Florida engine rebuilder - Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 94 Bronco Father/Son project truck
Florida engine rebuilder

Looking to get some work done on my 94 351W EFI. Considering a rebuild with some modifications for some increased HP; heads, cam, headers, possibly intake or even stroking it. Currently don't have the space or tools to pull an engine.
Looking for some reasonable quality shops in Florida. Located south, but willing to travel for quality work.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 06:18 PM
September 15 FOTM

Bronco Info: 1978 bronco 351 c6
Garage
Where are you?

1992 f250 turbo intercooled idi ~ D.D./work truck
1978 bronco "grits"~ trail truck
1995 red xlt sport! with 351 ~ Sold
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 01:12 AM
Nothing beets a Fullsize

Bronco Info: 96 Bronco (5.8 DD E4OD), 88 Bronco Mudder (Engineless), 90 F250 (Explorer 5.0 4R70W)
Garage
if you dont plan on doing it yourself, you might just get a crate engine. but jsut so you know the stock EFI is pretty limited to modifications. you can get it tuned but it may be limiting. and if you have a auto tranny, it needs the EFI to work so swapping to carb would need a tranny controller which is costly

-----96 5.0 E4OD--------------88 5.8 C6--------------96 5.8 E4OD------
---------KIA-------------------Mud/Trail---------------Daily Driver------

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANGELO View Post
Where are you?
I'm in Dade County.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfish999 View Post
if you dont plan on doing it yourself, you might just get a crate engine. but jsut so you know the stock EFI is pretty limited to modifications. you can get it tuned but it may be limiting. and if you have a auto tranny, it needs the EFI to work so swapping to carb would need a tranny controller which is costly
Thanks, my son and I would love to do the work ourselves but we just don't have the garage or driveway space to do it. (Don't have a lift or stand either) We aren't looking for huge gains, it's my son's daily transportation to school and insurance is ridiculous as it is. It is an auto, so I'm limited there.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 07:11 PM
Nothing beets a Fullsize

Bronco Info: 96 Bronco (5.8 DD E4OD), 88 Bronco Mudder (Engineless), 90 F250 (Explorer 5.0 4R70W)
Garage
you could upgrade the EFI to MAF which would allot more gains and run smoother. but that can get either costly or complicated or both. the stock Speed Density is limited due to reading vacuum to determin load. cam selection is most important with it. but even differences in intake, heads, exhaust and rest of the engine build can affect the readings. but there are early Ford Lightnings using Speed Density with some built engines, jsut depends on how good of a job the guy doing the tuning does

look on craigslist for engine stands and lifts. there usually all over there because people buy them, use them once, then sell them

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
you could upgrade the EFI to MAF which would allot more gains and run smoother. but that can get either costly or complicated or both. the stock Speed Density is limited due to reading vacuum to determin load. cam selection is most important with it. but even differences in intake, heads, exhaust and rest of the engine build can affect the readings. but there are early Ford Lightnings using Speed Density with some built engines, jsut depends on how good of a job the guy doing the tuning does

look on craigslist for engine stands and lifts. there usually all over there because people buy them, use them once, then sell them
Thank you. I am finding much of the same researching this. I know the cam selection is a big factor, I have found quite a bit of conflicting info on which to go with.

I haven't given much thought to switching to a MAF (it has crossed my mind). What other changes would need to be made if that switch was made.

The biggest hurdle I have right now is lack of garage space to do the work and I don't live somewhere where I could do it in the driveway.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 08:47 PM
Nothing beets a Fullsize

Garage
well i havent actually done the swap as both my 96 trucks were MAF already and i plan on using a 96 MAF harness in my 88 when time comes. probably the best kit would be the Fiveology Racing kit
1985-96 FORD F-SERIES 5.0/5.8L (E4OD) MASS AIR CONVERSION KIT - Fiveology Racing

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
well i havent actually done the swap as both my 96 trucks were MAF already and i plan on using a 96 MAF harness in my 88 when time comes. probably the best kit would be the Fiveology Racing kit
1985-96 FORD F-SERIES 5.0/5.8L (E4OD) MASS AIR CONVERSION KIT - Fiveology Racing
I was just looking at theirs and from Dunne Rite. The Dunne Rite unit doesn't specify transmission compatibility and is a significantly smaller unit 55mm vs. 70mm for Fivology's stage 1 kit. I plan on calling them tomorrow and may go this route and then slowly do the rest of the upgrades.

The more my son and I can do in the driveway, the better.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 07:39 PM
September 15 FOTM

Bronco Info: 1978 bronco 351 c6
Garage
Im 19, i rebuilt my 351 2 years ago. All i did was gt40 heads and ev6 injectors the rest was stock and i was pretty happy with it. Seems like intake gt40 heads and maybe a small cam is the way togo if you dont want it to get to expensive or compicated by having to set up maf. All of us are north of you by quite a bit so probably wont be able to suggest any shops. Try asking on a local facebook page.
You cant pull it at a friends house? Thats what i did. Started on a Saturday and drove it away the next sunday.

1992 f250 turbo intercooled idi ~ D.D./work truck
1978 bronco "grits"~ trail truck
1995 red xlt sport! with 351 ~ Sold

Ford Bronco Forum > Wheeling > Dixie Chapter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode