Fun Ford Weekend July 19-21, 2013. - Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 12:15 AM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 96 XL 302 4x4
Fun Ford Weekend July 19-21, 2013.

I wanted to let everyone on here know about an event that will be going on this summer and invite anyone to come that would like to.

The Event is Fun Ford Weekend in St. Louis, MO at Gateway Motorsports Park July 19th -21st, 2013. At this even all Ford bodied and Ford powered vehicles are welcome to join in events such as autocross, drag racing, car show, audio competition and other events.

While this is an all Ford event, there are individual forums for specific models that will have their own groups or other events specifically for them. I am part of the team setting up FocusFest '13, which is the national www.focusfanatics.com event. We have joined up with Fun Ford Weekend to hold our event with them.

We are also branching out to all other Ford forums to see who else would like to join and help represent their models and groups at this event.

There are also caravans heading there from a majority of the country for other groups that you are welcome to join up with if you would like.

Here's a link to Fun Ford Weekend's site with specific information for the event. You are also welcome to contact me as well with any questions. If I can't answer them then I am in contact with the promoters of Fun Ford Weekend and can get an answer back to you in a timely manner.

http://funfordweekend.com/

Here is the link for FocusFest with some details and pics/vids from previous events.
www.FocusFest.com

2009 Focus Coupe
1995 Eddie Bauer Bronco 351W
1992 F150 Flareside 302 project
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 07:59 AM
---------------------

Bronco Info: See Signature
Any more info then what'son those links, I realize there is a lot of info in those links but what all is going to go on this year?
Also I assumed you were wanting to get some bronco's to show up?

I may be there in one or the other

The Street Queen: '92 Eddie Bauer- C6 Swap, Roller 357W 400hp/400ft-lbs, SCT Tuned, 4" Lift, 4.10's,
Go Fastish Build: '78 Custom- 4" Deaver Lift, Mild 460, Full Cage, 4.10's
Build Thread http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/...8-project.html

Last edited by CrazyBRONCOguy; 01-29-2013 at 08:03 AM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

Well I know for the FocusFest crowd we are having a meet and greet friday night at the hotel. saturday has the main events including Car Show & Audio Competition, Ford Focus Auto Cross *New!*, Ford Focus Drag Racing, SVT vs. ST Part IV Race, Awards Ceremony & Prize Drawings, FocusFest Dinner Caravan. sunday will continue the fun ford weekend events with more car show and drag racing.

Fun Ford weekend gives out a bunch of awards for the car show and also biggest club participation. last year Mustang Club of Greater KC won that.

Yes I would love to get some Broncos out there and show people that there is more to Ford than just Mustangs. We have been working with several forums for different models. i know it's been on here, f150forums, teamzx2, rangerforum, and pretty sure it's on some other local forums and others as well.

2009 Focus Coupe
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 10:33 AM
---------------------

Do you have an idea of the rules and that for the focus autocross? Example I assume I would need a DOT helment?

The Street Queen: '92 Eddie Bauer- C6 Swap, Roller 357W 400hp/400ft-lbs, SCT Tuned, 4" Lift, 4.10's,
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 10:45 AM
I did all for the Nookie

Bronco Info: 89' Bronco 5.8l Variable Speed V8, Forward, Rev, Turns left, right, stops, and everything.
Garage
So a FoMoCo powered Pontiac Trans Am would be welcome?

351W, ZF5-47, BW1356, 10.25/D60
FOTM DEC. 2011
"Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati,"
When all else fails roll over and play dead.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 10:50 AM
---------------------

Yeah Ed, should be fine.... I've been to other FF events and have seen some things you would not think should be there.

I have read on the focus forum that this particular even is letting Mazda's in as well. Which maybe closer then your T/A but I feel like its the same kind of issue

Last edited by CrazyBRONCOguy; 01-29-2013 at 10:53 AM.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 11:28 AM Thread Starter

yes, anything with a Ford body or Ford motor are allowed. that does include mazdas and other Ford relatives as well.

Safety equipment is based off the track itself. They do Require NHRA compliant helmets for drag and autox.
(Snell 2005 or better for 13.99 or quicker)
(DOT helmet for 14.00 seconds or slower)

There is a good chance that long pants and shirts will be required as well so bring them just in case. haven't heard for yet on that from the track yet, but safe bet to have it.

2009 Focus Coupe
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 06:24 PM

Bronco Info: 79 ranger xlt,351w,95 xlt,351w
i might get in on this

Ford Bronco Forum > Wheeling > Midwest Chapter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode