Expo and Adventure Modding Reference Thread! - Page 3 - Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-14-2013, 12:38 PM
Banned

Bronco Info: '83 VIN & title on '93 frame/body w/'95 4.9L & EB paint
I wasn't driving at anything - just curious how it attached. Mine uses the stock tabs, and 2 more stock frame holes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 92 Factory Original 300 I6 M5OD Manual Custom. 3 seats, AC and a radio and all vinyl interior.
Thanks Steve. I'll have to look it up and read up on it. Actually sounds like an interesting Analysis.

JTMcD.
We sleep Peaceful in our beds because Rough Men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm............George Orwell
The object of life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, 'Holy Shit, What a Ride!!! -- Mavis Leyrer

MY A/C Vacuum leak repair http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/23-technical-write-ups/175808-how-i-fixed-my-c-vac-leak.html
post #43 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 10:23 AM

Bronco Info: 1996 XLT w/ 351 & E4OD
Garage
Saw this and thought of this thread. It is a shower and bathroom kit. It is WAY over priced so i wouldn't buy it but you could make one.

http://www.synergymfg.com/Synergy-Su...t-p-30485.html

"One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." - Diogenes of Sinope
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerPepe` View Post
I'd lock this thread, but it's just too much fun to keep reading.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.." - Edgar Allen Poe
post #44 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-13-2013, 04:48 PM
Man with a Golden ticket

Bronco Info: 96 blackout XLT Sport 5.8L E4OD, 4" Rancho w/ 35" MTR's
Thought I would add this one here for a Bumper and Cargo Basket set up by watfab.

watfab's bumper with sliders and cargo rack

You just might be a redneck if you start a conversation with:
"happened to us when Dad got pinched by the feds."
- Biker Pepe' -
post #45 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-17-2014, 12:08 AM

Bronco Info: 95 XLT,35"Toyo MTs,4" lift,bilsteins,10.25 sterling rearend w/ 4:10LS,C&T beams,8lug frontend conv
I recently made a new rear bumper after bending the stock one once again. I made it out of some scrap steel I had and decided to remount my stock spare tire carrier and turn it into a licence plate mount with led light, hi-lift mount, and a receiver hitch mount to hold a rack for extra gas and water,or what ever accessory I need.

And I also use a cargo topper for extended trips to free up inside cargo area.
post #46 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-17-2014, 08:14 AM
I did all for the Nookie

Bronco Info: 89' Bronco 5.8l Variable Speed V8, Forward, Rev, Turns left, right, stops, and everything.
Garage
That's a fresh idea with the rear carrier and winch. Where does your spare go?

351W, ZF5-47, BW1356, 10.25/D60
FOTM DEC. 2011
"Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati,"
When all else fails roll over and play dead.
post #47 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-17-2014, 09:52 PM

Bronco Info: 95 XLT,35"Toyo MTs,4" lift,bilsteins,10.25 sterling rearend w/ 4:10LS,C&T beams,8lug frontend conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by huggyb1972 View Post
That's a fresh idea with the rear carrier and winch. Where does your spare go?
I removed my rear seat and have the spare mounted inside using the "salt life" upgrade when doing day trips and local off-roading. I throw it on the top rack when I need more room inside for long trips.

I never use the winch when it's mounted on the spare tire carrier, it's just there for easy aces on the trail. I have 20' wire with jumper cable connects on one end so anybody on the trail with a receiver hitch can use it.
post #48 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-17-2014, 10:02 PM
I did all for the Nookie

Bronco Info: 89' Bronco 5.8l Variable Speed V8, Forward, Rev, Turns left, right, stops, and everything.
Garage
I figured you didn't use the winch spare carrier. Just didn't see the spare tire and got to wonderin.

351W, ZF5-47, BW1356, 10.25/D60
FOTM DEC. 2011
"Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati,"
When all else fails roll over and play dead.
post #49 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-16-2014, 05:41 AM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 91 Bronco w/ 5.0 L V8, Auto w/ E40D
Garage
Just up late and surfing the site and realized my new seat covers would be perfect for camping/expo's. They're the tactical covers custom made by Coverking.com. I paid $200 (they were on sale I should point out) and got two complete seat covers made of ballistic nylon with molle webbing on the back, along with 6 pouches. I've also added a few more pouches and first aid kit from the local Army Surplus. Now I can keep most of my gear in easy reach without having to open up the tailgate or window. While I keep my main tools in a separate tool bag, I keep some quick emergency tools (screwdriver, wrenches, pliers, etc...), winching supplies, rope, gerber multitool, shovel, water bottle, military grade duck tape, aluminum speed tape, emergency knife, hammer, magnesium rod (fire starter), cotton balls (see fire starter), super glue, roll of steel wire, code reader, and a few other odds and ends stored on the backs of my seats. And all I need to do to access it all is tilt the appropriate seat forward. The only down side is the tools add so much weight, the seats have to be moved forward manually, but I can live with that.

1991 Bronco w/ 5.0L V8, Auto w/ E40D trans, factory spare tire rack, factory limited slip diff, dual batteries, custom air intake, 8K lb. winch, tactical seat covers, drop down TV w/ CD/DVD player, 31's on stock suspension, roof baskets, new injectors, rear bumper w/ tire rack, 33" Goodyear Wranglers, 2" suspension lift.

To Do List: paint,
My BKO build: Project Farmhand
post #50 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-20-2014, 08:56 PM

Bronco Info: 1996 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFBronco235 View Post
Just up late and surfing the site and realized my new seat covers would be perfect for camping/expo's. They're the tactical covers custom made by Coverking.com. I paid $200 (they were on sale I should point out) and got two complete seat covers made of ballistic nylon with molle webbing on the back, along with 6 pouches. I've also added a few more pouches and first aid kit from the local Army Surplus. Now I can keep most of my gear in easy reach without having to open up the tailgate or window. While I keep my main tools in a separate tool bag, I keep some quick emergency tools (screwdriver, wrenches, pliers, etc...), winching supplies, rope, gerber multitool, shovel, water bottle, military grade duck tape, aluminum speed tape, emergency knife, hammer, magnesium rod (fire starter), cotton balls (see fire starter), super glue, roll of steel wire, code reader, and a few other odds and ends stored on the backs of my seats. And all I need to do to access it all is tilt the appropriate seat forward. The only down side is the tools add so much weight, the seats have to be moved forward manually, but I can live with that.

I'm digging those seat covers! They're almost 300 for my 96. I'm interested to see how they hold up. I've heard mixed reviews about the smittybuilt ones for jeeps. I'm curious to know if they make your butt sweat or get uncomfortably warm...those were some of the complaints on the smittybuilts because of the cordura materials. Keep us posted on how they work out!

Stay positive and love your life
post #51 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-21-2014, 04:27 AM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 91 Bronco w/ 5.0 L V8, Auto w/ E40D
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96UAV View Post
I'm digging those seat covers! They're almost 300 for my 96. I'm interested to see how they hold up. I've heard mixed reviews about the smittybuilt ones for jeeps. I'm curious to know if they make your butt sweat or get uncomfortably warm...those were some of the complaints on the smittybuilts because of the cordura materials. Keep us posted on how they work out!
They've held up well so far. I've got about 30 lbs. of gear on each one right now. I do recommend you supply your own pouches though. The ones that come with it are pretty limited.

The sweating is a problem on a hot day, since the material doesn't breath, but its a minor one for a guy who grew up on a tractor seat. Its no worse than vinyl or leather seats though. It is tougher too. Won't hold a stain and cleans up easy. The real upside these have over smittybilt is that these actually cover the whole seat and not just the front and back. And since each cover is custom made to fit over the existing seat fabric, they're pretty snug and won't go slipping everywhere. This does make installing them a little tough, but worth it in the end.

How is it the 96 covers are $300?

1991 Bronco w/ 5.0L V8, Auto w/ E40D trans, factory spare tire rack, factory limited slip diff, dual batteries, custom air intake, 8K lb. winch, tactical seat covers, drop down TV w/ CD/DVD player, 31's on stock suspension, roof baskets, new injectors, rear bumper w/ tire rack, 33" Goodyear Wranglers, 2" suspension lift.

To Do List: paint,
My BKO build: Project Farmhand
post #52 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-26-2015, 04:47 PM

Bronco Info: 93 XLT
Just throwing this in here, as I havenít seen anybody list this stuff on FSB yet

I dont know how long theyíve been available to the public, but it seems that the mil-contract versions of the seat back molle panels have made it to DRMO and out to the surplus retailers, so you can now find these on ebay for under $20....just search for "molle vehicle panel"

Obviously they wont fit as well as the nice custom units like AFBronco235's, but for under $20 they are an inexpensive alternative to the pricier custom units...at least for us cheap folk

They are 14'x22' (ish)

There are a few companies making molle panels for safe doors. Pricey, but you can get a custom sized molle panel from these folks if for example, you wanted to cover the entire backe seat.

MOLLE Gun Safe Door Panel Organizer

And finally, some clever person stamped out some oversized PAP (OK, ok, they didnt stamp it, from what I read, they cut it with a waterjet but the end result is the same) with slots big enough for molle gear. So far it seems to be primarily geared towards anyone but the FSB crowd (surprise, surprise) but Im sure if a clever FSBer wanted to go this route they could easily adapt it for our BKOs. Pricey, but a rigid idea that allows the flexability of molle gear.

Also, some of these Ive seen didnt look like they would be too difficult to replicate by welding some 7/8 strips to some 3/8 square stock, but tedious work....still, a very customizable storage solution for a die hard DIYer

I think the overhead panel was a paricularly neat idea...someone also makes these in an all fabric panel. Id be on it if someone made a bolt in for the FSB.

This one is for a charger trunk:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verndewd
You're about as observant as a blind deaf mute in a sensory deprivation tank.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Stoklosa
After all, a world without enormous, fuel-sucking trucks with suspensions capable of bombing across the Baja at 80 mph isnít a world worth living in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerPepe'
Punching a weatherman in the nose has been on my bucket list for decades!

Ford Bronco Forum > Other Forums > General Discussion/ Bronco and Wheeling related.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode