Bronco Info: 1987 Ford Bronco XLT 302 w/AOD 32 x 11.5 BFG MT's k&n filter
235s would earn you the nickname "anchor" on the swampin' trails...lol

"I never met a fish I didn't like. "
digger159
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 357 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 02:34 PM

Bronco Info: 1992 XLT w/6" lift, 351, E4OD
This looks like a cool deal. I'll be in Nashville that weekend, but I'm looking forward to reading about how the trip turned out.
post #43 of 357 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 02:42 PM

Bronco Info: 1992 XLT w/6" lift, 351, E4OD
And while the Florida crowd is paying attention, do any of you ever get together and ride Richloam WMA in Lake and Sumter Counties? I haven't done it in awhile and I would love to see a group get together for a long ride before hunting season so I don't have to go alone.

post #44 of 357 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 06:07 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: F100,460, 1tons, 203/205 doubler, sitting on 42" pitbull rockers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Trip View Post
And while the Florida crowd is paying attention, do any of you ever get together and ride Richloam WMA in Lake and Sumter Counties? I haven't done it in awhile and I would love to see a group get together for a long ride before hunting season so I don't have to go alone.
I hunt down in Richloam off SR50 near Tarrytown.

post #45 of 357 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 06:19 AM Thread Starter

anyone want to call Hardrock's number and make sure we can have campfires ?

digger159
post #46 of 357 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 10:36 AM

I'm new to the forum. I'm interested about this ride, any details about it? I have a 1989 XLT Bronco with a 531w on 39s
post #47 of 357 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 10:56 AM
Charlie doesn't surf!!

Bronco Info: 1992 xlt, 351EFI, .040, E4OD, D44 SAS w/Trutrac,Detroit locked 8.8, MAF conv, Tweeced
Garage
welcome to the site..not much detail other than we're meeting down at Hard Rock to hit the trails on the 19th of September and some folks will be camping that night.

Sounds like you have well built rig..how about posting up some pics? Where in Florida are you?
post #48 of 357 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 11:34 AM

She's alright, but I'm in orlando near downtown. I'll post some pics from my computer, for some reason I can't from my phone
post #49 of 357 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 05:27 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 92 Factory Original 300 I6 M5OD Manual Custom. 3 seats, AC and a radio and all vinyl interior.
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by digger159 View Post
235s would earn you the nickname "anchor" on the swampin' trails...lol
Yeah. I don't do a lot of swamping. I'm just a Fishing trails and scouting/sight seeing kinda driver.

HardRock is way outta my league. Besides, the 19th is opening ceremonies for Fall Ball and I'm on the board so I kinda need to be there.

JTMcD.
We sleep Peaceful in our beds because Rough Men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm............George Orwell
The object of life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, 'Holy Shit, What a Ride!!! -- Mavis Leyrer

MY A/C Vacuum leak repair http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/23-technical-write-ups/175808-how-i-fixed-my-c-vac-leak.html
post #50 of 357 (permalink) Old 09-08-2015, 08:08 PM
Nothing beets a Fullsize

Bronco Info: 96 Bronco (5.8 DD E4OD), 88 Bronco Mudder (Engineless), 90 F250 (Explorer 5.0 4R70W)
Garage
im tempted but i really shouldn't go. someone needs to convince me to go but needs to be responsible enough to make sure i wont go hard. im trying not to mud my trucks anymore and my front axle was acting up last time i used 4x4 and i have only 10% of reverse left. but if i do go i can at least carry tools and help do recovery. last time i went to Redneck Yatch Club i made my 33 ATs do some decent work and was battling a jeep on 37 V-treds. but if anyones got a pair of 33-35MTs i can rent n for the weekend ill gladly throw some cash

PS: ill volunteer to be the person to break something

-----96 5.0 E4OD--------------88 5.8 C6--------------96 5.8 E4OD------
---------KIA-------------------Mud/Trail---------------Daily Driver------
post #51 of 357 (permalink) Old 09-08-2015, 08:49 PM
September 15 FOTM

Bronco Info: 1978 bronco 351 c6
Garage
Definitely should go.

1992 f250 turbo intercooled idi ~ D.D./work truck
1978 bronco "grits"~ trail truck
1995 red xlt sport! with 351 ~ Sold
post #52 of 357 (permalink) Old 09-09-2015, 05:20 AM Thread Starter

kingfish....sounds like you're trying to convince yourself to go..lol...get your ass out with us and have a few laughs....i for one would like to meet you, and it would be good for ya to meet our swamping crew...good bunch of guys....

digger159
post #53 of 357 (permalink) Old 09-09-2015, 05:22 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANGELO View Post
Defenentaly should go.
jesus ANGELO please tell me they havent signed your diploma yet...lol....

digger159
post #54 of 357 (permalink) Old 09-09-2015, 08:46 AM
Charlie doesn't surf!!

Bronco Info: 1992 xlt, 351EFI, .040, E4OD, D44 SAS w/Trutrac,Detroit locked 8.8, MAF conv, Tweeced
Garage
As far as I'm aware there isn't any mud at hard rock, just trails, obstacles and climbs. at least that what I get from youtube videos..

I just emailed hard rock to find out about the camping. other than saying the primitive sites are $10 a night, it doesn't give any more information. was hoping we would all be able to set up in the same area..

How many of you were actually planning on camping?

Something else that occurred to me, I don't want to be riding around with a bunch of camping gear in the back of my rig, especially with the kind of stuff they have out there, I can see my crap spilling out all over the trail.. I'm guessing we could put all of our stuff at the site then go riding..thoughts?
post #55 of 357 (permalink) Old 09-09-2015, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

actually jeremy i called and tried to find out information on the park, camping, etc....the guy i got on the phone couldnt have been a bigger prick...after 2 questions i decided he wasnt going to change my day and figured i would find out everything else as i went along...

but here is what i did find out;

* you pay the $25 for the riding and $10 for camping as you enter...so i would suppose they give you a ticket or something when you pay...

* you camp in the same park you ride in....so i guess we can all be together, relatively....

other then that, i'm out....lol...that's why i asked someone else to call and find out about campfires...

as far as the camping gear and firewood, looks like have to haul that around all day with us....

digger159
post #56 of 357 (permalink) Old 09-09-2015, 04:15 PM

Bronco Info: 1994 Bronco 5.0 liter e4od factory MAF, 130 amp 3g, auxillary transmission filter and cooler.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermil01 View Post
As far as I'm aware there isn't any mud at hard rock, just trails, obstacles and climbs. at least that what I get from youtube videos..

I just emailed hard rock to find out about the camping. other than saying the primitive sites are $10 a night, it doesn't give any more information. was hoping we would all be able to set up in the same area..

How many of you were actually planning on camping?

Something else that occurred to me, I don't want to be riding around with a bunch of camping gear in the back of my rig, especially with the kind of stuff they have out there, I can see my crap spilling out all over the trail.. I'm guessing we could put all of our stuff at the site then go riding..thoughts?
I take the same approach as I do with utility trailers. Its a big closed box, so anything with some weight is gonna stay there unless it rolls over.

So far the only thing Ive lost out of the bronco was a lawnmower, but the tailgate was down so it doesn't count.

My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/pfun41#p/a
The going get tough, the tough get debt
Don't pay attention, pay the rent
Next of kins pay for your sins
A little faith should keep us safe
post #57 of 357 (permalink) Old 09-09-2015, 05:45 PM
Nothing beets a Fullsize

Bronco Info: 96 Bronco (5.8 DD E4OD), 88 Bronco Mudder (Engineless), 90 F250 (Explorer 5.0 4R70W)
Garage
bringing a traielr to put stuff in sounds like a good idea to me. every time i go offroading with my tools in the back, opening my tailgate spills all my stuff everywhere

i plan on jsut sleeping in the back seat of my truck so camping to me isnt an issue. i can sleep on side of road if need be fire would be nice tho to heat food. but i can jsut put it under the hood for awhile also

-----96 5.0 E4OD--------------88 5.8 C6--------------96 5.8 E4OD------
---------KIA-------------------Mud/Trail---------------Daily Driver------
post #58 of 357 (permalink) Old 09-09-2015, 07:55 PM

Bronco Info: 1994 Bronco 5.0 liter e4od factory MAF, 130 amp 3g, auxillary transmission filter and cooler.
Quote:
im tempted but i really shouldn't go. someone needs to convince me to go but needs to be responsible enough to make sure i wont go hard. im trying not to mud my trucks anymore and my front axle was acting up last time i used 4x4 and i have only 10% of reverse left. but if i do go i can at least carry tools and help do recovery. last time i went to Redneck Yatch Club i made my 33 ATs do some decent work and was battling a jeep on 37 V-treds. but if anyones got a pair of 33-35MTs i can rent n for the weekend ill gladly throw some cash

PS: ill volunteer to be the person to break something
I didn't even see this one. Yeah go, reverse is already shot, who cares if the clutches burn up completely, gotta come out to fix anyway. I currently have a bunch of untraced clunks and rattles, my slipshafts need to be greased (might not get done), my pinging problem under low rpm/high load/high heat is back, my breaks are squealing, the fan clutch has a mind of it's own, and my injectors seem to be playing musical chairs. One of these issues may get addressed. Still going (yes I know what I'm doing). I sound absolutely nuts now that I read that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfish999 View Post
bringing a traielr to put stuff in sounds like a good idea to me. every time i go offroading with my tools in the back, opening my tailgate spills all my stuff everywhere

i plan on jsut sleeping in the back seat of my truck so camping to me isnt an issue. i can sleep on side of road if need be fire would be nice tho to heat food. but i can jsut put it under the hood for awhile also
I was confused at first, then I remembered you have a lead foot. Never had that problem, I'm the smallest and the most conservative of the group. Every.Damn.Time. We should put you with your long lost twin, and you can race each other or something. Idk, what normally happens when you put two lead foots on the same trail?

I wanna make burgers over the campfire, but if that doesn't work out I can bring a camp stove. I've had hot dogs or sanwiches the last few times and that can get kind of old.

My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/pfun41#p/a
The going get tough, the tough get debt
Don't pay attention, pay the rent
Next of kins pay for your sins
A little faith should keep us safe
post #59 of 357 (permalink) Old 09-09-2015, 08:34 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1996 EB Bronco 5.8, E4OD, BW1356 Transfercase, 6 inch BDS Lift w/Procomp Leafs, 200,010Miles
Unfortunely I won't be going this round. Got too much to go over on mine since I got it back from being repaired. Haven't even finished the oba like I was hoping to by now.
post #60 of 357 (permalink) Old 09-09-2015, 09:10 PM
September 15 FOTM

Bronco Info: 1978 bronco 351 c6
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfun41 View Post
I didn't even see this one. Yeah go, reverse is already shot, who cares if the clutches burn up completely, gotta come out to fix anyway. I currently have a bunch of untraced clunks and rattles, my slipshafts need to be greased (might not get done), my pinging problem under low rpm/high load/high heat is back, my breaks are squealing, the fan clutch has a mind of it's own, and my injectors seem to be playing musical chairs. One of these issues may get addressed. Still going (yes I know what I'm doing). I sound absolutely nuts now that I read that.

I was confused at first, then I remembered you have a lead foot. Never had that problem, I'm the smallest and the most conservative of the group. Every.Damn.Time. We should put you with your long lost twin, and you can race each other or something. Idk, what normally happens when you put two lead foots on the same trail?

I wanna make burgers over the campfire, but if that doesn't work out I can bring a camp stove. I've had hot dogs or sanwiches the last few times and that can get kind of old.
I need pictures, so my foot mught be heavier. Also the pictures from last meet are being edited...

Quote:
Originally Posted by digger159 View Post
jesus ANGELO please tell me they havent signed your diploma yet...lol....
Fixed it...

1992 f250 turbo intercooled idi ~ D.D./work truck
1978 bronco "grits"~ trail truck
1995 red xlt sport! with 351 ~ Sold

Ford Bronco Forum > Wheeling > Dixie Chapter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode