Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Ewgoetz's 1996 EB Build-up II

81K views 421 replies 67 participants last post by  Ewgoetz 
#1 · (Edited)
Picked up a new one to replace my old baby. Think this one is about equal condition to mine. Came with a 6 inch suspension lift, 3 inch body lift and 37 inch tires. Front seats are riped up and needs some very very minor body work. Rear window motor needs to be replaced. Front windshield has a crack in it and the rear view mirror isn't on. Pics of it are coming soon.:toothless

#36 ·
My nephew came over after school and gave me a hand with my truck again. Put on a bully step to get into the bko and flushed the cooling system.

So nice to have a willing nephew to come over and do manual labor to my truck for me, also a good learning experience for him. As he's doing the work I'm teaching him about the systems.

So when are they gonna have the medical nano bots ready and safe to work on people? Been frigin aching a lot lately. Also a few more headaches than usual....

#55 ·
Been thinking I might keep them if they can stil fit under the bko after I pull out the 3 inch body lift.

Put the old stock tires on the old bko and transferred the MT classic 2 rims & tires on the new bko. I will be putting 35's on after the current ones wear out.

I did come across another issue, found that the tiered to the pitman arm is really loose. It's next on the list to replace first. I'll be swapping the whole tie rod assembly over from the old bko to the new one.

#41 ·
Got my fuel valve pushed all the way in. The po did mention the fuel pump was changed out, so I'm thinking who ever did it never pushed it in all the way. Gonna fuel up tonight and see if I get any to leak out.

Swaped fuel caps between the bko's. I know on my old bko the cap was about a year old. Also cleaned up the area around the fuel cap as it looked like some sort of dried on muck.

Swaped the ohc's as the new bko's info screen wasn't working.

Poured some Lucas fuel cleaner additive in the tank.

Tomorrow I'm gonna see about getting my nephew over to do a tuneup on it and possibly swap distributors.

#42 ·
Taped up the seat bottoms on both front seats, this is temporary til I get some seat covers or have the seats redone.

Programmed all my remotes to this truck... Seeing it didn't come with any.

Stopped in a local pick & pull and picked up 4 window relays and 5 connectors for them. Would of been 5 relayed but the 5th was damaged as the door was crushed to the car.
Gonna be wiring 2 of them into the tailgate.

This post has been deleted
#45 ·
#49 ·
Finally came to a agreement with the other insurance company. Was a little lower than i wanted but it covered the cost of the new bko. So the part swapping will now start between the two trucks.
I started trying to diagnose and clean up the rear tailgate. Window was not going down. Found that there were no bushings on the tailgate latches. Took care of one issue. Replaced the outside weatherstripping on the tail gate and banged in the screw holes that were being pulled out form the previous owner. After it was all done found the window motor wasn't working to well, so ill be changing it out next.

Also have to fix the latch to open the tailgate.

This post has been deleted
#52 ·
Might go back to the tailgate and swap the windows yet. I cleaned off the old duck tape glue that was left over from the forsale sign that was on it, and noticed after the window was cleaned that there are tiny scratched in it. Most likely created with the old cracked outside weather seal with dirt logged into the seal. Gotta look at the old bko's glass to see if its any better.

#53 ·
Stopped at the ford dealer and ordered a new 2010 f150 ford badge for the front grill and bearings for both sides. Forgot to mention as I was swapping over the hubs on the ps of the new bko the grease was a muddy color texture, but the ds was in decent shape.

Began swapping over the headlight assemblies.

Stil have to do the ps light swap, it involves more work as the batteries have to come out. Did enought work for today, back is already aching. I did put in led bulbs while I have it apart.

Put in a new flasher that works with LEDs .

Might try to do the other side later today or tonight....

#57 ·
Went to Firestone and got a new lifetime alignment for the new bko. Had them align her. Drives nice and straight now with no pulling. Next on the list is to do the front wheel bearings. Front brakes look like they are in decent shape with plenty of meat on them stil.

#66 ·
Replaced the bearings and seals on the ps of the bko.
Bearings weren't to bad. The races looked like they were in good shape so I left them in.
The ps was the side that looked on the rusty/mudy color side. Pic before I started.

Used a new locking spindle nut.

Next on that side I'm gonna have to change out the ball joints. Found after changing the bearings the lower ball joint is going bad. Has some play to it.

#67 ·
Finished installing led bulbs in the outside lighting. Have yet to do the interior lights and under hood.

Swaped out the turnsignal switch with the old bko(had installed a new one a year or 2 ago).
Top one is old, bottom one is the old bko's

In the progress of swapping the dash bezel, before I finish that up need to do some reinforcing to the bezel. Some areas are cracking slightly and like to repair them befor they get noticable or the switches break away completely.

#70 ·
They will be on as soon as I wear out the old tires I had on the Old rig.
But here's a teaser of whats going on. They are a total hight of 34.5 inches.

I transfered a few things over from the old rig today.
Outside Grab bars:

The old Trailer harness from the old Rig:

Old extended breather tub from the old rig.

#73 · (Edited)
So the double cardan joint on the rear axle are going bad. Was vibrating a lot and squeaking. Swaped in the rear drive shaft from the old bronco for a temporary fix. Not sure how long that shaft has before it starts to go on its way out. Not sure if I want to get a new shaft or have the old one rebuilt. ATM I think I'm leaning to getting a new beefier shaft.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.