Ewgoetz's 1996 EB Build-up II - Page 2 - Ford Bronco Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 461 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1996 EB Bronco 5.8, E4OD, BW1356 Transfercase, 6 inch BDS Lift w/Procomp Leafs, 200,010Miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeizhard102205 View Post
so are you swapping over parts from the old bronco to the new one? if you find yourself wanting to sell your hydroboost setup let me know.
Yes will be swapping parts, nope won't be selling the booster system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95bronco12 View Post
Sweet rig man need to ditch that body lift quick or raise those bumpers!!
That's the plan ATM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModularMach1 View Post
Nice looking ride! Love those weld wheels.
I'm not really a fan of the wheels or the tires. Planing to put on my old ones soon. Not sure if I'm gonna sell the ones on it now or keep them to swap over for when I wana go wheeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetBent4x4 View Post
So will you be offering up your wrecked bronco for salvage auction value to fsb..whole? lol
Maybe after I finish swapping over parts to my new rig. Lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 461 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1996 EB Bronco 5.8, E4OD, BW1356 Transfercase, 6 inch BDS Lift w/Procomp Leafs, 200,010Miles
Didnt get around to doing anything yet to the New Bko. Moved my trailer and sprayed the New Bko's engine bay with WD40. Than went to Advanced Discount auto and got a bunch of supplies to change out all the fluids and other maintainance Items on the New Bko.
New Bko next to Old one.

post #23 of 461 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012, 04:47 PM

Bronco Info: 1988 Bronco Custom, 300 4.9L, ZF5 Manual, and the rest is under construction
Garage
damn... i like em both

1988 Bronco Custom, 300 4.9L, ZF5 Manual, and the rest is under construction

Quote:
They're like the Chuck Norris of engines.
post #24 of 461 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 01:42 AM Thread Starter
FSM Lifetime

Got home tonight and hosed off the engine bay than sprayed it with simple green and rinsed that off.
Poured radiator flush in the cooling system. I'll be draining out and flushing the cooling system tomorrow.
Poured a bottle of sea foam into the engine and a bottle into the intake. Let it sit and for a bit and started it up. Good thing it was dark and foggy in my area so the large amount of white smoke didn't freak anyone out in my neighborhood.
post #25 of 461 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 04:28 AM

Bronco Info: '96, 5.8, 4.56, 4", 35's, Thorleys, Warn 8274, 5100's, 160 3G, Sag, 10.25, E-fan, Projectors, 8-Lug
I don't get it. What's wrong with the other Bronco other than the bent (LR) bumper end. I obviously missed the story and mostly remember the roll-bar and linex install....gotta get on this site more often. School + Work ='s No Spare Time! -Kevin-

DON'T GIVE UP PUSH THE PEDAL ON THE RIGHT JUST A LITTLE BIT HARDER DNBELOWBRONCO www.supermotors.net/17883

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind" -Dr. Seuss-
post #26 of 461 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 04:32 AM Thread Starter
FSM Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNBELOWBRONCO View Post
I don't get it. What's wrong with the other Bronco other than the bent (LR) bumper end. I obviously missed the story and mostly remember the roll-bar and linex install....gotta get on this site more often. School + Work ='s No Spare Time! -Kevin-
The drivers side frame rail was pushed forward about 1/4 to half a inch. It had a crumple to the rear of the frame and in the wheel well area it was slightly twisted. So the insurance companies want to total it cause the repair is gonna cost more than 80% of the value of the truck that they are coming up with. If you drive behind the old one it will look like its going down the road sideways.
post #27 of 461 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 05:35 AM

Bronco Info: '96, 5.8, 4.56, 4", 35's, Thorleys, Warn 8274, 5100's, 160 3G, Sag, 10.25, E-fan, Projectors, 8-Lug
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewgoetz View Post
The drivers side frame rail was pushed forward about 1/4 to half a inch. It had a crumple to the rear of the frame and in the wheel well area it was slightly twisted. So the insurance companies want to total it cause the repair is gonna cost more than 80% of the value of the truck that they are coming up with. If you drive behind the old one it will look like its going down the road sideways.
Aw man that sucks, I'm sorry to hear that. You know it blows the way insurance pays next to nothing in a claim. I've been with Progressive and my agent said a high payoff for a '96 Bronco if I remember was like $4200 a mid was $3100 but I do remember the low was $2200. I couldn't believe it! She told me about a company called "Hagerty" and they insure classics. I talked to the guy and he was really honest and cool. Basically, you just fill out a list from a sheet they fax you listing what you have on the vehicle and they come up with a fair market value for the accessories and you send them four pictures and if there is a claim you can take it wherever you want or repair it yourself. It has to be a vehicle you don't specifically use as a daily driver (or you drive another vehicle mostly) and it has to be garaged for safety (night-time) and it can't be a wheeler (meaning wheeled off-road). Pretty much have to be careful on that last one. The problem I ran into is mine, as of now, is too new because he thought I said '86 which would have been covered, but he said check back because the age criteria changes all the time! This would definitely be good for guys here who don't wheel their trucks and have them loaded with extras and want to be covered above and beyond in an accident or if it was stolen. -Kevin-

http://www.hagerty.com/Collector-car...FW-CQgod0UwA7Q

DON'T GIVE UP PUSH THE PEDAL ON THE RIGHT JUST A LITTLE BIT HARDER DNBELOWBRONCO www.supermotors.net/17883

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind" -Dr. Seuss-
post #28 of 461 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 05:58 AM

So that's a 6" suspension with a 3" body running on 37's? Do you notice a huge difference getting in compared to the 4" lift and would the removal of the body lift make it a lot easier or not? Your side view pictures at the gas station make it look tough to get into. I like the higher stance and the wheel well clearance but just don't like body lifts. Longer bolts, everything extended like steering, gas filler pipe, etc. Plus, the bumper gaps and even cooling issues. Boy I tell you 8 mpg is hard to swallow especially with today's prices. Are the gears still 3.55's or did the trooper have them changed for the 37's? You'll need at least 4.88's and 5.13's would be better but your millage sucks already and you need to be careful with the E4OD for now if it is stock. I have 35's and 4.56's and sort of wish I went with 4.88's for a little more punch! Either way it will look great with your soft-top and roll-bar installed, Congrats!! -Kevin-

post #29 of 461 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 06:36 AM Thread Starter
FSM Lifetime

Quote:
So that's a 6" suspension with a 3" body running on 37's? Do you notice a huge difference getting in compared to the 4" lift and would the removal of the body lift make it a lot easier or not? -
Yes I noticed a big difference getting in and out of it.
I think it would make it easier to get in and out with out the body lift, but I also want to go to 35's as well.
post #30 of 461 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 03:26 PM

Oh, I missed the post where you said you were ditching the body lift and putting your 33's on till they're toast then putting the 35's on. Either way, personally it's good to see you're getting rid of the body lift. To tell you the truth I would have a blast swapping one truck to another. It's kind of like having a free gift card to 4Wheel parts and buying everything you've always wanted to put on your ride. Hey I was showing my wife the pictures and she saw the part about the WD40 and the Simple Green. What is that for? Does the WD40 dissolve the grease and help it slide off? I use Simple Green all the time painting, it works wonders to eliminate 2/3rd's of all touch-ups, and on some engine parts, so I'm guessing it's just to clean everything off after the WD40 does it's trick? I've used WD40 to remove stickers, paint, and tons of other things and saw a show on TV that told the history and it was really informative but I never thought to spray it all over my engine compartment to spruce it up, always thought it would look too greasy.... -Kevin-

post #31 of 461 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewgoetz View Post
Yes I noticed a big difference getting in and out of it.
I think it would make it easier to get in and out with out the body lift, but I also want to go to 35's as well.
I don't have the fitment list in front of me but IIRC you can run 37's on a 6" lift with minimal rubbing and really if needed you could swap down to a 1" body lift, while you remove the 3", just to tighten up all the bushings. If you can afford to I'd keep the 37's like you said for wheeling. Hey if you can, post up some pics when you do the cage swap. I won't be doing one for quite a while but love the look of yours... -Kevin-

post #32 of 461 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
FSM Lifetime

Quote:
Oh, I missed the post where you said you were ditching the body lift and putting your 33's on till they're toast then putting the 35's on. Either way, personally it's good to see you're getting rid of the body lift. To tell you the truth I would have a blast swapping one truck to another. It's kind of like having a free gift card to 4Wheel parts and buying everything you've always wanted to put on your ride. Hey I was showing my wife the pictures and she saw the part about the WD40 and the Simple Green. What is that for? Does the WD40 dissolve the grease and help it slide off? I use Simple Green all the time painting, it works wonders to eliminate 2/3rd's of all touch-ups, and on some engine parts, so I'm guessing it's just to clean everything off after the WD40 does it's trick? I've used WD40 to remove stickers, paint, and tons of other things and saw a show on TV that told the history and it was really informative but I never thought to spray it all over my engine compartment to spruce it up, always thought it would look too greasy.... -Kevin-
For the wd40 thing, it loosens up the caked on grease and makes it easier to come off. Also when you go to the used car dealers and they open up the hood and everything is all shiny and new looking..... It's cause they sprayed everything with wd40.

Quote:
I don't have the fitment list in front of me but IIRC you can run 37's on a 6" lift with minimal rubbing and really if needed you could swap down to a 1" body lift, while you remove the 3", just to tighten up all the bushings. If you can afford to I'd keep the 37's like you said for wheeling. Hey if you can, post up some pics when you do the cage swap. I won't be doing one for quite a while but love the look of yours... -Kevin-
In gonna be posting everything I do or swap to the new rig.
post #33 of 461 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
FSM Lifetime

Changed the wiper blades.
Finished doing the oil change today.
Drained the trany fluid, changed the fluid and added a drain plug to the pan.
The drain plug is the same as the oil pan plug.

post #34 of 461 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 06:44 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: Brick Nose on 15x10s/32s with leveling coils
lol most people use degreaser and dressing on engine bays. Plus wd40 marks plastics.
post #35 of 461 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
FSM Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetBent4x4 View Post
lol most people use degreaser and dressing on engine bays. Plus wd40 marks plastics.
Some degreasers wear out stickers like the specs of the engine or emission stickers.
Dressings are pretty similar to wd40.
I've never seen wd40 mark plastics yet.
post #36 of 461 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 12:49 AM
Banned

Bronco Info: '83 VIN & title on '93 frame/body w/'95 4.9L & EB paint
The penetrating oil in it will attack some plastics & rubber. And the paraffin gums shit up. Why would you want your truck to look like something on a used car lot? Clean & dry is better for everything.
post #37 of 461 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 07:00 AM Thread Starter
FSM Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve83 View Post
The penetrating oil in it will attack some plastics & rubber. And the paraffin gums shit up. Why would you want your truck to look like something on a used car lot? Clean & dry is better for everything.
Cause I found it helps it clean everything up faster.
post #38 of 461 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
FSM Lifetime

My nephew came over after school and gave me a hand with my truck again. Put on a bully step to get into the bko and flushed the cooling system.

So nice to have a willing nephew to come over and do manual labor to my truck for me, also a good learning experience for him. As he's doing the work I'm teaching him about the systems.

So when are they gonna have the medical nano bots ready and safe to work on people? Been frigin aching a lot lately. Also a few more headaches than usual....
post #39 of 461 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 01:25 AM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: Brick Nose on 15x10s/32s with leveling coils
http://www.autodetailingsolutions.net/d17032.html Use your favorite degreaser. Some light grease lightning, I personally use the megs stuff. 3D supposely makes a good product too.
post #40 of 461 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 09:46 AM

Bronco Info: 77 F250, 79 Bronco, 95, Bronco, 96 Bronco, 13 HD Dyna
I really like those tires and wheels if ya decide ya wanna part with them, good lookin ride

Can one ever have enough Fords? I think not!

Ford Bronco Forum > Other Forums > General Discussion/ Bronco and Wheeling related.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode