What did you do to your bronco today? - Page 725 - Ford Bronco Forum
 2960Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #14481 of 14526 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 07:31 PM
MidlifeCrisisUndrWay

Bronco Info: '94 Bronco, 4" lift with front Air Lift/TRE Flip Upgrade/rebuilt E4OD (To PS specs)/33" BFGs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by miesk5 View Post
Yo John,
That was @ Nav Hospital, Subic Bay After we left.
btw, I was on the pre-award survey team for the hospital ships, USNS Mercy & USNS Comfort. They were converted from San Clemente-class supertankers. Who wadda thunk that woukd ever happen?
I spent a month at the Naval Hospital on Guam.

And then another six months at Balboa Naval Hospital in San Diego.

Peritonitis is a mean mofo even in today's super-advanced medical world, let alone having it in the Summer of 1980.

μολὼν λαβέ

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14482 of 14526 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 10:30 PM

Bronco Info: 1990 XL
Garage
Changed the rear diff fluid. Also I went ahead bought a new steering wheel cover. Put a sweet little rip at the bottom trying to put it on, because why not.
post #14483 of 14526 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 09:54 AM

Bronco Info: 96 Bronco XL 5.0 E4OD, Man Xfer/Hubs
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDA 455 View Post
I spent a month at the Naval Hospital on Guam.
And then another six months at Balboa Naval Hospital in San Diego.
Peritonitis is a mean mofo even in today's super-advanced medical world, let alone having it in the Summer of 1980.
Yo,
I was in Balboa in 67. Was in a WW II "temporary wing" next to the zoo. Then was in Philly NAVHOSP for 5 months in 71. Had great wheel chair races!

See my partially recovered Bronco web site ...Will need to clean up dead links & add many more new links some day. Thanks to Mr. Schwim!
THANKS to ALL WHO SERVE!
post #14484 of 14526 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 10:02 AM
MidlifeCrisisUndrWay

Bronco Info: '94 Bronco, 4" lift with front Air Lift/TRE Flip Upgrade/rebuilt E4OD (To PS specs)/33" BFGs.
Quote:
Yo,
I was in Balboa in 67. Was in a WW II "temporary wing" next to the zoo. Then was in Philly NAVHOSP for 5 months in 71. Had great wheel chair races!
Wow; so you're either a nurse, corpsman, or a doctor.

Or a sailor who gets injured or sick all the time .

They tore down Balboa but left the Admin and church buildings standing.

Then built the new Balboa around it.

μολὼν λαβέ

post #14485 of 14526 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 11:37 AM

Bronco Info: 96 Bronco XL 5.0 E4OD, Man Xfer/Hubs
Garage
Quote:
Wow; so you're either a nurse, corpsman, or a doctor.
Or a sailor who gets injured or sick all the time .
Yes, injury here, injury there, non-stop

They tore down Balboa but left the Admin and church buildings standing.
IMy memory is lapsing, but I be,ieve the ward was next to the monkey cages. Coukd see them trhough the trees. Strange to awake & that scene!
Then built the new Balboa around it.
Thanks again!
A few years later I stayed at the Y on Broadwayh. Was convenient and close to a good sandwich shop that made Philly style hoagies. Bradleys on 4th below Broadway was good as well.
In summary , I "visited the same hospitals as my dad did in WW II.

See my partially recovered Bronco web site ...Will need to clean up dead links & add many more new links some day. Thanks to Mr. Schwim!
THANKS to ALL WHO SERVE!
post #14486 of 14526 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 05:50 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 92 Factory Original 300 I6 M5OD Manual Custom. 3 seats, AC and a radio and all vinyl interior.
Garage
Quote:
Yo,
I did my Races at Lejuene while they put me back together. I did a world wind stay beginning in Germany, I think it was Ramstien AFB. Never really sure since I was not quite with it during that time. Then went to Bethesda for a couple of months to get stabilized and begin putting me back together, then spent the nest few months back home at Lejeune where they finished rebuilding me.It was 4 months before they let me actually sit up in bed and another before I could get around in a wheel chair. I really didn't do too much racing but I did give a few night shift nurses and other Corpsman wheel chair rides "After Hours".
miesk5 likes this.

JTMcD.
We sleep Peaceful in our beds because Rough Men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm............George Orwell
The object of life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, 'Holy Shit, What a Ride!!! -- Mavis Leyrer

MY A/C Vacuum leak repair http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/23-technical-write-ups/175808-how-i-fixed-my-c-vac-leak.html
post #14487 of 14526 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 06:00 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 92 Factory Original 300 I6 M5OD Manual Custom. 3 seats, AC and a radio and all vinyl interior.
Garage
Welp. Picked up the Bronco from the Transmission shop today and really pissed off the owner by the time we finished our "discussion".

Walked in and said I was there to pick it up, but we needed to talk first. I told him I didn't have the "warm Fuzzies" about everything that's happened since I brought it in. I told him he was taking more than what we'd agreed to off the bill and showed him a copy of the Bartow Ford receipt for the parts that "Didn't exist anymore". I told him that because of that, I needed to see the old Rear Main Seal that was replaced and that I was taking the Bronco to another shop to have them look at it to verify if the work was done properly and what I would do if it turns out it wasn't. He said it was thrown away. I told him to look at the original contract to do the work and at the top it say "SAVE ALL OLD PARTS". No Parts, No payment because that's the only way I have proof that he did the work he promised. He agreed not to charge me for the RMS job and take off the OEM parts price. He demanded cash only, I told him he would take my card or nothing. We went back and forth a bit until I asked him if he was refusing payment as he clearly stated on his business and that he would either take my card or write off the whole ticket. Those were his only 2 options.

He finally saw it my way.

Bronco is back home where it belongs.

JTMcD.
We sleep Peaceful in our beds because Rough Men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm............George Orwell
The object of life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, 'Holy Shit, What a Ride!!! -- Mavis Leyrer

MY A/C Vacuum leak repair http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175808
post #14488 of 14526 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 06:55 PM
MidlifeCrisisUndrWay

The Bilstein 5100 front shocks arrived today .

Dumb query, though:
What are the two different colored sleeves for?

I thought they were spacers but when I slipped one over the upper shaft I noticed there was no room for the locknut after sliding on the rubber bumper/washers .

If I use one rubber bumper and both washers, the locknut would fit fine.

Anybody know?

μολὼν λαβέ

post #14489 of 14526 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 07:08 PM

Bronco Info: 1990 Eddie bauer 302. Bought dead. Runs better n better.
Garage
Finished my wiring harness today. Pics and deets on FOTM, in a minute, gotta look at a used F150 a guy bought here over the weekend and see what I can do to help.

'90 Eddie Bauer 302 5.0 >250k, class E, Stock wheels (if it ain't broke...) rebuilt under hood (oem). HD rotors. R-134A conversion. Flowmaster and 3" single chamber. Custom fishing pole rack. 145k '96 e4oD upgrade. 33" BFG A/T. Modern Am/FM/Bt/CD/USB. 1500w amp/ sub combo. Custom Roof rack. Check out my build thread...
post #14490 of 14526 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 07:22 PM
Harley's & Bronco's FTW!

Bronco Info: '95 XLT, 5.8/E4OD/MassAir/6" lift/4.56's/35x12.5 BFG AT-KO2
Garage
Quote:
The Bilstein 5100 front shocks arrived today .

Dumb query, though:
What are the two different colored sleeves for?

I thought they were spacers but when I slipped one over the upper shaft I noticed there was no room for the locknut after sliding on the rubber bumper/washers .

If I use one rubber bumper and both washers, the locknut would fit fine.

Anybody know?
I have no idea... but I have 6 of those shocks, boxed up and waiting for install when i drop the rig, so please share when/if you figure it out.
445 FE Bronco and CDA 455 like this.

"When life throws you a curve... LEAN INTO IT!"

SuperMotors - Since 2002
post #14491 of 14526 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 08:40 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1988 5.0L E/B AOD, bone stock+ 1993 5.8L E/B, E4OD, 4"lift with 33's
I drove the 88 home from work in a flippin SNOW STORM!! It was 75* yesterday and we get this shit today! I put the window scrapers from both Bronco's in the house last weekend. I get home and had to grab a scraper and clean 4" of that shit off the 93! It's still coming down big, but it's melting right away. Almost another record for the latest snow here. Just when you figure the shit is over...........
BikerPepe` and 445 FE Bronco like this.
post #14492 of 14526 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 08:52 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1988 5.0L E/B AOD, bone stock+ 1993 5.8L E/B, E4OD, 4"lift with 33's
On another note. I ordered new power mirrors for the 93 last weekend from Rock Auto. I wasn't sure I ordered the right ones as their website is a bit tricky to figure out. I needed the chrome/ power mirrors, but the description was very vague and didn't mention the chrome and the picture did. I needed to replace the drivers side mirror because it was bouncing because the support bracket had broken and the chrome was peeling off both of em. They showed up at work today and look amazing! No pics because I left them there. I wasn't gonna haul anything but my ass to the Bronco in a goddamn Snow Storm! I'll post pics later when I get em home...
BikerPepe` and 445 FE Bronco like this.
post #14493 of 14526 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 10:50 PM

Bronco Info: 1981 Bronco, 4.9L, T18, NP208
Couldn't work in it for a few days, but last night and today did some more sanding.
445 FE Bronco likes this.
post #14494 of 14526 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmad01 View Post
On another note. I ordered new power mirrors for the 93 last weekend from Rock Auto. I wasn't sure I ordered the right ones as their website is a bit tricky to figure out. I needed the chrome/ power mirrors, but the description was very vague and didn't mention the chrome and the picture did. I needed to replace the drivers side mirror because it was bouncing because the support bracket had broken and the chrome was peeling off both of em. They showed up at work today and look amazing! No pics because I left them there. I wasn't gonna haul anything but my ass to the Bronco in a goddamn Snow Storm! I'll post pics later when I get em home...
Taking the morning off for the funeral.

On the lighter side: Don't ya just love that GlobalWarmingGlobalCoolingClimateChangeExpialidosh us!!!

Sorry, bad joke- But someone was bound to say it. So it might as well be me.

Planning on for the weekend however: Pulling the front end apart a bit and seeing how bad a job the last owner did on his hub installation.....

Ya'll have a great day today!

S-
445 FE Bronco likes this.

1994 Ford Bronco XLT
5.8 Auto
Basket Case.
2001 VW Beetle
Daily Driver for now.
post #14495 of 14526 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 12:30 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1978 Round headlight, 351M,C6, 9", 44/1991, 445 FE, t19, 205, Dana 60/70, MAF, Moet's
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerPepe` View Post
I have no idea... but I have 6 of those shocks, boxed up and waiting for install when i drop the rig, so please share when/if you figure it out.
Sometimes urathane is hard to squish down to catch the first thread on the shaft, try warming them up is some boiling water. That should soften them up enough to compress the bushings.
BikerPepe` and White Dragon like this.
post #14496 of 14526 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 02:51 PM

Bronco Info: 1990 Eddie bauer 302. Bought dead. Runs better n better.
Garage
Finished my light show last night. See pics in FOTM. I'll be doing some finishing touches on lunch today with drill and more zip ties (I need a switch panel, but no time this week or weekend to make one). I'll also be mounting the "trail cam" phone holder today with same drill and stuff. Vote for me for FOTM.

'90 Eddie Bauer 302 5.0 >250k, class E, Stock wheels (if it ain't broke...) rebuilt under hood (oem). HD rotors. R-134A conversion. Flowmaster and 3" single chamber. Custom fishing pole rack. 145k '96 e4oD upgrade. 33" BFG A/T. Modern Am/FM/Bt/CD/USB. 1500w amp/ sub combo. Custom Roof rack. Check out my build thread...
post #14497 of 14526 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 02:53 PM
MidlifeCrisisUndrWay

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerPepe` View Post
Our prayers have been answered :

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen92bronco
The little black spacer is for another application and doesn't apply to our Broncos. Just ignore it and move on.
It should be the exact same setup as your previous shocks...the two rubber insulators surrounded by the metal caps.
BikerPepe` likes this.

μολὼν λαβέ

post #14498 of 14526 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 10:55 PM
Fullsize Member

Here the replacement power mirrors I got for the 93 from Rock Auto yesterday. I did a side by side comparison to the ones on the truck as I brought em in. They are identical! Price? $58.57/shipped for both! Don't know where they were made, but they did a quality job! I was looking for outer door handles @ R/A also, but couldn't find them. LMC has em for about $40.00/ea. Those are on the list. Sorry for the crappy phone pics...

Shiny side!

other shiny side!
BikerPepe` and CDA 455 like this.
post #14499 of 14526 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 12:07 AM

Bronco Info: 1981 4 inch lift w/35s. Built 300/T-19. Sliding Windows. Front&Rear Bumpers. Rock Sliders. Dual Batt
Garage
I have always thought about getting racks since I owned my first bronco since I am constantly surfing, kayak fishing, etc.. plus I kinda like the look. I've driven past this small pawn shop called "Grandma's Attic" everyday for 3 years and finally stopped by. I saw a pair of Thule racks with a $10 sticker on them and could not pass them up. Perfect width!
post #14500 of 14526 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 01:22 AM
Fullsize Member

I bit the bullet and ordered new door handles from LMC. It's too bad I couldn't find them at Rock Auto. They cost about twice what I paid for the new mirrors! Oh well...

Ford Bronco Forum > Other Forums > General Discussion/ Bronco and Wheeling related.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode