• 1 Post By yogib
  • 1 Post By gretna1970
  • 1 Post By gretna1970

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-17-2015, 12:52 AM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 1995 XLT 5.8L
Looking for body/ paint guy/shop near Salem, OR

Hi gang,
I'm really new to Oregon and need a good body and paint guy to swap out my door on my 95. Ever mess with one particular item so much you just can't stand the thought of working on the same problem any longer? Well that's where I am with my door.

I made the mistake of buying a reproduction driver side door and it hate how flimsy it feels and the so/so fit (air noise). I'm ready to just go buy a used OEM door and have someone hang and paint it. Anyone know of a good body guy near Salem? I'm actually in Lyons, but work in Salem. I don't want to just go to a collision center for a rush job. I'd like someone who will do the job right and people trust.

Thanks in advance and my LORD this is a gorgeous state!
stlswagger likes this.

Future FOTM Winner??? Might as well start the shameless self-promotion now, right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-17-2015, 03:37 PM

Bronco Info: 1978 Bronco Custom
Garage
Man I really wish I could help you out. I live in Roseburg, Oregon and am learning to do paint and body stuff for my own rig, but I don't think I am to the level that you need yet. I will ask some of my friends up in that area and see if they can make any recommendations.
gretna1970 likes this.

Quote:
"It's like painting mice turds with a hair".... j.r. Nice
"I just feel like every time a manual Bronco gets converted to an automatic an angel loses its wings".... amosbocephus

If I wanted a Hummer, I would call your mom...
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 11:56 AM

Bronco Info: 84 full sixpoint cage,engine cage,prerunner bumpers,trussed and disc braked 9inch,king coilovers etc
Mine was painted by Price autobody in Molalla. Not far away. Tim and Terry are good honest guys. They treated me well.
gretna1970 likes this.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowops View Post
Man I really wish I could help you out. I live in Roseburg, Oregon and am learning to do paint and body stuff for my own rig, but I don't think I am to the level that you need yet. I will ask some of my friends up in that area and see if they can make any recommendations.
Thanks!

Future FOTM Winner??? Might as well start the shameless self-promotion now, right?
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogib View Post
Mine was painted by Price autobody in Molalla. Not far away. Tim and Terry are good honest guys. They treated me well.

Thanks Yogib, I'll check them out.

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-28-2015, 09:54 PM

Did you find a body shop? I live about 10 miles south of Salem. My gf/soon to be wife is from Lyons.

1989 Bronco
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-22-2016, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagan View Post
Did you find a body shop? I live about 10 miles south of Salem. My gf/soon to be wife is from Lyons.
Sort of. I think I will check Price autobody, but I want to talk to these guys: CANYON AUTO REBODY OREGON?S LEADING HIGH-END AUTO-BODY REPAIR FACILITY SPECIALIZING IN PORSCHE FERRARI MERCEDES BENZ BMW AUTO-BODY COLLISION REPAIR PAINTING RESTORATION FREE ONLINE ESTIMATES
They are literally less than two miles from me in Mehama. They have 1 Google review that gave them 5 starts. Their website makes you think they are high end, but I drove by and they look like a "normal" small town shop.

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretna1970 View Post
Sort of. I think I will check Price autobody, but I want to talk to these guys: CANYON AUTO REBODY OREGON?S LEADING HIGH-END AUTO-BODY REPAIR FACILITY SPECIALIZING IN PORSCHE FERRARI MERCEDES BENZ BMW AUTO-BODY COLLISION REPAIR PAINTING RESTORATION FREE ONLINE ESTIMATES
They are literally less than two miles from me in Mehama. They have 1 Google review that gave them 5 starts. Their website makes you think they are high end, but I drove by and they look like a "normal" small town shop.
I talked to the guy at CAR. Seems like a straight shooter. He ball parked the work at $600-$700 bucks. It was a little higher than I expected. I'm going to look in to yogib's suggestion next.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the lead Yogib, I just left Prices auto body and talked with Rod.Their estimate was half of CAR's estimate and they are doing all the work (at CAR I had to gut the door and install everything on my own for the $700 price). I was so impressed with price that I just left the door there and they will hang it next week.
BikerPepe` likes this.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-16-2016, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretna1970 View Post
Thanks for the lead Yogib, I just left Prices auto body and talked with Rod.Their estimate was half of CAR's estimate and they are doing all the work (at CAR I had to gut the door and install everything on my own for the $700 price). I was so impressed with price that I just left the door there and they will hang it next week.
I dropped off the Bronco yesterday. I have to fly out of town for a few days, but will pick it up on Thursday. I'll post the results.

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-16-2016, 06:52 PM
Harley's & Bronco's FTW!

Bronco Info: '95 XLT, 5.8/E4OD/MassAir/6" lift/4.56's/35x12.5 BFG AT-KO2
Garage
Look forward to seeing how it comes out for you gret! best of luck and high hopes.

"When life throws you a curve... LEAN INTO IT!"

SuperMotors - Since 2002
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2016, 08:25 PM Thread Starter

Final product

Here are a few pictures of the final results from Price Auto Body. I'm happy with their work, price, and color. The door is once again feels solid and wind noise is gone. I have since installed replacement door panels. Here there are for your viewing pleasure:

BikerPepe` likes this.

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2016, 10:57 PM
Harley's & Bronco's FTW!

Bronco Info: '95 XLT, 5.8/E4OD/MassAir/6" lift/4.56's/35x12.5 BFG AT-KO2
Garage
nice looking job gretna! congrats.

"When life throws you a curve... LEAN INTO IT!"

SuperMotors - Since 2002
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2016, 11:52 PM
Bronco Snob

Bronco Info: 1992 XLT 351W E4OD 4" lift TRE flip 130 amp 3G Alt Saginaw P.S. BFG MT KM2 315 75 16
Garage
Looks sharp glad you're happy with it.

A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a higher degree of both. - Milton Friedman -

Ford Bronco Forum > Wheeling > Pacific Northwest Chapter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode