Ocala: The Swamping Chronicles - Page 2 - Ford Bronco Forum
 31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 1117 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 04:05 PM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 1987 Ford Bronco XLT 302 w/AOD 32 x 11.5 BFG MT's k&n filter
I marked it but you will be the only one driving down it...LOL....that sucker is a killer. This whole SE area has been known as a truck killer. We met up with some guys while we were doing an extraction and they were doing a trail repair...

Eric has 40 inch tires and was under water to his windows on the last part that I wouldn't try...we would have all had to be extracted if we tried that trail. Even the forest service workers said it was a ball buster. We were working on his truck and I think a trout bumped me in the leg...

"I never met a fish I didn't like. "
digger159
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 1117 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 04:33 PM
Charlie doesn't surf!!

Bronco Info: 1992 xlt, 351EFI, .040, E4OD, D44 SAS w/Trutrac,Detroit locked 8.8, MAF conv, Tweeced
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by digger159 View Post
I marked it but you will be the only one driving down it...LOL....that sucker is a killer. This whole SE area has been known as a truck killer. We met up with some guys while we were doing an extraction and they were doing a trail repair...

Eric has 40 inch tires and was under water to his windows on the last part that I wouldn't try...we would have all had to be extracted if we tried that trail. Even the forest service workers said it was a ball buster. We were working on his truck and I think a trout bumped me in the leg...
man can't believe it was up to Eric's windows...I think the water just happens to be really high right now with all the rain..give it a month or two it will dry out a bit and be nice and muddy...

where did you run into the forest service?
post #23 of 1117 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 04:41 PM
Thread Killa

Bronco Info: 1994 Bronco Eddie Bauer edition, 302 MAF, E4OD
I want to make a map of all the trails yall ran on google earth. It shows all the trails very clearly, much better than the topo map. Frank, can you scan the marked map, I will try to mark it up in Google earth from that.

Also Frank,

I was looking at the map, and I noticed there seems to be what looks like some trails over by you. Are these open for trucks? I looked up that town and damn, theres only 12 people that live there. lol

1994 EB Bronco, 302 MAF, E4OD, BW1356, Slightly Customized Interior
"Demanding something free on top of a discount is just being a Democrat. - Steve83"

My Build Thread - http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/...d.php?t=191067

post #24 of 1117 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

jermil01...pulled up on some forest service workers that were preparing for a controlled burn just before going into the trail from hell.

jowens1126....yes the trails you have highlighted are open for riding but they are a bit sublime...just sandy. Yes Weeki Wachi is a very small town...I think of the 12 people, the mermaids at Weeki Wachi Springs Park count as 6...LOL.

Now let take an inventory of my weekend escapades....

jowens1126 will probably never go on a trail ride again as long as I am in charge of picking trails...

ANGELO and his Dad are pretty sure I am nuts when it came to me telling them about my side work in the forest...

89Bronco302 just stared in amazement at my silly azz...

pfun41 is gonna let the air out of my tires after me picking on him with the yellow submarine video....

and BikerPepe is waiting for the kill shot on me now....

....that just leaves jermil01 who left too early to find out I was crazy...cool...I netted 1 riding buddy out of 6....damn good haul for a weekend's work.

Word: truth is....pfun41 is one badass trail doctor and will be a necessary addition to my toolbox on runs from now on. (solid work bro)

digger159
post #25 of 1117 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 05:05 PM
Erik

Bronco Info: '89 Bronco-D60/10.25,5:13's,16.5's,39.5iroks.'85 F350 12V.
Those videos are awesome. Really puts it into perspective. I was too worried about some of those holes to video myself. Despite my issues it was a blast though. Can't wait for the next one, already started back on the bronco this morning. Next time I think I should test the depth in those big holes before I just go for it. Not my smartest move.
post #26 of 1117 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 05:09 PM
Thread Killa

lol. Im ready to go again. I may not follow into the water, but I will take the dryer trails any day. I need to learn that area. In a couple of years me and the wife are moving up to Eustice to live on the lake, so all that will be much closer for me.

Frank, we need to go fishing. You got a boat?

"Demanding something free on top of a discount is just being a Democrat. - Steve83"

post #27 of 1117 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

Or you could let "Speed Racer" ANGELO lead the way....but we would never know how deep the hole is because he water-ski's across the obstacle.

digger159
post #28 of 1117 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

jim you didn't see the videos??? LOL...I use my Bronco like a boat. No I don't anymore. When we left Florida I couldn't afford to store the boat and all of our stuff from the sale of our house so I sold it. Yes, I miss it now that I'm back. But those lakes up there have always been good for lunkers...Lake Kerr is good and Lake George...but there must be 10,000 other small and medium lakes that have good fishing there in that vicinity.

Yes we can go sometime...i love fishing. I have to align some obligations coming up for the next couple of weeks but by February I could go anytime.

digger159
post #29 of 1117 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 06:33 PM
Thread Killa

i have surgery sometime in February. soon as thats done I will be good to go.

I had a decent Nitro boat a couple of years ago, but I sold it when I moved to this house. Just not enough room to store it. Once we get the lake house Im going to get a nice Stratos and just keep it docked.

post #30 of 1117 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 07:48 PM
September 15 FOTM

Bronco Info: 1992 F-250 custom, 7.3 idi N/A, zf5, 4x4
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by digger159 View Post
jermil01...pulled up on some forest service workers that were preparing for a controlled burn just before going into the trail from hell.

jowens1126....yes the trails you have highlighted are open for riding but they are a bit sublime...just sandy. Yes Weeki Wachi is a very small town...I think of the 12 people, the mermaids at Weeki Wachi Springs Park count as 6...LOL.

Now let take an inventory of my weekend escapades....

jowens1126 will probably never go on a trail ride again as long as I am in charge of picking trails...

ANGELO and his Dad are pretty sure I am nuts when it came to me telling them about my side work in the forest...

89Bronco302 just stared in amazement at my silly azz...

pfun41 is gonna let the air out of my tires after me picking on him with the yellow submarine video....

and BikerPepe is waiting for the kill shot on me now....

....that just leaves jermil01 who left too early to find out I was crazy...cool...I netted 1 riding buddy out of 6....damn good haul for a weekend's work.

Word: truth is....pfun41 is one badass trail doctor and will be a necessary addition to my toolbox on runs from now on. (solid work bro)
haha, i want to see your videos before i decide

1995 red xlt sport! with 351
post #31 of 1117 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 11:40 PM

My first post here... ANGELO'S dad THANK YOU for awesome campnight and wheeling guys! I have some pics to post, hopefully they will work out.

Here's the allnighters, we run out of firewood 3:30AM...

Ocala National Forest beauty here, something you have to go the extra mile for

Trail or river? can't really tell

Poor lonesome cowboy... long long way from home... Poor lonesome cowboy gotta long long way to go...

Hmm.. that can't be good, luckily, MICROWAVEMAN TO THE RESCUE!

This here was the trail when we had to turn around. I think this qualified for "off the beaten path" classification

ok, I have some more but I want to see these hopefully post first
post #32 of 1117 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 08:03 AM Thread Starter

ROFLMAO....!!!!.....Okay so much to laugh about....first, damn you!!!....GREAT NAME !!!

Pics are great....forgot about the microwave hoarder....Jeez....I am laughing so hard I can't write......

That was absolutely one of the funnest nights I ever spent in the forest talking til the wee hours of the morning...thank you and thanks to everyone !!!!

digger159
post #33 of 1117 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 09:25 AM
Charlie doesn't surf!!

Bronco Info: 1992 xlt, 351EFI, .040, E4OD, D44 SAS w/Trutrac,Detroit locked 8.8, MAF conv, Tweeced
Garage
nice pics...very curious to hear the story about microwave man....

so you guys ran out of wood at 3:30?? See, if had cut up that tree when we stopped earlier in the day you would have had plenty...
post #34 of 1117 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 01:00 PM

Bronco Info: 1994 Bronco 5.0 liter e4od factory MAF, 130 amp 3g, auxillary transmission filter and cooler.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermil01 View Post
nice pics...very curious to hear the story about microwave man....

so you guys ran out of wood at 3:30?? See, if had cut up that tree when we stopped earlier in the day you would have had plenty...
I'm right here.
You need microwave parts? I've got so many they won't fit in the bucket anymore.

Seriously I'm not kidding.

I told them they should have let you play with the chainsaw. Never underestimate the Joy a chainsaw can bring to a full grown adult.

My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/pfun41#p/a
The going get tough, the tough get debt
Don't pay attention, pay the rent
Next of kins pay for your sins
A little faith should keep us safe
post #35 of 1117 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

one day we are gonna see pfun41 on the trails with a microwave installed in his bronco...LOL....

SO guys here is what I got for a date on the next ride...please let me know if you'all are in or out so I can adjust....I definitely want to see the base crew we had and more this next time...

I was going for March 21...gonna call it the Ocala 3-2-1 Run...but 89Bronco302 has testing that weekend...(I want as many big trucks there and winches and he has both)...I Have obligations up til mid March with a school to refreash my Real Estate contract knowledge, so I wanted to see how April 4th or the 11th hits you guys...

jermil and I will be working on trail selection to help us have more of a test this time, anyone else is welcome to input data to us so we all can be a part of the run.

Sometime in the beginning to middle of February I would like to have one or two people to meet up with me in Ocala and do some scouting...I figured we could save wasted time with all of the trucks if we look into some places ahead of time. Also, we can do a camp if we have enough people willing to do it. (No I won't take you guys to a Bigfooting spot...LOL)

So...??? Feedback ???

...what a group...a chainsaw maniac, a microwave parts hoarder, another one who exclusively uses drunk mechanics, speedy gonzales in a red truck, and a nutty bigfoot chaser....

digger159
post #36 of 1117 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 02:56 PM
Erik

Bronco Info: '89 Bronco-D60/10.25,5:13's,16.5's,39.5iroks.'85 F350 12V.
I say April 11th since the 4th is so close to Easter. I'd be in for the scouting run too most likely. I pulled a bunch of grass out of my rear rotors today.. Lol. And some sand in the calipers.
post #37 of 1117 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 04:34 PM
Charlie doesn't surf!!

Garage
would love to do the scouting trip, but not sure I can make it in Feb. what about the 1st weekend in March?

oh and I have a good chainsaw story, with pictures, luckily I still have my leg..anyway, I'll save it for the next time we meet.
post #38 of 1117 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 04:38 PM
Thread Killa

Never underestimate the power of a case of beer............

Im in. April 11th sounds good to me. I should be over my surgery by then and hopefully I will have the red head steering box and core support done by then. Maybe I can do the camping night this time. I have tons of camping gear somewhere in the garage box collection....

Hopefully I wont need any scuba gear this time.

I washed down the motor again today. Still have alot of mud stuck in there. that stuff just doesnt seem to wash off. I may have to break out the pressure washer.

post #39 of 1117 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 06:30 PM

Bronco Info: 1994 Bronco 5.0 liter e4od factory MAF, 130 amp 3g, auxillary transmission filter and cooler.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jowens1126 View Post
Never underestimate the power of a case of beer............

Im in. April 11th sounds good to me. I should be over my surgery by then and hopefully I will have the red head steering box and core support done by then. Maybe I can do the camping night this time. I have tons of camping gear somewhere in the garage box collection....

Hopefully I wont need any scuba gear this time.

I washed down the motor again today. Still have alot of mud stuck in there. that stuff just doesnt seem to wash off. I may have to break out the pressure washer.
spray it with degreaser' let it sit, then wash it off. Remember it's caked on there from the heat.

My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/pfun41#p/a
The going get tough, the tough get debt
Don't pay attention, pay the rent
Next of kins pay for your sins
A little faith should keep us safe
post #40 of 1117 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 06:51 PM
Thread Killa

any preference on degreasers?

Ford Bronco Forum > Wheeling > Dixie Chapter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode