Lighting Question(Hella 500 vs Procomp 130) - Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-15-2003, 05:04 AM Thread Starter

Lighting Question(Hella 500 vs Procomp 130)

First off,I would like to thank Raf for building me the front bumper.I will post some pictures of it "mock" mounted to the truck.It gave my truck a whole new appearence and it is BIG!!!!.Not to mention it looks fackin awesome!!!I'll let the pictures do the talking.

Anyways,Im on the market for some lights to mount on the bumper.I have the procomp 130 on my list because they are 8" round and in the ballpark of what i want to spend.They also give off 130W.I dont want to have too small of a light because a big truck with big bumpers and small lights doesn't look right.My other choice would be the Hella 500s.They measure 6 3/8 and have 2 Halogen H3 12V 55W bulbs.All and any info on either of these lights would be greatly appreciated.

11"Coils,3"Body lift,3.5"dropped towers,custom xmember and bumper made by davids78bronco,sky shackle flip
D70RR 4:88s,D448lug ,44s and some other stuff.
Click Here or on Image below for my Superford Page
[IMG] image too big for sig. please keep it under 150 pixels high[/IMG]]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhart
i voted for the lift, because even if it don't run, it'll look cooler sitting in your driveway lifted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-15-2003, 09:46 AM
Building gold from crap

i had a set of KC's that were 150 watt, and like 385,000 candle power, they were god damm bright, not too much money too, and you can get them with crome or black

someday............
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-15-2003, 10:10 AM
hates EVERYTHING!

Bronco Info: Jesus loves you!!! I think you're a cocksucker!
Doesn't Hella make abig light like that? If so and you gotta have big, I'd go with Hella!
My .02

P.S. Whatcha mean I got a new Raf made bumper, pics later??!!! You tease!! Post up some pics Biyatch!

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-15-2003, 10:20 AM

Bronco Info: 95 Jet Black Bronco, Linear Power, Image Dynamics, Eclipse, Iraggi Alternator, Optima, Stinger
I'm a huge hella advocate. If I was you, I'd get into their FF series. The FF1000 features a free-form reflector which has points on the reflector that direct light to where it needs to go instead of relying on the lense to do all the work. Standard parabolic reflectors like on the 500 and on the Procomp/KCs arent are bright and waste alot more light!

check out www.catalog.com/susq for nice information on Hella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze
Doesn't Hella make abig light like that? If so and you gotta have big, I'd go with Hella! My .02
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-15-2003, 01:21 PM
Master Bater

Bronco Info: 4 wheels, 4 sticks and 3 pedals
well, here is my take. hellas are about twice as much(though very nice), and how much light do you really need???? Figure, unless you are the lead vehicle, all you do is blind your buddy infront of you. if you are rock crawling or trail riding, all that much light really does is cast shadows, etc.
personally, being a penny pincher, I would go with the procomps. Cheaper, easier to get and if you smash one wheeling you dont feel as bad about it.

Stupid is as Stupid does

mostly a 94 Bronco
wt4wheeling
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-15-2003, 01:34 PM
huh

Bronco Info: Half Turd/ Half Zilla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze
P.S. Whatcha mean I got a new Raf made bumper, pics later??!!! You tease!! Post up some pics Biyatch!
Pics before some of the cleanup work. I also went back and doubled up the welding for the winch mount part of it..
http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/15-general-discussion-bronco-wheeling-related/9540-made-zillarunner-winch-bumper.html

Raf Truth Twister
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-15-2003, 02:47 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the info...The procomp lights are 39.99 for one and the hella 500s are 59.99 on ebay right now for a pair.

11"Coils,3"Body lift,3.5"dropped towers,custom xmember and bumper made by davids78bronco,sky shackle flip

Quote:
i voted for the lift, because even if it don't run, it'll look cooler sitting in your driveway lifted.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-15-2003, 02:51 PM

Bronco Info: 95 Jet Black Bronco, Linear Power, Image Dynamics, Eclipse, Iraggi Alternator, Optima, Stinger
that 59.99 probably is a kit that includes a wiring harness, relay, switch, covers, and 2 lights...sounds like a pretty good deal to me.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-15-2003, 03:34 PM
WES
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE

i would stick with either hella or piaa. you pay for quality, the pro comps im sure arent near as good of quality of lights as the other two i mentioned. just my 2 cents

wes

Texas Tech University Class of 2008

ttkid524@yahoo.com
AIM: westtexasfarm
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-15-2003, 04:13 PM
Lurker

I have the Hella 500s. The lighting was fine with the 55w bulbs, but I swapped in some 100w bulbs I got off ebay for cheap. It is much brighter and much whiter.

Though I like the light they give off, the plastic housing that holds the lense are cheap and the way that the lense is held to the housing is crap.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-15-2003, 09:57 PM Thread Starter

Well,
I got an early christmas present...A Pair Hella 500s shipped for under 70 bux.

Quote:
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-16-2003, 01:01 AM
Master Bater

Bronco Info: 4 wheels, 4 sticks and 3 pedals
I have the 500's too. replaced the bulbs for hotter, and it started melting the plastic. Be careful if you do swap. i think I tried like 150 watt, and then bumped to 100 watt and they have been fine. nothing spectacular. i will go to the procomp 130's soon

Stupid is as Stupid does

mostly a 94 Bronco
wt4wheeling

Ford Bronco Forum > Other Forums > General Discussion/ Bronco and Wheeling related.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode