Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

New member here in Salem, or

1K views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  Bronco73IDI 
#1 ·
Just wanted to say hi. I just bought my 1995 Bronco 5.8 E40D with push button 4wd. I have a 1993 Beaten up F350 with an idi that I will swap into after this summer. The reason for my screen name.

I bought the bronco because I like them and wanted to do something with the 7.3idi reasearch shows they are more powerful then a stock 5.0 and get mid 20 mpg.

I plan on using this rig as a driver alongside my 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 12V cummins.

I have a 1993 explorer that I wheel in this great state, from quad trails in sand lake to Browns camp trails. Would like to do hoodoo area orv soon.

Jason

#2 ·
Welcome Jason!

I'm pretty sure you came to my house to pick up a d44 ttb front axle I had off a green '94 F150 I was parting out a couple years ago in my back yard. I remember your 12v 1500...the one that you shut off by dumping the clutch in gear lol.

I'm not sure if my Ranger was there or not or if I even mentioned it but this is pic of it. I finished my v8 swap with a 302, zf5, doubler 205 and have yet to thrash on it. I'd like to go wheeling with someone because I've never been on any trails.

And also, I finished my 12v Cummins swap into my '89 F350 a couple months ago.

Would love to see pics of the Bronco and Explorer

#3 ·
Yep that's me lol, I still haven't put the 44 stuff on. Life gets hectic lol. Where are you guys hosting pics to post.

#5 ·
Hopefully this works, I'm trying supermotors now. Don't care for the format, I guess it makes it easier for them to let people search.

1993 Ford Explorer pictures, photos, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

If I remember right you had the ranger but it was no where near completed. I like the pic, it looks nice and clean. Sleeperish lol. With a doubler you don't have much of a driveshaft, is that why the rear axle looks father back in the wheel well? I beat she will crawl nicely:)

I have a 1997 explorer with a 5.0 awd. How hard would that be to put in my X? I have 5.13 in the front 35 and rear 8.8 going in now and a new 10 1/8 clutch from a sohc 4.0 on the shelf.

#6 ·
Yeah it had no engine at the time when you came over...or maybe I just mentioned it? I had a 2.3 turbo out of a '88 Tbird in it for at least a year and geared it to 5.13's. Got tired of having no power in 4hi. Decided it was time for a v8.

I'm not sure why it looks like that. I used Chevy 63" springs, stock blocks, and some knock off Belltech 6400 shackles. Had to move the front hanger forward I believe about 6". The rear driveshaft is a little longer than the front. I'm using a Behemoth Drivetrain strongbox (I think he went out of business).

I don't think it would be difficult to put that 5.0 in your Explorer. I think you got the heads with more header options. Are you going to keep EFI? I did carb...but originally planned propane. Love the short 2dr Explorer. I've been thinking about getting one myself.

#7 ·
I would keep it EFI. I'm seriously thinking of it but it wouldn't happen till next winter. Plan on taking the X out this summer and fall

#8 ·

Here is the bronco. 1995 currently with 5.8 e40d. I bought it off Craigslist a couple of months ago for 1200. It was listed as non running. I looked at it on a Friday night in Vancouver and gave him 200 down. Came back with a battery and started it up. It ran on about 5 cylinders, found #8 plug fouled and 3&4 plug wires shot!!! Runs nice and smooth for the most part

On the 5.0 in ranger with TTB do you know if the block hugger headers would fit? Like Sanderson ones?

#9 ·
Wow that Bronco looks nice! Funny all it needed was a battery to start. I'm not sure if those will fit. I used Hedman 88400's. I still have the same crossmember so I can't imagine why it wouldn't fit. But generally you have to use a block hugger header to clear the steering shaft.

#10 ·
I'm going to have to look your ranger over one day. What m/m did you use?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.