It takes a Mule to slaughter a Mountain Lion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 693 (permalink) Old 06-19-2005, 06:05 PM
Honeynut Cheerios Urine

Bronco Info: 95 Bko/C150/C350
Quote:
Originally Posted by natesbronco
so the tuttle creek? where is that located?
30 miles north of Manhatten, check out the TrailKrawlers link, that's where the majority are located

It's actually "randolph offroad park" if you can find Randolph on a map, mapquest, whatever, you can find the park..it's just down the road, and has signs.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

SOLD:'95 2DR Bronco 60/10.25
SOLD:'95 4DR C350 PSD
SOLD:'95 4DR C150 351 '05 60/10.5[/URL]
post #83 of 693 (permalink) Old 06-19-2005, 09:23 PM

Bronco Info: 74 EB and 00 Excursion
Right on. Joe you go there a lot? I am living out in CA right now but im going to be back to Kansas for good on the 18th 19th July. Im going to want to go up there and try it out. since i never had time to go on any trips with my bronco since i built it up

post #84 of 693 (permalink) Old 06-20-2005, 12:36 AM
Honeynut Cheerios Urine

Quote:
Right on. Joe you go there a lot? I am living out in CA right now but im going to be back to Kansas for good on the 18th 19th July. Im going to want to go up there and try it out. since i never had time to go on any trips with my bronco since i built it up
I've been there once, last fall, i just havent had time/moeny to go lately, i'd rather put time/money into getting new equipment, thatn spending it on gas, and fixing stock parts...just my view on things i guess

There is a BIG meet and greet, called the "kansas krawl", more info is on their homepage...its like 10 dollars to enter, its a drug/alcohol free event, for faimly, and its a 2 day event, fun stuff! I dont think i'll be able to make it, it'll depend on when i go to Basic training, I find out when i go the sunday after this one, if i leave for basic prior to the kansas krawl, i wont be able to be going anywhere till next spring/summer after tech school, etc, etc.

Got any more info/pics of your build?

JoeBobOutfitters.com

post #85 of 693 (permalink) Old 06-21-2005, 11:38 PM

what branch are you going into? i am getting out after 6 years in the air force. im going to get the guard in Topeka full time. the air force is cutting back alot and my job is one of them. i have some pic's of the bronco i need to read up to see how to post of if i can even post on here. not to for sure...
post #86 of 693 (permalink) Old 06-21-2005, 11:52 PM
Honeynut Cheerios Urine

Quote:
what branch are you going into? i am getting out after 6 years in the air force. im going to get the guard in Topeka full time. the air force is cutting back alot and my job is one of them. i have some pic's of the bronco i need to read up to see how to post of if i can even post on here. not to for sure...
I was going into Airforce reserves, then the recruiter was a wanker, wouldnt trafvel to meet, if tehre was a question i had, he'd take 3 days to respond, etc, etc..it just wasnt worth my time trying to weed through his crap

so, i knew a gaurd guy locally whose a SGT, so i talked to him, got in contact with the recruiter, and it's night and day difference, he's a cool guy, and travels to me, meets with me, calls back asap, etc..

I'm going in as a helicopter pilot, with the hopes in 6 years, if i feel like reinlisting, to go to officer training, then to try to get accepted for pilot school. What are you in for? I go to MEPs in KC this sunday to figure out when i go to basic n stuff.

go to superford.org and register for an account, then create a vehicle...then add pictures, pretty self explanatory when you get in there

JoeBobOutfitters.com

post #87 of 693 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 09:36 PM

Bronco Info:
Helicopter Pilot...........right on , I joined the Marine Corps hoping to become a Helicopter Pilot...needless to say I fell in love with infantry and never followed through...(actually I proly never would've made the cut...lol). My recruiter promised me I'd have enough time to get a degree while serving my time....needless to say if I had 2 minutes of free time some higher echelon would come along and erase it. OH well, at least I'm getting money for school now. I had another buddy who joined the Army, got his O-commission, even got accepted into flight school. Ended up found out his girl was pregnant same week he got accepted and never followed through. Now he's some supply officer in the reserves here in town. I should kick his ass for not doing it.........matter of fact---now that I'm thinking about it.........................
You'll like the Army, just stay motivated and make the best out of your experience. You'll meet lots of Gomer's, and lot's of guy's who would sell both thier nuts for you, as you would them. Don't get disgruntled at the "non-rates", it's everyone's job to make them better. Help them out and you'll become a better person along the way. Did I mention stay motivated? Congrat's on joining the Army (even though it's not the Marines....lol) and THANK YOU ahead of time.

In the word of Chesty Puller:...
"You can't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em"
Got Mule?
post #88 of 693 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 12:33 AM
Honeynut Cheerios Urine

the main reason i chose gaurd was becuase i knew people, and they had a field i'd be interested in, in the Aircraft i was looking for airplane maitence/pilot like the army, but...the aircraft recruiter was horrible to say hte least, and he's in wichita, and wouldnt drive a bit to save me from my 3hr long drive one way....I also would have had to go to wichita 1 weekend a month, now i just will go to salina, 1/2 the gas, and, as SRaTEX has figured out, it's easier to become a helicopter pilot than airplane...so...

JoeBobOutfitters.com

post #89 of 693 (permalink) Old 06-24-2005, 03:53 PM

Bronco Info: '96 Bronco 5.0L
I'm a Junction City KS guy. I'll be visiting home from 6-20 July. It'll be good to be out of the northeast for a couple of weeks! Anyone from around the JC/Manhattan area?

Maroon '96 Bronco XL
Red '03 F250 Lariat SWR four door V-10
Sonic Blue '03 Cobra--not stock...
post #90 of 693 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 10:47 AM

Bronco Info:
Been a while since I heard from any KS members, anyone still there? I'm getting tired of all these M&G's I read about everywhere else (jealousy sucks...lol). When we gonna have one. I bet we could muster up enough Wichitan's and surrounding to have a kick ass M&G here in Wichita, or close. Whadya say?

Got Mule?
post #91 of 693 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 05:35 AM

Bronco Info:
HELLO????

Got Mule?
post #92 of 693 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 11:05 AM

Hey Mule. im from Burlington. nice to met you. hey what is going on over the big weekend? any one going to tuttle? i have never been there i am hoping to get up there. a M&G would be cool. i would have to trailer my bronc if i where to bring it that is kind of a drive for me..
post #93 of 693 (permalink) Old 08-24-2005, 02:25 AM

Bronco Info:
yeah, that would be a long drive. About the M&G, I was trying to make it a no big deal sort of get together drink some beer and hang out a bit. Nothing to crazy or serious......but we can always leave that open. I don't know about anything up at Tuttle and I won't be able to get up there for at least another couple months anyhow, but maybe next summer it might be pretty cool to plan some sort of get together up there. If anyone's interested maybe we could start some posts and do a little planning. Maybe start making it a yearly sort of deal. Before long it would be bigger than the Rubicon........but I won't hold my breath on that one.

Got Mule?
post #94 of 693 (permalink) Old 08-24-2005, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
scrounger extrordinaire

Bronco Info: 79 460 6" coming soon...39.5s, D60/D60 ARB/Detroit w/ 4.88s
i am in topeka. i personally wouldnt be able to drive the 79 to wichita just due to gas consumption. i would drive that sucker to randolph though...maybe?

stay in touch everybody

take a look at TRUCK my 79 custom. 6" front, 4" rear, 460, 37s, 8 lug conversion. F&R discs. this season, i will have the D60/D60 installed, rear detroit and front ARB with 4.88s and 39.5 IROKs on hummer double bealocks, hydro assist and crossover steering
post #95 of 693 (permalink) Old 08-24-2005, 11:00 PM

Bronco Info: 1996
I started another thread about the FTE's lake day up at Tuttle the third weekend in September. The Trail Krawlers are having a big event at Tuttle that weekend also. I have heard they charge $35 to attend. Doesn't cost anything to attend FTE's lake day deal.

If anyone would like to make it up they are welcome. I don't have a link for Trail Krawlers but I posted a link for the FTE Lake day on the post for this.
post #96 of 693 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 01:18 PM

third weekend

Well i might just see what i can do about the trhird weekend sounds like a good time. i am getting a new job hopefully i wont have to work on that weekend. keep my informed on what is going on if you dont mind i dont get on here to often right now.

Thanks Nate
post #97 of 693 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 01:45 PM

Bronco Info: 1994 EB stock
Just got my bronco the other week. I am from kansas City but am currently in Manhattan for school. Oh yeah and I have the bronco up here at K-state. So if there are any events that are on the weekends put them up I wanna try out the bronco. Or if anyone knows of any trails that would be good for a stock bronco to get it's trial run out in the manhattan area that would be good too.
Adam
post #98 of 693 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
scrounger extrordinaire

Bronco Info: 79 460 6" coming soon...39.5s, D60/D60 ARB/Detroit w/ 4.88s
if you in manhappiness, go up to randolph. you should be able to play a little there

take a look at TRUCK my 79 custom. 6" front, 4" rear, 460, 37s, 8 lug conversion. F&R discs. this season, i will have the D60/D60 installed, rear detroit and front ARB with 4.88s and 39.5 IROKs on hummer double bealocks, hydro assist and crossover steering
post #99 of 693 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 06:57 PM

Bronco Info: 1996
Quote:
Originally Posted by jar73186
So if there are any events that are on the weekends put them up I wanna try out the bronco. Or if anyone knows of any trails that would be good for a stock bronco to get it's trial run out in the manhattan area that would be good too.
Adam
We have a run on the 17th and 18th of September. It's listed in this section under another thread as FTE Lake Day. Your welcome to join us.

What tires are you running? Some off highway trails (like some up at Tuttle OHV Area) can be hard on tires. You really need a good truck tire. P rated (passanger car) tires are 4 ply and designed for a soft ride on streets and don't fair well up there. Tow points front and rear is something else you should have. I have straps and a winch, but you need to have a place to hook them to. Other than that you should be fine.

A cb radio is nice to have so we can talk to each other. I have a couple of hand helds. GMRS radio's are another option. I have a couple of those but they don't have the range of the CB.

Check out the link for the FTE Lake day on my other post. That's where all the planning will take place for this run. You can find pictures of Tuttle on my web site. And maps also. Just received permission to post another map on my site so I'll load it with the other ones on my site tonight.

Hope to see you there. Looks like we are going to have a cook out and camp also. Your welcome to join us for that also.
post #100 of 693 (permalink) Old 09-02-2005, 02:03 PM

Bronco Info: 1994 EB stock
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyJack

A cb radio is nice to have so we can talk to each other. I have a couple of hand helds. GMRS radio's are another option. I have a couple of those but they don't have the range of the CB.

Hope to see you there. Looks like we are going to have a cook out and camp also. Your welcome to join us for that also.
I have BFG 31" tires I am not sure on the rating but they are fairly beefy tires. What CB Channel do you all use. I have a cb I just need to find a better place to mount it. right now it just sets on my passenger seat when I use it. I have a stock bronco with the 351 I only got it 3 weeks ago so it is fairly new to me and I haven't had time to get a winch or alot of the stuff that I would like to put on it. On the tuttle creek event would I be able to wheel even without these things or am I at a high risk to get stuck? If you think that the bronco will make I will come on down and if you don't think that it will i might still come down to check it out, get some ideas for my Bronco.
Adam

Ford Bronco Forum > Wheeling > Midwest Chapter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode