 400, Ford 10.5" Rear, Dana 60 Front, Locked, Twin Sticked
Bronco Safari 2016

Pics and videos are still coming in but I have a decent group of pics to start the trip report.
What a great event hosted by the Utah Bronco Club, primarily an Early Bronco club but they are fans of all Broncos.
This year there were officially 6 FSB at the Safari, however Broncoair did show up to say hi so that makes 7. There were 3 78/79 Broncos there including a Freewheeling Bronco that was built very nicely.

Like I said pics are still being posted, it was a long week and I don't have all of the pics yet but here is what I have.

All cleaned up and ready to roll!

My trip was nearly dead before it started as I got stuck about 2 hours from home with a failed center ball on my rear cardan joint. I am running the front driveline from the F350 I got my axles from because it is stronger than the stock Bronco driveline. Well I guess the seal failed and some dirt got in there and killed it!
I had to spend the night in St. George and wait for Six States to open, what a great shop by the way. If you ever need service and are in the St. George area I highly recommend them! They had me up and running at a very fair price and very quickly.

So we missed out on day 1 of wheeling and breakfast, boo!

So my 1st day I decided to run Poison Spider, it was on my list of trails I wanted to do, what a great trail, rated a 7. With the front and rear locker in the Bronco is pretty much point and shoot lol, it just goes
On to the pics!!!
The group airing down at the trail head

These may be out of order FYI

Next day I went to Area BFE to play on Greenday and Minor Threat, ran both with no issues. (I am still waiting on pics from these trails, sorry!)

The last day was Metal Masher! Been wanting to do this one too, it is rated a 7-8 depending on options, I ran all the options haha
All but 1 FSB was on this trail!

Not many other pics just yet, they are coming.
Just my luck, the last obstacle, on the last trail of the last day, CARNAGE!
Well minor carnage IMO, some rear quarter damage, the quarter was already damaged so no biggie.

I have a video of this, WOW is all I can say haha.

The bronco ran great, had no issues at all, nothing broke or let me down. It is definitely a trail worth rig!

More to come!!!

Dave

"...when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object
evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their
duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 01:58 PM

Bronco Info: 1978 XLT Ranger; 400, AT, 37" MTR's,4.88's & Lockers,5" Deavers, No Rust & No Knicknacks!
Garage
If you had 40"s you would have made it through clean!

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 08:07 PM

Bronco Info: 1986 302 fuel injected 6" lift
Looks like you guys had a blast!

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 08:18 PM

Bronco Info: 1978 Ranger XLT 351M / C6
The video of Metal Masher is awesome. I must have watched it 10 times already.

1978 Bronco XLT Ranger: 351M with Edelbrock intake, FAST EZ EFI 2.0, FAST dual sync dizzy, FAST E6 ignition box, Wild Horses Hydroboost and Sag pump kit, C6 Trans, Dana 44 front and 9" rear

Jim
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: '79 built 400, Ford 10.5" Rear, Dana 60 Front, Locked, Twin Sticked
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMPNT1 View Post
The video of Metal Masher is awesome. I must have watched it 10 times already.
Wish I could download it, I asked the owner to dropbox it to me, we will see!
RAMPNT1 likes this.

Dave

"...when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object
evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their
duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 08:40 PM

Bronco Info: 1978 Ranger XLT 351M / C6
I tried as well. She needs to change the privacy setting on it then you could download it.

1978 Bronco XLT Ranger: 351M with Edelbrock intake, FAST EZ EFI 2.0, FAST dual sync dizzy, FAST E6 ignition box, Wild Horses Hydroboost and Sag pump kit, C6 Trans, Dana 44 front and 9" rear

Jim
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
FSM Lifetime

Here is the first video I put together, this is a time consuming process!

mrSxRc_NeUk
itwasFREE!!!!, JGR and dash_cam like this.

Dave

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 12:15 AM Thread Starter
FSM Lifetime

I'll just leave this here haha

Dave

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 12:11 AM Thread Starter
FSM Lifetime

I finally got the video!

RdOt0JKZpOU

Dave

Last edited by raleigh; 05-17-2016 at 12:17 AM.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-18-2016, 08:37 AM
Resurection Ranch

Bronco Info: Blue Eyes,Black Stallion, Shadow & Filly
Thanks for sharing your experience with us Dave. It looks like you had a blast.

Rick
My Projects- "Left for Dead"
Filly

tidewaterbroncos@gmail.com (also on facebook)
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016, 11:21 AM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 95 302 ZF5 4.56 w/Detroit in the back 33" tires, Sag swap, warn winch and Custom Soft Top
Garage
Damn I am sorry I missed it this year. Looks like a good time, what trails did you run?

Always topless
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
FSM Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileec View Post
Damn I am sorry I missed it this year. Looks like a good time, what trails did you run?
I missed out on the first day, that sucked.

I did Poison Spider, Metal Masher and in BFE I did Greenday and Minor Threat

Dave

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 03:38 AM

Bronco Info: 1988 Ford Bronco
Garage
Looked like a blast, need to get mine finished and out there.

Ford Bronco Forum > Wheeling > Trip Pictures and Reports

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode