Official Ford Bronco 2020 Website - Ford Bronco Forum
 26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 02:39 AM Thread Starter
FSM Lifetime

Official Ford Bronco 2020 Website

Back and badder than ever. The legendary Ford Bronco.

Interesting notes:
  • Smart technology
  • Bold new look
  • True to rugged roots

AKA Probowler

Last edited by AlaskanBronco; 02-06-2017 at 02:40 AM. Reason: Better title
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 08:39 AM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1978 Round headlight, 351M,C6, 9", 44/1991, 445 FE, t19, 205, Dana 60/70, MAF, Moet's
Garage
Now all I need is a big wad of cash LOL.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 08:58 AM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 78 Custom, 84 Custom, 74 Ranger - stock, 76 Trail Rig
Garage
"Badder than Ever" - thats a big claim. They better live up to it!!
BikerPepe` and Weber like this.
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 09:39 AM
Engineer

Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer
So when are they going to show us something?

1995 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer 351W 2.5" RC Front Lift. JBG 3" Rear Springs. 17" M/T Classic III's and 285/70/17 Toyo Open Country A/T II, 4.56 gears trac-loc f/r. Street Toy
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 10:03 AM

Garage
" . . . bold new look . . . "

That makes me nervous . . . . i hate marketing . . . i suspect it will be for the person that buys North Face gear . . . not the person that needs North Face gear (seeing as there is MUCH better gear out there) . . .
BikerPepe`, JGR and silver70 like this.

my girlfriend has been on me to buy a newer truck . . . . had to break it to her I'm not likely ever going to have anything newer then 1996 . . . . . .
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 10:59 PM

Bronco Info: Stock '89 XLT, 5.0, AOD, 4" Lift, 33's
Garage
What was that, a joke? The years for great cars have come and gone, all we do now is imitate.

'89 XLT, Stock 5.0, 4" Lift, 33's, (Hopefully returning with a CB at some point...)

'89 XLT, 5.0, AOD, 4" Lift
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 11:47 PM
Harley's & Bronco's FTW!

Bronco Info: '95 XLT, 5.8/E4OD/MassAir/6" lift/4.56's/35x12.5 BFG AT-KO2
Garage
well that was about as exciting as a poke in the eye. if they're not ready to show the damn thing... what's the point?
not impressed by the "mystery bag" marketing campaign they've got going on the new Bronco.
Scoop, JGR, glassdave and 2 others like this.

"When life throws you a curve... LEAN INTO IT!"

SuperMotors - Since 2002
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 07:13 AM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1988 5.0L E/B AOD, bone stock+ 1993 5.8L E/B, E4OD, 4"lift with 33's
This is like the wait for Obama to get the hell out of office! You know it's coming, but a watched clock never moves!
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 04:18 PM

Bronco Info: '95 302, E4OD, Rust, MileMarker Hubs, Rolling on 33x12.50 GT Radial Adventuro M/Ts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerPepe` View Post
well that was about as exciting as a poke in the eye. if they're not ready to show the damn thing... what's the point?
not impressed by the "mystery bag" marketing campaign they've got going on the new Bronco.
It was the same with the current-gen Mustang. Then there was the whole "kept in the dark" deal with the new GT. Ugh. My boys at Ford are being tight lipped too.

Jon. "This thing turns on a dime and leaves change."

post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 12:07 AM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 92 Factory Original 300 I6 M5OD Manual Custom. 3 seats, AC and a radio and all vinyl interior.
Garage
Smart Technology.

That means it will be able to park itself between the shopping carts without hitting the curb.
BikerPepe` and huck2080 like this.

JTMcD.
We sleep Peaceful in our beds because Rough Men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm............George Orwell
The object of life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, 'Holy Shit, What a Ride!!! -- Mavis Leyrer

MY A/C Vacuum leak repair http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/23-technical-write-ups/175808-how-i-fixed-my-c-vac-leak.html
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 01:06 AM

Bronco Info: 1994 EB Bronco 5.0 Auto 4" lift 33" 3.55
I keep wondering if they'll fubar it up with a fixed hard top, or if they will actually keep to the original theme.

1994 EB 5.0 Bronco / 4" Pro Comp stage II lift / 33" BFG all terrains / JBA ceramic shorties / Magnaflow cat Y pipe / Dynomax cat-back (single 2.5")
Supermotors GALLERY
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 01:22 AM

Bronco Info: '96 Black 302 XLT - '94 Green 351 E. B. both are E4OD, 3.55 axles, 31 10.50x15
Well, the soccer moms will want four doors, and when they go grocery shopping, they won't want to reach over a tailgate to reach the groceries, and a hard removable top won't work with HMSL and shoulder belts, so I doubt that much of the old Bronco will be carried forward except for the name.

"The simplest solution is usually the best solution" - Occam's Razor

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them." - Albert Einstein
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 07:29 AM Thread Starter
FSM Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerPepe` View Post
I think Ford only announced the Bronco after the cat was out of the bag...still too far away to show anything. The website is not a part of any official announcement or unveiling... just a placeholder ; you can't even find it without a direct link or google search.

I just like messing with you ****ers

AKA Probowler
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 04:45 AM

Bronco Info: 93 XLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonFoster View Post
It was the same with the current-gen Mustang. Then there was the whole "kept in the dark" deal with the new GT. Ugh. My boys at Ford are being tight lipped too.
Well, consider what they did with the mustang line as a whole.

Gen 1, 2 and 3 upto 70 were legit…then in 71 with the advent of the gen 4, they went to the floundering, oil-tankeresque, ThunderTird platform and the Mustang as America knew and loved it, had died. But Ford kept its advertarding team playing on the Mustang 'brand'.

That bloat-beast from hell (The 71 mustang, not Rosie ODonnell) survived for 3 years

Now, I know Ford “officially” labels all the 64 1/2s to 73 Mustangs as ‘gen 1’, but the platform, weight and wheelbase shifts from falcon to cougar in 67 and then to thundertird in 71 strongly contradicts that perspective…..but, whatever. Its their car, they can label the generations as they want. Of course, actions speak louder than words and all Fords labels can’t cover their spoor.

Annnnnnd we all know what happened in 1974. Ford did a 180 and came out with the 'petit' Gen5 Mustang II (or gen 2 in fordspeak, if you prefer) aka the pintostang. A Pinto platform. With a different body. And Mustang decals

A Pinto.

Did I mention the mustang II was really a pinto with a different body? I did? Sorry. Just wanted to point out that is was a really just a thinly disguised Pinto. You knew that though, didn’t you? And we all know what a fine performance car the Pinto was.

Sorry, just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Anyway, humanity was granted a brief respite when ford blissfully killed the pintostangs (did you know the Mustang II were really Pintos?) in 78.

Only to bolt new bodies to the fox aka Fairmount platform in 79.

Oh well, that blissful respite was short lived….much like the bliss one experiences when Rosie O’Donnell leaves the room.....it only lasts until you realize she’ll be coming back right after her Hagendaas and cake break.

But at least by that point Ford was actually starting to try and pull their collective corporate heads out of their asses. And by the mid 80s they were really trying to make something competitive …..ahhh the memories of watching Scott Pruett zip around the track in his mustang….and losing….oh well….hope lived. Even though Ford was failing, at least they were trying, and that's something. Sadly, full realization of the Ford-mustang-head-ass extraction operation would take much, much longer…..even through the Fox-4 platform, those heads were still firmly lodged North of the anal sphincter.

It wasn’t until after the turn of the millennia…..over 30 years after the last true mustang rolled of the line, that heads slowly began sliding free of brown eyes and Ford started getting somewhere with the modified DEW98 platform….and those motherf$#$%ers still managed to modify that platform in the wrong places…..dear god, how dense can some people be? I guess the question is moot when those people still have ears, noses and mouths full of poo.

Only in 2015 did ford finally, finally join the rest of the performance world. From the 1990s. They finally stopped the used car saleman doublespeak lies about keeping a live rear axle to stay ‘true to their roots’, and put an IRS in…..and we all know keeping the live axle was just a manufacturing cost saving device and had nothing to do with their ‘roots’…..the 71 thundertird, 74 pinto and 79 fox bodies are uncontestable points of proof as to just how true Ford was being to its “roots”. (unless one knows that by ‘roots’, ford actually meant quarterly net revenue, just as by ‘undocumented immigrant’, Obama actually meant ‘illegal alien’)

Yes, they had the engines and trannies before. Yes they had stiffened the bodies. Yes they had tuned the suspensions. But they still refused to depart the 1980s just for the sake of saving a little coin.

So, from the death of the mustang in 1970 through the still birthing of many foals from 71 to 2005, it took ford 35 years to get to something that had a legit claim to sporting the Mustang badge.

Apologies to the fox-4 guys, but hey, I don’t even consider any of my BKOs to be BKOs…..they’re just short-short bed F150s

And I apologize about the rant…there actually is a point…and it is coming. Momentarily.

And I do know that by belabored diatribe had nothing to do with JonFoster's point....I freely admit that I just used his post as a launching point for my own spiel

But before I get to my point, did you know that the mustang IIs were actually just pintos? You did? Sorry, just checking.

So my point is this: IMO, the question isn’t really ‘what will the new BKO be?’, but how many new model years, platform changes, makeovers and bullshit ad campaigns will it take before Mark Fields pulls his head out of his ass and allows the engineers to transform the “new BKO” from yet another of fords worthless Soccermom Urban Vehicles (which it is going to be) into a real SUV (or MPV as Pepe’ would have it)....a real Bronco....something with 2 doors, a removable top and a tailgate. Something in which 'wheeling' means more than driving on a lawn or gravel parking lot. Something in which Micro$haft, the EPA or the Democrats had no part.

Think about it.

As for me, I think it will get there. One day. 20 or 30 years down the road. Maybe. But certainly not by 2020.

And there is an upside. By the time the new 'Bronco" comes out, there will be plenty of Ford Escapes and Edges littering junk yards across the country, so spare parts and 'upgrades' will be plentiful.
BikerPepe`, Weber and JonFoster like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verndewd
You're about as observant as a blind deaf mute in a sensory deprivation tank.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Stoklosa
After all, a world without enormous, fuel-sucking trucks with suspensions capable of bombing across the Baja at 80 mph isn’t a world worth living in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerPepe'
Punching a weatherman in the nose has been on my bucket list for decades!
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 03:30 PM

Bronco Info: Stock '89 XLT, 5.0, AOD, 4" Lift, 33's
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by turpit View Post
Well, consider what they did with the mustang line as a whole.

Gen 1, 2 and 3 upto 70 were legit…then in 71 with the advent of the gen 4, they went to the floundering, oil-tankeresque, ThunderTird platform and the Mustang as America knew and loved it, had died. But Ford kept its advertarding team playing on the Mustang 'brand'.

That bloat-beast from hell (The 71 mustang, not Rosie ODonnell) survived for 3 years

Now, I know Ford “officially” labels all the 64 1/2s to 73 Mustangs as ‘gen 1’, but the platform, weight and wheelbase shifts from falcon to cougar in 67 and then to thundertird in 71 strongly contradicts that perspective…..but, whatever. Its their car, they can label the generations as they want. Of course, actions speak louder than words and all Fords labels can’t cover their spoor.

Annnnnnd we all know what happened in 1974. Ford did a 180 and came out with the 'petit' Gen5 Mustang II (or gen 2 in fordspeak, if you prefer) aka the pintostang. A Pinto platform. With a different body. And Mustang decals

A Pinto.

Did I mention the mustang II was really a pinto with a different body? I did? Sorry. Just wanted to point out that is was a really just a thinly disguised Pinto. You knew that though, didn’t you? And we all know what a fine performance car the Pinto was.

Sorry, just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Anyway, humanity was granted a brief respite when ford blissfully killed the pintostangs (did you know the Mustang II were really Pintos?) in 78.

Only to bolt new bodies to the fox aka Fairmount platform in 79.

Oh well, that blissful respite was short lived….much like the bliss one experiences when Rosie O’Donnell leaves the room.....it only lasts until you realize she’ll be coming back right after her Hagendaas and cake break.

But at least by that point Ford was actually starting to try and pull their collective corporate heads out of their asses. And by the mid 80s they were really trying to make something competitive …..ahhh the memories of watching Scott Pruett zip around the track in his mustang….and losing….oh well….hope lived. Even though Ford was failing, at least they were trying, and that's something. Sadly, full realization of the Ford-mustang-head-ass extraction operation would take much, much longer…..even through the Fox-4 platform, those heads were still firmly lodged North of the anal sphincter.

It wasn’t until after the turn of the millennia…..over 30 years after the last true mustang rolled of the line, that heads slowly began sliding free of brown eyes and Ford started getting somewhere with the modified DEW98 platform….and those motherf$#$%ers still managed to modify that platform in the wrong places…..dear god, how dense can some people be? I guess the question is moot when those people still have ears, noses and mouths full of poo.

Only in 2015 did ford finally, finally join the rest of the performance world. From the 1990s. They finally stopped the used car saleman doublespeak lies about keeping a live rear axle to stay ‘true to their roots’, and put an IRS in…..and we all know keeping the live axle was just a manufacturing cost saving device and had nothing to do with their ‘roots’…..the 71 thundertird, 74 pinto and 79 fox bodies are uncontestable points of proof as to just how true Ford was being to its “roots”. (unless one knows that by ‘roots’, ford actually meant quarterly net revenue, just as by ‘undocumented immigrant’, Obama actually meant ‘illegal alien’)

Yes, they had the engines and trannies before. Yes they had stiffened the bodies. Yes they had tuned the suspensions. But they still refused to depart the 1980s just for the sake of saving a little coin.

So, from the death of the mustang in 1970 through the still birthing of many foals from 71 to 2005, it took ford 35 years to get to something that had a legit claim to sporting the Mustang badge.

Apologies to the fox-4 guys, but hey, I don’t even consider any of my BKOs to be BKOs…..they’re just short-short bed F150s

And I apologize about the rant…there actually is a point…and it is coming. Momentarily.

And I do know that by belabored diatribe had nothing to do with JonFoster's point....I freely admit that I just used his post as a launching point for my own spiel

But before I get to my point, did you know that the mustang IIs were actually just pintos? You did? Sorry, just checking.

So my point is this: IMO, the question isn’t really ‘what will the new BKO be?’, but how many new model years, platform changes, makeovers and bullshit ad campaigns will it take before Mark Fields pulls his head out of his ass and allows the engineers to transform the “new BKO” from yet another of fords worthless Soccermom Urban Vehicles (which it is going to be) into a real SUV (or MPV as Pepe’ would have it)....a real Bronco....something with 2 doors, a removable top and a tailgate. Something in which 'wheeling' means more than driving on a lawn or gravel parking lot. Something in which Micro$haft, the EPA or the Democrats had no part.

Think about it.

As for me, I think it will get there. One day. 20 or 30 years down the road. Maybe. But certainly not by 2020.

And there is an upside. By the time the new 'Bronco" comes out, there will be plenty of Ford Escapes and Edges littering junk yards across the country, so spare parts and 'upgrades' will be plentiful.
I don't care what it is or is not, I'm not buying one. "If you want it done right, you have to do it yourself". People have modified their vehicles from the beginning; there is a certain artistry to the craft for most because it's motivated by innovation and necessity, not profit margin. Car companies will never share our views, and to that I say "modify on".

'89 XLT, Stock 5.0, GT40 Heads, 4" Lift, 33's, (Hopefully returning with a CB at some point...)

'89 XLT, 5.0, AOD, 4" Lift
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 03:54 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 96 xlt 5.8 (blk) e40d
I would love to have a 70's pinto (non-hatchback) 2.0 with 4spd. For really, if you know anyone that is selling a rust free non-hacked up, let me know.

black 96 5.8 xlt sport, e40d, edelbrock intake, bassani y-pipe, bilstien shocks, 32"bfg's
azure blue 03 mach1 4.6 dohc

"Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 01:20 AM

Bronco Info: 93 XLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by c-dub View Post
I would love to have a 70's pinto (non-hatchback) 2.0 with 4spd. For really, if you know anyone that is selling a rust free non-hacked up, let me know.
Yeah, there's a couple of them on ebay. This ones pretty cheap. The seller obviously hasn't figured out the rotate control for posting pictures, but hey, for a $1000, what can you expect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verndewd
You're about as observant as a blind deaf mute in a sensory deprivation tank.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Stoklosa
After all, a world without enormous, fuel-sucking trucks with suspensions capable of bombing across the Baja at 80 mph isn’t a world worth living in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerPepe'
Punching a weatherman in the nose has been on my bucket list for decades!
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 02:43 AM
Harley's & Bronco's FTW!

Bronco Info: '95 XLT, 5.8/E4OD/MassAir/6" lift/4.56's/35x12.5 BFG AT-KO2
Garage
I did miss you @turpit

I agree with nearly everything... but I can't dis on this:

although... to be fair my Dad had one of these we used to take to the drag strip on some weekends:

and Dad's V8 Pinto was a wickid little death trap too... that I stole for a few joy-rides at 14-15 yrs. old.

oh yea... I nearly forgot.

If the TOP DON'T POP, IT'S NOT A BRONCO!
Mountain dewd likes this.

"When life throws you a curve... LEAN INTO IT!"

SuperMotors - Since 2002

Last edited by BikerPepe`; 03-11-2017 at 02:50 AM.
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 08:03 AM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 96 xlt 5.8 (blk) e40d
Quote:
Originally Posted by turpit View Post
Yeah, there's a couple of them on ebay. This ones pretty cheap. The seller obviously hasn't figured out the rotate control for posting pictures, but hey, for a $1000, what can you expect?
I have no desire for a Mustang II, A Pinto is what i would like.

black 96 5.8 xlt sport, e40d, edelbrock intake, bassani y-pipe, bilstien shocks, 32"bfg's
azure blue 03 mach1 4.6 dohc

"Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 09:00 AM

Bronco Info: 1996 EB, 351w, basically stock. 1981 custom 351m, long gone.
Garage
there's a link on the bronco site that links to a "ford social" page.
https://social.ford.com/en_US/story/...ck.html?page=1

Two things that pop out:
1) Bronco will be a no-compromise midsize 4x4 utility for thrill seekers who want to venture way beyond the city.

2) The rugged new Bronco will be a midsize SUV, and will be part of the global Ford vehicle portfolio in 2020.

if it's for thrill seekers who want "to venture way beyond the city" then i'm encouraged. jeep would probably argue they offer the same. i'm concerned that it will be a 4-door, though. just look at what the JKU has done for the wrangler. ford isn't blind.

it's fun to do bad things

my "build" thread

Ford Bronco Forum > Other Forums > General Discussion/ Bronco and Wheeling related.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode