Mango's 95 progress thread. - Page 3 - Ford Bronco Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-01-2016, 03:43 AM Thread Starter

Took it to the local OHV park yesterday. Had a blast with my father an I. It was his first trip down there. We did cut a sidewall on a tire, but we were able to wheel on it for a while airing it up every once in a while. Guess I need to look into some different tires with a heavier sidewall.

Here you can really see how much flatter the bottom is now that the T-case is moved up. Sliders that will double as steps are in my future... whenever I get around to them.

Next upgrade is to finish the front bumper/brush guard I started Friday. All pieces are 1/4" plate with 3/8" wall 1.5" tube for the trusses behind the gussets. My vision is to have 2" square tube wrapping around the front of the bronco that will be bolted into place. If it gets beat up, I can swap it out more easily. A winch will also be getting bolted to the channel later this month. I'm getting an Engo E9000.

I will also be making a transmission skit plate. There's a couple of places I did not take on due to not having some protection for the pan. Catalytic converter heat shield rubbed a couple of times, but that will go away soon as well.

Also found this guy on the trail, along with another <'92 with an exo-cage and SAS. Stopped to watch them have a little fun. Don't know if he's a member here.
TJSmoot likes this.

-Dustin
'97, 2500 ECSB, 454, 4X4, 0411, full exhaust, 33's. My "I'll-go-wherever-I-want" tool.("Biggin' ")
'95 Bronco XLT 5.0, 3" lift, 33's, with 185k. Junk-hauling deer-retriever.("Dufus") Build thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 05:06 AM Thread Starter

Lately I've been having some issues breaking studs out of the Tcase clocking ring. My wife and I bought our first home back in July and the bronco and pickup have seen some neglect. I haven't even been able to cash in on my birthday present from back in May of getting my truck's computer re-tuned. Its been a busy 8mo.

So, this is my pinion angle currently:

Its a 6* difference at the moment, and needs to come down. I've been hunting the internets for a 1" block or just some advice from other users but it seems like everyone wants me to rip my perches off and re-weld them. Ain't nobody got time for that.

I literally just read in this thread that the factory angle is 8*. If this is correct then I'll be ordering 2* shims.

Guess its time to R&D again.

-Dustin
'97, 2500 ECSB, 454, 4X4, 0411, full exhaust, 33's. My "I'll-go-wherever-I-want" tool.("Biggin' ")
'95 Bronco XLT 5.0, 3" lift, 33's, with 185k. Junk-hauling deer-retriever.("Dufus") Build thread.
post #43 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 11:48 PM Thread Starter

So, I swapped in 2* shims friday. While I haven't achieved a 90* between the driveshaft and the pinion flange, I've got a flatter driveline and now my vibration is gone... so I've at least made some progress there. If I did this again though, or for those doing this with a similar setup, I would go with a 4* shim as the factory one is an 8*. Side note: The factory shims are located to the leaf pack with 7/16" "pin-head" bolts. If you get the shims from JBG they will have to be drilled out to work and bolt to the leaf pack, but they are designed so you can do that. A hand drill is fine for this.

Here's some pics...
Before Flange angle:
[IMG][/IMG]
Before Driveshaft angle:

After Flange angle:

After driveshaft angle:

I've also got a couple of ideas for the future.

I've noticed that the transmission crossmember is the next lowest portion of the frame. I think I could scavenge a little more ground clearance by making a new crossmember and using a C6 transmission mount from something else, like a 70's mustang or Galaxie. Have to do a little R&D, but I think I could make it happen.

The bronco's cheap exhaust job is also falling apart. Its something one of the PO's put on before me. The Y-pipe for the duals is full of huge holes so its not worth keeping. It also fills the back with fumes when the back glass is down and I'd like to ride with the top off at some point this summer and when I go coyote hunting. I think a side exit coming out before the pass-side front leaf mount would work well. I just need to get a hold of some pipe and get to work.

I did put my red LEDs in for the front and the back dome lights. The front light is also a swapped-in ford mustang dome light. I wanted just enough light in red to see in the cab to keep my night vision while going on hunts or just being in the dark, and this accomplishes that. The bulbs should be around 175lumen in the front but only 75 in the back. (Links to LEDS: Front, Back). I would like an auxiliary light in the back though... maybe dimmable LEDs or something.

-Dustin

Ford Bronco Forum > Other Forums > General Discussion/ Bronco and Wheeling related.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode