"RailRoad Runner" My new project - Page 7 - Ford Bronco Forum
 55Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 1995 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermil01 View Post
how's the oil pump retainer look on the transfer case?
Sorry. I should have mentioned I performed the mod. The case shoulder was worn half way through so I TIG welded a piece on the end of the retainer to correct.

I'm kind of scatterbrained lately as I was in a plane wreck where the plane came apart in three pieces. The engine completely came off on impact and the tail section seperated. Anyway, it was night time in the mountains and I walked away with zero injuries. Not even a bruise. I was hanging upside down by my lap belt. made my waist area a little sore, but other than that I'm golden. So, a lot on my mind lately since it was my plane. I was not the pilot, so not my fault but still sucks to lose a really nice 182.

So, as you see I was darned lucky.

“A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to ‘The United States of America ‘ for an amount of ‘up to and including his life.’ That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.”
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 02:51 AM
House of Windsor 4ever!

Bronco Info: 79 Ranchero GT/97 Eddie Bauer Exploder 5.0 AWD
Garage
Holy Schamoly! If you feel scatterbrained, you got more than hung upside-down in your belting. You may have had your brain shook inside your skull. It doesn't leave visible bruising. Did you get the full concussion examination? Man, don't do this to us. Even one good member lost is one good member too many.

As for the plane, is there insurance?

[Silver70] In 100 years, when astronauts visit the landing site, they'll stumble upon the little FSB rover with a busted driveshaft, twisted up on a moon-rock flexing the SAS, and think, "Man... those things can go anywhere. Screw Jeep."
post #123 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 09:08 AM

Bronco Info: 95 bronco 5.0 (original) swap to 5.8 (in process)
Garage
How in the hell did that happen?
post #124 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 09:13 AM
Foolsize Member

Bronco Info: They multiply when I'm not looking.
Glad you are still with us boss, that had to have been a living nightmare. How many other people involved?

Dylan

1992 XLT 300/M5OD
1978 Custom 351M/C6
1991 XLT 351W/Blown Up E4OD
post #125 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 09:46 AM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1978 Round headlight, 351M,C6, 9", 44/1991, 445 FE, t19, 205, Dana 60/70, MAF, Moet's
Garage
I have crashed just about everything but a plane, now that is Hard Core. Roll a Jeep and no biggie roll a plane now that's impressive, hats off.
post #126 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 12:42 PM
Harley's & Bronco's FTW!

Bronco Info: '95 XLT, 5.8/E4OD/MassAir/6" lift/4.56's/35x12.5 BFG AT-KO2
Garage
Well we're damn happy you made it through that without dying, much less a scratch.

"When life throws you a curve... LEAN INTO IT!"

SuperMotors - Since 2002
post #127 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_andy_cv64 View Post
Holy Schamoly! If you feel scatterbrained, you got more than hung upside-down in your belting. You may have had your brain shook inside your skull. It doesn't leave visible bruising. Did you get the full concussion examination? Man, don't do this to us. Even one good member lost is one good member too many.

As for the plane, is there insurance?
Yes, I had an exam for a concussion. A good DR. friend of mine came to my office while I was at work and examined me because he was concerned too. All is good. As for insurance, yes I'm covered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiBroncoKid View Post
A front came rolling in as we landed at night. The leading edge had some very gusty winds that got under a wing and pushed us off the runway. Gave it full power to climb out and didn't clear the 10 foot deer fence not too far from the runway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92BroncoXLT View Post
Glad you are still with us boss, that had to have been a living nightmare. How many other people involved?
Myself and the pilot. We were partners in the ownership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 445 FE Bronco View Post
I have crashed just about everything but a plane, now that is Hard Core. Roll a Jeep and no biggie roll a plane now that's impressive, hats off.
Yeah, I never rolled a Jeep, but I think I have a good idea now. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerPepe` View Post
Well we're damn happy you made it through that without dying, much less a scratch.
Thanks guys for the well wishes. I have picked out my new plane already. A Beechcraft Bonanza. 30 kts. faster! Also retractable which I like.

“A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to ‘The United States of America ‘ for an amount of ‘up to and including his life.’ That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.”
post #128 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

Update:

I installed the rebuilt transfer case back into the truck this weekend. Took her for a spin and so far so good. Engine runs pretty good for as many miles. Shift s silky smooth now. Since I drained off about 50 gallons of aviation 100 LL from the plane that wrecked, I added a small amount to the Bronco to boost the octane a tad. Seems to run very well, but may not do it much since I think the CC wont like it.

post #129 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

Next on the list is to find out why the rear window won't roll up or down with the switches. I did verify the motor was good, but that is as far as I went. Going to have to search the archives for troubleshooting it. Hope it's an easy fix.

post #130 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 06:57 PM
Resident Nice Guy

Bronco Info: 1979 Ranger XLT, 351m, 4 speed
Garage
Common points of failure when neither switch works are:

1) Broken wiring between tailgate and body

2) Corroded plug/socket behind drivers taillamp.

I would pull the taillamp and test for power at that plug. One is always hot(for key operated switch on tailgate) and the other two prongs are either hot or ground, depending on which direction you're pushing the switch on the dash. If it's clean and you're getting juice to it, then I'd bet your issue is likely broken connection between the tailgate and body.

Don't forget to check the fuse first :)

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

Schwim! A social site with an identity crisis.
post #131 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 08:50 PM

Bronco Info: 1996 5.0 5-speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiBroncoKid View Post
^^ its not in the NTSB database yet

96 Bronco 5.0

Ford Bronco Forum > Other Forums > General Discussion/ Bronco and Wheeling related.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode