"RailRoad Runner" My new project - Page 2 - Ford Bronco Forum
 55Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 131 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 09:00 PM

Bronco Info: 1979 bronco,351m C6 np 205,4inch lift, 33 bfg
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioTex View Post
The right front tire is just one I used to get the truck loaded. The other ones match the right rear. It is some oddball 16.5" tire and the rim is strange also.
That's a nice truck. You say you put the right front tire on to move it, but is it a custom made rim or an existing model?

Thank you
Marc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 131 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 1995 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by kochic View Post
That's a nice truck. You say you put the right front tire on to move it, but is it a custom made rim or an existing model?

Thank you
Marc
Marc,
That white rim came off of a Jeep CJ with drum front brakes. I have three of them. The bolt pattern luckily fit the bronco, but the disk brakes on the Bronco wouldn't let me tighten the rim down all the way. I left the lug nuts loose and winched it onto the trailer like that. I admit I was too lazy to swap a rear good rim to the front and then put the front CJ rim onto the rear.

I now have a set of 33's mounted on a set of 15" CJ rims that are made to fit the disc brakes on the fronts, but at the time they were at a buddy s house and he was at work so I had to work with what I had.
Here is what's on now.

dash_cam likes this.

“A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to ‘The United States of America ‘ for an amount of ‘up to and including his life.’ That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.”
post #23 of 131 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 01:56 PM
Resident Nice Guy

Bronco Info: 1979 Ranger XLT, 351m, 4 speed
Garage
Fixing that image for you again :)

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

Schwim! A social site with an identity crisis.
post #24 of 131 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 02:05 PM
Resident Nice Guy

Bronco Info: 1979 Ranger XLT, 351m, 4 speed
Garage
With Imgur, you can grab smaller versions of the image by putting an s, m or l at the end of the filename (Before the extension)

So in this case, your image is http://i.imgur.com/vLCtRpD.jpg.

Code:
[img ] http://i.imgur.com/vLCtRpD.jpg[/img ]
Which gives you:

Put an "l" (Lowercase L) right before the .jpg and you get:

Code:
[img ]http://i.imgur.com/vLCtRpDl.jpg[/img ]
Which gives you a smaller image:

or smaller, with an M:

or tiny, with an s:

Wrap that in a url tag with the fullsize pic and you end up with a clickable smaller size that will open the fullsize image:

Code:
[ url=http://i.imgur.com/vLCtRpD.jpg ][img ] http://i.imgur.com/vLCtRpDl.jpg[/img ][ /url]
Which gives you your clicky-resized image:

dash_cam likes this.

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

Schwim! A social site with an identity crisis.
post #25 of 131 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 02:39 PM

Bronco Info: 1992 Eddie Bauer, 302 currently with E4OD, 265/75r15
Garage
Not too bad looking from the passenger side, hopefully looks better than mine on the driver side And missing keys aren't too bad of a thing. I wouldn't have gotten mine if the PO hadn't lost them and sold the Bronco to a guy that junks out trucks, particularly our older Fords, that we had bought parts from before, the higher than your price of $900

Remember with your tailgate windows not working...Clean your plug first!

!992 Eddie Bauer, 302 w/E4OD
So far...
Former 1990 302 XLT swapped T18
post #26 of 131 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the tips with how to resize the images. Will take some getting used to.

“A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to ‘The United States of America ‘ for an amount of ‘up to and including his life.’ That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.”
post #27 of 131 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 08:11 PM
House of Windsor 4ever!

Bronco Info: 79 Ranchero GT/97 Eddie Bauer Exploder 5.0 AWD
Garage
The rims are hy-rail style wheels for railroad use only. You really do not want those even for normal driving since the hy-rail gear is gone; the gear really lowered the center of gravity. Since I'm a train aficionado, I was hoping the former railroad had plastered their name and corporate symbol on the doors, but no. But, if you paint the fenders that dark green Pullman used on their old heavyweight sleeper cars ('Pullman Green') and stick on a couple old Great Northern Railway 'goat' emblems, it'd be really cool! Well, at least to me it would....

[Silver70] In 100 years, when astronauts visit the landing site, they'll stumble upon the little FSB rover with a busted driveshaft, twisted up on a moon-rock flexing the SAS, and think, "Man... those things can go anywhere. Screw Jeep."
post #28 of 131 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 08:13 PM
House of Windsor 4ever!

Bronco Info: 79 Ranchero GT/97 Eddie Bauer Exploder 5.0 AWD
Garage
Cool catch. I envy you. I shall forever know your orange truck as the "Goat."

[Silver70] In 100 years, when astronauts visit the landing site, they'll stumble upon the little FSB rover with a busted driveshaft, twisted up on a moon-rock flexing the SAS, and think, "Man... those things can go anywhere. Screw Jeep."
post #29 of 131 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 11:29 PM

Bronco Info: driving a 78 rusty piece o crap owned 23 yrs, and working on another 78 bronco,mint,460
Garage
cool story on a sweet looking rig

any locksmith worth anything should be able to make you up a key without removing the ignition

if you remove a door lock and tailgate lock you may be able to get a ignition key from that
I think door and ign were the same that yr?
dash_cam likes this.
post #30 of 131 (permalink) Old 10-28-2016, 03:11 AM

Bronco Info: 1990 XLT 5.0, K&N Hot Air Intake, Motorsport Headers, 3" Dynomax Exhaust
Searching "hi rail Bronco" yielded this and other images (I think the Illinois Railway Museum might own it).

"I can't say that a '90 is going to change your mind about Fords... That era of truck isn't known for exceptional reliability or simplicity of maintenance" Steve83
post #31 of 131 (permalink) Old 10-28-2016, 08:05 AM

Bronco Info: 1996 EB, 351w, basically stock. 1981 custom 351m, long gone.
Garage
That's pretty cool! And how did you come up with $526?

it's fun to do bad things

my "build" thread
post #32 of 131 (permalink) Old 10-28-2016, 08:29 AM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 78 Custom, 84 Custom, 69 Half Cab, 74 Ranger - stock, 76 Trail Rig
Garage
Very cool Bronco with a rare history! Looks to be in very good shape except for the glass. I wonder if you could get the wheels recentered to the correct offset and use them to keep the original use look?
post #33 of 131 (permalink) Old 10-28-2016, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_andy_cv64 View Post
Cool catch. I envy you. I shall forever know your orange truck as the "Goat."
I'm going to start a build thread (not sure which sub-forum is the correct one yet) and call it the Hy-Goat! Thanks for the info.

post #34 of 131 (permalink) Old 10-28-2016, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustyrusty View Post
cool story on a sweet looking rig

any locksmith worth anything should be able to make you up a key without removing the ignition

if you remove a door lock and tailgate lock you may be able to get a ignition key from that
I think door and ign were the same that yr?
No locksmiths in my area but I can perhaps mail a door lock to one and see if they will fix me up. Great idea!

post #35 of 131 (permalink) Old 10-28-2016, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_cam View Post
That's pretty cool! And how did you come up with $526?
At first I offered $500. Then I got to thinking I should offer $501 just in case someone else offered $500. Then I trew in an extra $25 cause I really wanted the truck.

Be careful what you wish for!
79BroncoSpringTx and dash_cam like this.

post #36 of 131 (permalink) Old 10-28-2016, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
Very cool Bronco with a rare history! Looks to be in very good shape except for the glass. I wonder if you could get the wheels recentered to the correct offset and use them to keep the original use look?
Not sure if they could be recentered or not, but I'm sure with enough money...

The Hy-Rail rims are pretty wide. I didn't measure them, but I'm thinking they were 9" wide at least. Those skinny tires are like new, but I can't get the one to seat on the rim. I went to my buddy s house lats night and he hooked me up with a matching set of these with mounted 33's:

Funny thing is, two weeks ago I gave him a set of four matching rims and tires that came off my old 85 Bronco. I was thinking I would never need them, and wanted to clean out my shop some so I gave them to him. So he gave these gold/chrome ones to me. A couple or 12 adult beverages might have been involved but that's another story...

post #37 of 131 (permalink) Old 10-28-2016, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbye View Post
Searching "hi rail Bronco" yielded this and other images (I think the Illinois Railway Museum might own it).

Very cool. So do you know if the orange is a special color just for the RR use? Or was it a standard issue?

post #38 of 131 (permalink) Old 10-28-2016, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

So last night I pressure washed the dust off:
Going to have to find a good grill. Aftermarket ones are probably crappy huh?

post #39 of 131 (permalink) Old 10-28-2016, 03:23 PM
Charlie doesn't surf!!

Bronco Info: 1992 xlt, 351EFI, .040, E4OD, D44 SAS w/Trutrac,Detroit locked 8.8, MAF conv, Tweeced
Garage
I dig the color..looks like the engine bay cleaned up really nice..Amazing that it came from the factory that way.
post #40 of 131 (permalink) Old 10-28-2016, 05:41 PM
Project STINKY Superviser

Bronco Info: 78 and 79 Bronco
Cool find, I bet it may have some special additions or upgrades for the railroad. Some may have a PTO hook up and other cool stuff.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."

http://www.supermotors.net/26498

http://www.supermotors.net/registry/27746

Ford Bronco Forum > Other Forums > General Discussion/ Bronco and Wheeling related.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode