Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Ford Fall Crawl @ Windrock 2016 - Coverage

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Bronco Logic 
#1 ·
Didn't have a passenger with me this time so I didn't get to snap alot of pics. But since this section has been dead for a while I figured I'd post up what little I do have. There are more pics/videos supposedly on James Duff/Suzy Duff/Michael Duff's Facebook page.

Thursday night was James Duff's open house. Just a few pics of the facility. I took a bunch of the arms naturally.

JD gave everyone who registered and attended a YETI style roadie that was powder coated. Good people over there. I even got to meet the "James Duff". A very humble guy who was willing to chat with me about my measly fullsize.

A few pics of the scenery on the way up the mountains....

Pulled up to the park and set up camp for the weekend...

And a few of the limited pics I got while wheeling...

See less See more
Reactions: JGR
#2 ·

Tore off both rear calipers on that trail and spent about 2 hours collectively on the trail that day trying to pull the calipers and tie them up on the leafs without crimping the line. Ran to Advance to score some new pads, rotors, and calipers. Spent the night repairing it so I could ride Saturday. Someone snapped this pic....

Found a gnarly v-notch on Saturday....

Rode a bit more on Sunday before I headed back but no pics. The wife of the BII took a few videos. Nothing crazy, mostly some scenic trails although we did run gatekeeper.

This is the trail that claimed my caliper(s)....I didnt end up victorious on this one...

Reactions: JGR
#7 ·
I run a dually rear so there is no inner tire to protect them. I have tried clocking them but dont think it can be done. I may be able to swap the backing plates. So that is on the docket to correct. I ran a different tire/wheel combo last year with a narrow offset and had zero issues. I also wheeled on trails this year that were narrow for some early bronco's so I wasn't always able to pick the best line to protect them.

Looks just as dry and dusty there as it was for us a Uwharrie.
The mountain had 6" of dust on every trail bed. It was like powder...not a good time to have black interior :doh0715:

very cool..looks like it was a great time.

did the Bronco perform how you wanted it to?
I just added hydro to the Bronco before the trip and dont think all the air has been worked out. I have a slight dead spot in the steering that needs to get worked out. Other than that and the calipers, it performed like a champ. I love my new tire/wheel combo. Trails I had some slippage on last year, I walked up this year.

#9 ·
This place is the biggest private park in the country. 72,000 acres with 300 miles of trails. I've been 3x now and have not even seen 1/4 of the park.

#10 ·
Looks like you had a good time brother! I need to get my crap together and get up to one of these events. Obviously GA isn't the only state lacking rain these days. Did you tow your rig up there or just drive it?

#12 ·
Pics look great. Wish I could have made it up there.

New front bumper looks good too. I also see that you got your rear tire fixed as well

#13 ·
Yeah man, you would have loved it. Plenty of wives and kids around too. Rear tire was a simple fix. Just used an old adapter bracket and remounted it. Good as new.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.