Putting the feelers out for Oregon....... Possibly moving - Page 2 - Ford Bronco Forum
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 07:02 PM

Bronco Info: 1996 Silver and Blue Superlift 6" on 37's
I'm not saying there arent independents, but if you want a job pulling cable at a large site like Intel, you'll have to do so through the union rat bastards.
B-man likes this.

1996 XLT
Superlift 6", Custom Dents, Andy's Rocker guards, Extended radius arms, 35" Cepek Mountain Cats - soon to be parted

1996 XL 302/M5R2/BW1356/bottom base model
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 01:14 PM

Im just passing through here as I'm not a Bronco owner (but lately been really wanting one) but I live in southern Oregon. The real thing to figure out is how far away from the Portland area you would be okay with, because there's really a huge variety of climate and lifestyles. I personally find most of western Oregon to be much too "blue" for my taste, although everything east of I-5 may as well be Idaho as far as politics goes, except for some in Bend that 2/3 chunk of the state is much more "common sense" I would say. Its also much more dry, high desert, and less populated. The good thing is you can find nice small towns in every corner of the state, and close to the bigger places. As far as the rain, that's mostly Willamette Valley and the coast. Im in Medford (Rogue Valley) which is just across the border from CA, and its much more dry and mello climate wise than the Portland area, but its generally green at the same time. This county is about 150k in population, and there are some jobs but they are usually more medical based. There are those that diss people from CA, but don't let that stop you because most people you will meet here came from CA. Property and income tax sucks, but theres no sales tax and vehicle registrations are cheaper and simpler than most states, last two years, and unless you're in one of a few areas theres no smog. Also its easy to get a conseal carry permit for those who value that sort of thing :-) Now I just gotta find a decent Bronco around here.
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1992 XLT , 5.8, E40D
Garage
Thanks for the information Alan.. Good luck on that Bronco!!!!.. I was looking around Medford as well. Newberg is still where I found houses we like the most. But, anywhere I can get approved and a good price is where we will end up. I don't mine being about 45mins or so away from the big cities. I like the country. Dense land and not many people.

1992 XLT, 5.8 w/ E40D transmission, TTB D44 in front, 8.8 rear, 4.88 gears w/ Eaton Posi, Gibson exhaust/headers,cb radio, 4" suspension lift, 33x12.5's on 8" Pro Comp wheels.

http://www.supermotors.net/registry/27670/85749

post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 03:23 PM

Bronco Info: 1996 Silver and Blue Superlift 6" on 37's
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-man View Post
Newberg is still where I found houses we like the most. But, anywhere I can get approved and a good price is where we will end up. I don't mine being about 45mins or so away from the big cities. I like the country. Dense land and not many people.
Newberg is a buyers market right now. It's not the kind of market where you are paying 25% over asking, but you will pay the asking price.

It's also about as far out as I would want to live if I still worked up in the Metro area.

If you guys come up for a visit, let me know. I'll show you around a bit.

1996 XLT
Superlift 6", Custom Dents, Andy's Rocker guards, Extended radius arms, 35" Cepek Mountain Cats - soon to be parted

1996 XL 302/M5R2/BW1356/bottom base model
post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 01:03 AM Thread Starter
Fullsize Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decker View Post
Newberg is a buyers market right now. It's not the kind of market where you are paying 25% over asking, but you will pay the asking price.

It's also about as far out as I would want to live if I still worked up in the Metro area.

If you guys come up for a visit, let me know. I'll show you around a bit.
We will be up around December. Our Son's baby is due around the end of the month. Probably be a week up there.

We will be selling our house down here. We are not upside down on it, so we should have a little breathing room when looking for a home up there.

1992 XLT, 5.8 w/ E40D transmission, TTB D44 in front, 8.8 rear, 4.88 gears w/ Eaton Posi, Gibson exhaust/headers,cb radio, 4" suspension lift, 33x12.5's on 8" Pro Comp wheels.

post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-18-2016, 05:39 PM

Bronco Info: 1995 XLT 5.8L
I'm a little late to this thread, but feel compelled to chime in. I moved here a year ago (outside of Salem). Moved from Arizona (lived in Northern CA for 6 years and grew up in New Jersey as well) and I love it here. I don't mind the rain at all, but you do have to account for it. If you don't like rainy or overcast days, you may want to just visit or take vitamin D daily. Gorgeous is an understatement. If you like the outdoors, it doesn't get much better than this. I like Portland, but only to visit and personally would avoid it and its surrounding cities. I couldn't live there mostly because the traffic is on par with SoCal.

Yes, the state does things that make you scratch your head at times, but your going to get that anywhere in one form or another.

Bottom line, I moved and haven't looked back. The fact that you have family here, only makes it better.

Best of luck with your escape from CA!
Weber and marshallnoise like this.

Future FOTM Winner??? Might as well start the shameless self-promotion now, right?
post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 12:14 AM

I have live in the PNW almost my entire life and love it here. You will notice, even on a visit, we have a much slower pace. Now granted the cities can get pretty busy and hectic at just about any time, but get off the beaten path...and its all gravy. I live in the sticks. Even then, if we decide to go to Portland or Seattle its a 3hr drive, and when we are going in, everyone else is going out. Its the same on the way home.

I'm not sure I could bring myself to move to anywhere other then to BC or AK.

Congrats on the new addition to the family and good luck your decision.

1979 Bronco
400 NP435 NP205
Factory 4.11's and Limited silp
on BFG AT 35's
post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-09-2016, 01:28 AM

Bronco Info: 1988 Bronco Custom, 300 4.9L, ZF5 Manual, and the rest is under construction
Garage
Any updates B-Man? Still won't be any members near me within 100 miles, but if I make a trip in any direction, there's FSB owners! So congrats on the child and get the fawk out of Cali lol
B-man likes this.

1988 Bronco Custom, 300 4.9L, ZF5 Manual, and the rest is under construction

Quote:
They're like the Chuck Norris of engines.
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-09-2016, 03:19 PM
I ♥ TTB

Bronco Info: 89 lifted a smidge
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88LiftdBronco View Post
Any updates B-Man? Still won't be any members near me within 100 miles, but if I make a trip in any direction, there's FSB owners! So congrats on the child and get the fawk out of Cali lol
I'm a lot closer than 100 miles ****
I live in LaPine and work in Bend, also there have been several peeps stop by here that live in Bend, I've seen their rigs on occasion s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncogirl89 View Post
Well try snatch next time.
-In Heaven you get love and peace.

In Hell you get to party with Pirates and Ninjas.
post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-10-2016, 12:59 AM
House of Windsor 4ever!

Bronco Info: 79 Ranchero GT/97 Eddie Bauer Exploder 5.0 AWD
Garage
My aunt and uncle lived in LaPine way back in the '70s and '80s. Never got to visit, especially when Uncle Otis died, but Aunt Karen described LaPine as "don't blink or you'll miss it."

[Silver70] In 100 years, when astronauts visit the landing site, they'll stumble upon the little FSB rover with a busted driveshaft, twisted up on a moon-rock flexing the SAS, and think, "Man... those things can go anywhere. Screw Jeep."
post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-10-2016, 02:38 PM
I ♥ TTB

Bronco Info: 89 lifted a smidge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_andy_cv64 View Post
My aunt and uncle lived in LaPine way back in the '70s and '80s. Never got to visit, especially when Uncle Otis died, but Aunt Karen described LaPine as "don't blink or you'll miss it."
Ha! Pretty accurate although it's grown up a LOT! We even got a Stoplight! (that makes 2 total) the area is a huge spread out area thought, it's crazy how many homes are actually there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncogirl89 View Post
Well try snatch next time.
-In Heaven you get love and peace.

In Hell you get to party with Pirates and Ninjas.
post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-10-2016, 09:46 PM

Bronco Info: 1988 Bronco Custom, 300 4.9L, ZF5 Manual, and the rest is under construction
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weber View Post
I'm a lot closer than 100 miles ****
I live in LaPine and work in Bend, also there have been several peeps stop by here that live in Bend, I've seen their rigs on occasion s
Hmm.. Didn't know of anyone with a FSB on here. I see them running around all day, but never a member. I'm out between Redmond and Sisters but work in Bend as well.

Quote:
post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-11-2016, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
Fullsize Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88LiftdBronco View Post
Just trying to get the house together to sell. The granddaughter is arriving around Christmas time, so, around that time I will be in the area.. Going to attempt to see some houses while up there, but, not the best time to do it. lol..

Gonna get my resume online soon and hopefully have some leads for a job so when we do move, I hope to have a job shortly after.

post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-12-2016, 11:59 PM

Garage
Well, moving is never a fun task (especially in winter) so safe travels and good luck on the house/job search!

Not too familiar with the area you're going to so I can't be much help unfortunately
B-man likes this.

Quote:

Ford Bronco Forum > Wheeling > Pacific Northwest Chapter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode