well it was a long weekend, but i got my bronco out the door under its own power, its not road ready yet but its under its own power, the list of what i did is too long to type but the list of stuff i need to do is not so over whelming now,
i need to bleed the clutch again, install bumpers, put my dash back together, but the huge plus is that i finally got to drive it today
the last few weekends ive been slowed down on my project helping a buddy work on his in the same bay as my project... will never do that agian! he has been helping me through this whole process but he is a puddy buddy. he has learned alot about owning an older vehicle. he has an 73-85 chevy, he rolled it when he was 17. brought it here (to nantucket) with a new cab, no bed, before he rolled it he put a 350 in it , swapped in a sm465 trans mated to a np205. about 6 months ago he locked up the rear end (pin fell out after the keeper bolt sheared off while driving and shut the whole motor down in a sudden jolt) we found him some 3/4 ton 8 lugs instead of rebuilding his old axles he had some stupid chevy gear ratio. so every thing was fine he bough new bed sides put them on painted it , installed his own 6" lift kit, bought 35's to put on it. so heres where it all snowballed to hell
2 weeks ago he was helpin me out he wanted to put on his new rims and tires so i said pull it in. he got the wrong lugnuts, so we were leaving and he called me and said he blew up his tranny so we towed him back to the shop and called it a night, so that weekend we pulled the trans and it was fine we pulled the bell housing and found the center of the clutch had stripped out
well while he waited for a clutch to ship he pulled his oil pan and found a drip of coolant running down the inside of the block.
so he ordered an intake/ head gasket set... well now this friday night we pulled the intake and heads off, found the failed gasket. while he was cleaning it up i was looking over the heads and found his number 7 valve peaned over and the rocker destroyed
couldnt source a set of heads of another engine this week end but it really slowed my progress down. but its almost done