- 10/2008, no rust on body.
- 02/2010, good condition a tiny bit of oil on plugs. Gapped to .045.
Fuel filter changed
- 02/2010, did not need change tool.
- 02/2010, looks good. Filter done.
- 02/2010, through intake and oil. Minor smoke.
- 02/2010, to clear out seafoam. Done after fifty miles. Oil was milky. Filter done.
Air filter cleaned
- 02/2010, looked great. Oil breather filter replaced.
- 02/2010, very dirty. Gasket replaced. Seems to have fixed stalling issue at idle.
- 03/2010, wouldn't keep charge. Replaced with dynolast?
Battery + cable replaced
- 03/2010, heavily corroded, replaced with cheapo cable from NAPA.
PCV valve checked
- 03/2010, working.
Rubber brake lines replaced
- 03/2010, replaced leaking rubber lines with extended stainless. Should be long enough for a 6" lift - need to verify.
Rear drums checked
- 03/2010, decent condition, no glazing or gouging, thick pads.
Russell speed bleeders installed
- 03/2010, all four wheels.
Master cylinder replaced
- 06/2010, corrected spongy pedal issue. Created heavy pull to left when braking.
Brake pushrod extended
- 06/2010, firmer brakes, even heavier pull to left.
Hawk SD brake pads installed
- 07/2010, brakes are now perfect, no pull to left. Rotors looked good, no gouging or glazing.
EGR cleaned and tested
- 07/2010, not too dirty. Operation was fine. Gasket replaced.
EVR-EGR vacuum line fixed
- 07/2010, ghetto fix didn't work enough. Fixed with stiff vacuum line coupling.
License plate lamps and lamps holders replaced
- 07/2010, lamps are now lit properly.
Dash, dash pad, and bezels replaced
- 08/2010, still need pad cover.
Light and windshield wiper knobs replaced
- 08/2010, yeah, it's minor. Bite me.
Battery + cable replaced (again)
- 08/2010, old cheapo was loose, replaced with another cheapo.
I gots no monies.
Fix window motors
- 08/2010, both sides, one motor had broken plastic gear, other had broken uh... "nuggets". Replaced plastic gear on both, put in 1/4" nuts instead of nuggets. Cleaned and repacked with lithium grease. Passenger side was pretty corroded. Seems much slower/weaker after rebuild.
Replace window seals
- 08/2010, both sides. Had to glue the inner strips in since there is no plastic interior. Gorilla glue worked fine.
Install strap mounts in bed
- 08/2010, Picked eight up from a couple Explorers.
Primered and painted ash tray
- 08/2010, another minor detail. suck it.
- 09/2010, 3", Bassani Y, one cat (Magnaflow 38019), muffler, and M3001 tailpipe installed.
- 12/2010, All voltages were good. Old EVP wasn't applying correct resistance.
Vacuum Lines Replaced
- 12/2010, Most lines were replaced. Went through everything with propane, didn't get any change in idle speed. Update 04/26/11: Lines were crap - replaced again with soft rubber, propane tested OK.
- 08/2011, All tires replaced with BFG KM2's, upgraded to 33 10.5 R15. $932.
Replace the tailgate
- 09/2011, primered and painted.
Replace all belts
- 09/2011, Napa basics. All greased, broken in, retensioned. No squeals.
Upgrade Power Steering Pump
- 09/2011, replaced with a brand new Saginaw. Pump, pulley, and bracket from an '84 E150. E150 bracket needed to be spaced away from the block. New E150 pressure line installed. Generic cap bought from Autozone.
Install front tow hooks
- 09/2011, Painted, drilled the sway bar mounts bigger and installed there. From an F350.
Replace brake booster
- 09/2011, Napa unit.
Install hitch shackle mount and large shackle
- 10/2011, Smittybuilt on from autozone, $20.
- 10/2011, painted to match tow hooks.
Install stock spare carrier
- 10/2011, decided not to paint until I can powder coat it. $25.
- 10/2011, didn't have any fuel smell on vac side, and the fuel pressure behaved as it should have when the vac was removed, but replaced it just in case.
Cleaned Throttle Body
- 11/2011, DIRTY.
- 11/2011, bit dirty, still good movement.
Replaced Spark Plugs
- 11/2011, motorcraft coppers, old plugs looked great. Front on driver's side looked older than the others.
Cleaned & oiled air filter
Replaced BOTH fuel filters
- 11/2011, low pressure one looked pretty bad.
Repair/Replace Gear Indicator Line
- Took line from an F250. Works great.
- 12/2011, went fine, ran new line to brake booster and PCV.
Replace air bypass valve on smog system
- 12/2011, Used aftermarket part from rockauto. Old one wouldn't hold vacuum at all. Checked both check valves too, both seem operable - can blow one direction but not other. No rust.
- 03/2012, new motorcraft unit.
Tested ECT, came out perfect.
Tested IAC, came out perfect.
Checked for vac leaks, small leak found and corrected. Used carb cleaner on everything, no change.
Installed new horn, new terminals.
Tested Fuel Pressure.
- 05/2012, 18 KOER, 33 KOER idle@1100, 1-2 psi variation when throttle blipped/dropped, 40psi at idle with FPR vac removed. Driven seemed the same, but couldn't tell for sure.
Changed oil and filter
- 05/2012, Mobil 1 Synthetic and Motorcraft filter.
- 05/2012, Motorcraft unit, seems to have a little more pep.
Battery cable and box upgrade
- 05/2012, Starter and Alt cables were not touched.
Removed tail pipe, installed turn down
- 05/2012, added second hanger to reduce resonating.
Installed fire extinguisher
Replaced all striker bushings
- 05/2012, cut piece of heater hose. UPDATE 06/2012, hose pieces fell off. Replaced with Dorman bushings, fit is better.
Replaced starter solenoid
- 06/2012, replaced with motorcraft unit.
Replaced both thermactor system check valves
- 07/2012, replaced with motorcraft units. Used Flexpro silicone high heat hose to make connections. Also replaced cat air tube hose just for consistency.
Replaced upper intake gasket, IAC gasket, TB gasket, and reseated injectors
- 11/2012, All Fel-Pro, very very little smear of RTV used for plenum gasket (necessary), others dry. Oiled injectors, everything went together smoothly. Pulled battery for an hour before starting.
- 01/2012, See later in thread.
Installed offroad lights
- 03/2013, used HF long range lights, Radio Shack relays, ORW switches and fuse block.
Oil & Filter Change - 03/2013, Valvoline full synthetic and Motorcraft filter. Only got ~4 qts out. Added 6.
Replaced in-tank fuel pump
- 03/2013, PFP unit from o'Reilly's. Replaced lock ring o-ring and filter sock. Gas gauge works great now.
Replace interior door panels
- 05/2013, Sheet metal.
Upgrade injectors to explorer
- 05/2013, work perfect.
Install KO 12v terminal block
- 08/2103, Seen here, check comments for upgrades.
Replaced inline fuel pump
- 09/2103, PFP unit from o'Reily's.
Bled Brakes (not MC)
Remove trim, fill holes
- 11/2013, Used 3m liquid metal - works great!! In over a year, can't tell where it was done.
Fuel tank access panel
- DIY fiberglass panel molded from original panel.
- 11/2013, Stripped with B12, waxed and happy.
- 11/2013, used this unit
. Ran new wiring, relay, and waterproof button off the KO12v block.
Replaced Master Cylinder and Rear Wheel Cylinders
- 11/2013, All Bendix parts. Suspect failure of old MC.