Wrenching/Fixing/Moding in VA Beach thread. - Page 3 - Ford Bronco Forum
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 2957 (permalink) Old 10-20-2011, 06:03 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: Broncos are for chumps
Yea josh i got three tools that will fix that:

[gijoe4500] 5:34 pm: I'm an IDIOT.
[RebelRider2010] 8:25 pm: Yes Josh's Brother. I am Nancy.

Bronco Rebuild
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 2957 (permalink) Old 10-20-2011, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
Resurection Ranch

Bronco Info: Blue Eyes,Black Stallion, Shadow & Filly
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfritts View Post
Well you wont see pics of my rig. lol. Mark we are doing your bumper. Josh we will mock up my old bumper to your rig.

9am works for me.

Grinding wheels would be a good idea and maybe a few cutoff wheels would be good. I will have my chopsaw as well.
I got a few of those and assorted other tools. Looking forward to getting this done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltlife85 View Post
You will see it next weekend if we get it on.

I'm sure after this weekend you will see a lot of pictures of all our rigs!
I will bring a camera for us to shoot some pics while working.

Rick
My Projects- "Left for Dead"
Filly

tidewaterbroncos@gmail.com (also on facebook)
post #43 of 2957 (permalink) Old 10-20-2011, 09:56 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 95 XLT SAS Dana 44 front Power lock Ford 8.8 rear True track 4.88 gears 6" Devers shackle flip
wish i could pull them off but theres a lot of fuel pressure that goes thru there, so i am trying to keep it right.

post #44 of 2957 (permalink) Old 10-21-2011, 08:49 PM

Bronco Info: 1985 EB current 1-ton sas and diesel/zf5 swap in progress
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20sNaRanger View Post
parking is going to be a bitch..i just read all the preliminary paperwork and prep stuff. . .lol are you using a camelback for water? or just gonna say screw it and just use the 4 water stations in the 9 miles. lol
parking....no kidding. they suggest 2.5 hrs early for registration? yeah right, we start at 820...im def not getting there before 6am! not sure yet on water, i can't find my camelback so i may just be hitting the water stations on the way. my buds and i got some thriftshop suits to wear....look for me in some bright yellow slacks and pink shirt, should be easy to spot.
post #45 of 2957 (permalink) Old 10-21-2011, 08:51 PM

when you guys finish on sunday, would you mind dropping your welder back at my place, fritts? pretty sure i'm going to need it this week for my swap! let me know if i need to get some gas for it
post #46 of 2957 (permalink) Old 10-23-2011, 06:30 PM

Bronco Info: 5.0,e40d,9" 4:11,locker AR-23's,BFG 33's,K&N, 5" lift,Bassani headers/Y pipe,BBK 56mm, sliders
A few pictures from today's get together. Making sliders, and installing a wrench bumper.
Kenny

post #47 of 2957 (permalink) Old 10-23-2011, 08:03 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 95 XLT SAS Dana 44 front Power lock Ford 8.8 rear True track 4.88 gears 6" Devers shackle flip
thanks for all the help guys,really appreciated it. the sliders look great hope to get them painted up tomorrow or atleast primed. fritts really busted his ass between my rig and saltlifes rig. bumper is on and never coming off. now we just need to get the set done for ricks camo beast.
post #48 of 2957 (permalink) Old 10-23-2011, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
Resurection Ranch

You're welcome Mark! As I said earlier we needed to do something to yours for a change. Good times today fellas, sorry I was a little slow out of the gate. I will put some photos up tomorrow. Supermotors was incredibly slow tonight.

Rick
Filly

post #49 of 2957 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 07:00 AM
Beach bumming it ........

Bronco Info: 91 Bronco 351W E4OD, 6" lift, 35 12.50 Procomp MT2 on 10" wide wheels, Sliders, and custom bumpers
Garage
Thanks again everyone for the help and Rick for putting this together. Good day and Rick let us know when you are ready to put your sliders on.

I was able to get the Front bumper put on my bronco and it looks great.
Some pictures:
Making the sliders

Welding on my broken exhaust hanger:

My custom front bumper Josh (jfritts) made.
before

After

Rick (379sinvb)
Bending Mark's (thin blue line) side step bars that mounted to the sliders.

I know the pictures came out crappy but there you go. Had a great time guys we need to do this again.
post #50 of 2957 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 07:42 AM

Bronco Info: 82 inline 6, holley 600, offenhauser intake, roller rockers, crane cam, 4.56 gears
Quote:
Originally Posted by norfolkff05 View Post
parking....no kidding. they suggest 2.5 hrs early for registration? yeah right, we start at 820...im def not getting there before 6am! not sure yet on water, i can't find my camelback so i may just be hitting the water stations on the way. my buds and i got some thriftshop suits to wear....look for me in some bright yellow slacks and pink shirt, should be easy to spot.
there were so many people. we ended up starting at 1140 and finished at 4 even. I've never had so many cramps...my thighs locked up and my calves were burning. Finished though. It definately was tough. The chernobyl dumpster full of ice water was brutal.

Josh-damn that bumper looks good bro.

That's a nice shop...who's is it?

Betty WILL run....
post #51 of 2957 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 08:02 AM

Bronco Info: 91 Bronco 351W E4OD, 6" lift, 35 12.50 Procomp MT2 on 10" wide wheels, Sliders, and custom bumpers
Garage
Quote:
there were so many people. we ended up starting at 1140 and finished at 4 even. I've never had so many cramps...my thighs locked up and my calves were burning. Finished though. It definately was tough. The chernobyl dumpster full of ice water was brutal.

Josh-damn that bumper looks good bro.

Thanks man, I want to say it's Rick's father in laws shop. I could be wrong it was the first time i had been there.

Oh and a big thanks to Josh (jfritts) with all the welding and ideas!
post #52 of 2957 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 08:36 AM
Fullsize Member

we hope the shop is going to be EAST COAST BRONCO MAFIA's shop/ clubhouse. the nice thing is its huge, has lift, any tool you should ever need, and theres a test site behind the shop to wheel in. i think we can make this happen if we help get it cleaned up.
post #53 of 2957 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 08:39 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thin blue line View Post
we hope the shop is going to be EAST COAST BRONCO MAFIA's shop/ clubhouse. the nice thing is its huge, has lift, any tool you should ever need, and theres a test site behind the shop to wheel in. i think we can make this happen if we help get it cleaned up.
Hell yea I'm down for it. We could take a day to clean it up. I would like to look at some of the testing grounds back there next time. We could do meets there as well.
post #54 of 2957 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 08:59 AM

Bronco Info: 82 inline 6, holley 600, offenhauser intake, roller rockers, crane cam, 4.56 gears
Quote:
umm hell yes. i wouldn't mind taking a trip down there to spruce the place up. That sounds like an awesome idea.

testing grounds are also nice :-P seeing that the most offroading i've done was with my old ranger when i swerved to miss a deer. lol

Betty WILL run....
post #55 of 2957 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 09:04 AM

Bronco Info: pile of parts
Quote:
Quote:
umm hell yes. i wouldn't mind taking a trip down there to spruce the place up. That sounds like an awesome idea.

testing grounds are also nice :-P seeing that the most offroading i've done was with my old ranger when i swerved to miss a deer. lol
i also like this idea, but when you guys do the planning for the clean up, make it like 3-4 weeks in advance so i can finally make one of these

Build

SAS

FOTM Oct. 2012
post #56 of 2957 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 09:09 AM

Garage
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWbronco View Post
i also like this idea, but when you guys do the planning for the clean up, make it like 3-4 weeks in advance so i can finally make one of these

Sounds good guys we will try and plan in advance next time.

Quote:
Mark any way you could get up with Rick about this. Maybe come up with a scheduled event calendar for ECBM? So we will know everything in advance.
post #57 of 2957 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 10:03 AM

Bronco Info: 1988 Ford Bronco XLT 302 5.0 4" lift on 33's BFG AT
Looks like you guys had a blast. Sorry I couldn't make it. Family stuff Blah. Hopefully I can make the next one.

1988 FSB 302 5.0L 4" Lift on BFG AT 33's.
post #58 of 2957 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 08:20 PM

Quote:

shop owner is Howard, Sr....rick's father in law. it's def a sweet set-up, we should def make it our club HQ if howard will allow it. another cool thing about it, is that we could possibly shoot out there! (all depending on permission of course)

there were a ton of people! funny you started right at the time we finished. we started at 820 and finished at 1140. our group of 5 firefighters ran it in full suits! i am dead...calves are crazy sore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 379sinvb View Post
You're welcome Mark! As I said earlier we needed to do something to yours for a change. Good times today fellas, sorry I was a little slow out of the gate. I will put some photos up tomorrow. Supermotors was incredibly slow tonight.
where are those pics? i'm dying to see some finished pics!
post #59 of 2957 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
Resurection Ranch

Quote:
Originally Posted by norfolkff05 View Post
shop owner is Howard, Sr....rick's father in law. it's def a sweet set-up, we should def make it our club HQ if howard will allow it. another cool thing about it, is that we could possibly shoot out there! (all depending on permission of course)

there were a ton of people! funny you started right at the time we finished. we started at 820 and finished at 1140. our group of 5 firefighters ran it in full suits! i am dead...calves are crazy sore!

where are those pics? i'm dying to see some finished pics!
Easy killer! Dealing with technical difficulties here. You can wait a little longer cause we been wainting on you a lot longer

Rick
Filly

post #60 of 2957 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
Resurection Ranch

Pictures are here, supermotors was ssssllllllloooooooooowwwwwwwww.................... .......................................

Here is what we started with.

Here is the shop we worked at, wifes daddy's shop. This place has lots of elbow room to say the least.

Just need to get ourselves a sign or something to put above the door.

It was a little slow out of the gate on the welding. We had to change the recpetical for Fritts' welder. Measured, cut and then we.............................

Got both sides of Marks mounted. They are about 90% done I believe. Gotta get some braces tacked in to support the outer bar. Then maybe a step fabed up.

Rick
Filly

Last edited by 379sinvb; 10-24-2011 at 11:25 PM.

Ford Bronco Forum > Wheeling > Dixie Chapter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode