My $50 Warn Winch questions - Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 10:15 AM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: (MISTRESS) 92 . 302, e4od, WARN 8074, SAS 4" , 34" Swampers, Narrowed Front&Rear, Locked out back
My $50 Warn Winch questions

Well my 50 dollar gamble paid off lol thanks hefty... Just brought my fifty dollar winch home hooked up to a set of jumper cables and she worked great I'm stoked ... Does any body have any info on this winch or have a good source for info. the data tag says warn 8074 on top. part num 8375. serial number73431 and a date code. br7. I'm pretty positive its a 8074 very similar to the 8274 but only power in and out. another question is that all the info I can find shows the cases to split in half down the center verticly and this unit the top half splits away from the bottom half oppuisuite of everything I've seen online.... Any help or links would be great
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 04:35 PM

I would turn around and sell it on craigslist and buy a newer one. If you put all that weight of the front, you might have to get bigger springs. Are you going to get a hefty bumper to put it on.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: (MISTRESS) 92 . 302, e4od, WARN 8074, SAS 4" , 34" Swampers, Narrowed Front&Rear, Locked out back
No way man everybody that runs these winches absolutely loves them and the newest versions. are the warn badboys round 1000 bucks. The one I got is the same as the new ones all the parts are interchangable and its looks brand new inside.and running strong as ever I doubt a series wound winch could even come close to that
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 09:24 PM
Need a Bumper?

Bronco Info: 93 Bronco 7in SAS 38's 4.56 and rear detroit front e-locker, 72 bronco under construction
Zach you know that Pretender is Jared and he's just giving you a hard time?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 10:30 PM

Bronco Info: 88' f150
U may have one that came out on jeep renegades, they were in the split year for the case and also switching over to the 8274 a few years later. Is it missing any badges or plates that were on the motor? If it's a jeep series they are very sought after by fanatic jeep collectors, check into it more u may have a nice piece of history.

88' f150 5.0 c-6 trans conversion 6' skyjacker full kit extended rad. arms 38.5 tsl's on eaton beed locks, currently with 8.8, 44ttb, 4:56 detroits front-rear. in the build stages Dana 60 hp 4:88 arb front 14 bolt spooled rear with custom three link and full hydro steering. 1356\1356 doubler on the list.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 01:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Zach you know that Pretender is Jared and he's just giving you a hard time?
Yeah i know it was jared lol i was giving him a hard time in another thread

Ford Bronco Forum > Other Forums > General Discussion/ Bronco and Wheeling related.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode