Defective Parts Listing - Page 2 - Ford Bronco Forum
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 08:46 PM

Bronco Info: 89 F350 42's / 78 Bronco 460 35's / 79 Bronco XLT stock
Been running ANCO winter blades for years. The blade rubber is so thick I can get almost two years out of the blades before they start streaking and need to be replaced. Regular ANCO's......six months.
For whatever reason, Walmart and everyone for that matter, stopped carrying them. Every time I went to a different state, I would check Walmart's clearance section and a couple times i got lucky, but my stock didn't last long. I switched to NAPA winter blades. They cost more and I only got a little less than a year out of them.
Finally, the othert day, I noticed Walmart started carrying the ANCO winter blades again, so I stocked up for all the vehicles (didn't care how much they cost). They fit with no problems at all. I just went and checked the packaging after reading the first post and they're made in Mexico, which I'm now considering the new USA, since we don't manufacture anything anymore. Everything I have that's made in Mexico (auto parts, power tools, etc.) are a thousand times better quality than any Chinese crap out there.
I've always been a "Made in USA" guy, but since that label is more scarce that Bigfoot these days.........VIVA LA MEXICO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerPepe` View Post
"voting for hilary because she's a woman, is like eating shit because it looks like chocolate."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 08:58 PM
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A

Bronco Info: '87 XLT, new crate 5.0, rebuilt AOD, new 31"s, new Warn Premiums, all stock w/125K original miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudman78 View Post
Been running ANCO winter blades for years. The blade rubber is so thick I can get almost two years out of the blades before they start streaking and need to be replaced. Regular ANCO's......six months.
For whatever reason, Walmart and everyone for that matter, stopped carrying them. Every time I went to a different state, I would check Walmart's clearance section and a couple times i got lucky, but my stock didn't last long. I switched to NAPA winter blades. They cost more and I only got a little less than a year out of them.
Finally, the othert day, I noticed Walmart started carrying the winter blades again, so I stocked up for all the vehicles (didn't care how much they cost). They fit with no problems at all. I just went and checked the packaging after reading the first post and they're made in Mexico, which I'm now considering the new USA, since we don't manufacture anything anymore. Everything I have that's made in Mexico (auto parts, power tools, etc.) are a thousand times better quality than any Chinese crap out there.
I've always been a "Made in USA" guy, but since that label is more scarce that Bigfoot these days.........VIVA LA MEXICO!!!
The only bitch I have about some of the Mexi stuff were my (early 2000's) Makita tool switches dying an early death. Like on 5 different tools. Hopefully they've ramped it a notch since then........
post #23 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 09:22 PM

Never liked Makita, cuz back in the days before China, "Made in Japan" was the enemy . All my power tools are Dewalt. No problems so far.

Quote:
"voting for hilary because she's a woman, is like eating shit because it looks like chocolate."
post #24 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 09:36 PM
Nvr Been Bnnd

Bronco Info: 91 bronco 5.8 e40d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudman78 View Post
Never liked Makita, cuz back in the days before China, "Made in Japan" was the enemy . All my power tools are Dewalt. No problems so far.
My new 4.5 inch dewalt grinder says made in china
post #25 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 09:59 PM
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A

Bronco Info: '87 XLT, new crate 5.0, rebuilt AOD, new 31"s, new Warn Premiums, all stock w/125K original miles
I stopped buying DeWalt about 9 years ago. Except for their 4" x 4" sander, all their stuff started to suck, and suck bad. P/Cable for me, whenever I get the chance..........
post #26 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 10:55 PM

Porter Cable was the cat's meow back in the day, but like everyone else, they couldn't compete without outsourcing. All the good name brands have different lines of the same product, including Millwaukee. Dewalt makes the same stuff I have, in China too. I was looking for "Made in USA" in any brand, but couldn't find it. The Dewalts cost more than any other tool(s) they carried. It was because they were made in Mexico, when all the other brands were made in China. You could feel the difference. It was worth the extra $$$ for me to have the peace of mind.

Quote:
post #27 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 11:00 PM
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A

Quick poll here........how many of you older guys here remember Rockwell power tools? Or even better, the Stanley's?

Wowch, thems were the days.....
post #28 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-04-2010, 01:56 PM

Bronco Info: 78 XLT, 429 Thunderjet, C6, sh ackle flip in rear, 4" springs in front, 4.56 gears, f& r trac loc
Rockwell power tools were bulky, heavy, and lasted forever. They were owned by Delta, last I heard.

I used to have a 1937 Delta table saw. That bitch was cast iron, top to bottom. The table tilted, instead of the blade. The motor (oe) was listed as 3/4 hp, but it would rip 6x6s, all day long, and not slow down. I guess, in the 30's, 1 horsepower, was a Clydesdale horse, not a shetland pony!!
PJCHANNING likes this.
post #29 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-04-2010, 09:14 PM

Bronco Info: 92' Eddie Bauer, 72' Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyB View Post
Quick poll here........how many of you older guys here remember Rockwell power tools? Or even better, the Stanley's?

Wowch, thems were the days.....
I have a LOT of Stanley/Proto in my tool box, but it's all approx 15-30 years old. Some bought second hand (3/4 ratchet, breaker, sockets), some bequeathed (sp?) few auto specialty tools. Damn they dont make them like they used to.

And with electrical tools, I've ran away from Dewalt also. I still have one Milwaukee 1/2 inch chuck, plug in hand drill built here in the USA. Otherwise I've gone Bosch, at least it's euro trash instead of china crap.
PJCHANNING likes this.

92' Eddie Bauer: 4" lift, 351W w/ mods, Built E40D, Locked 8.8/LS D44 (The infrequent mall queen)

72' EB Sport: 4" lift w/ extended RA, 351w/Np435/D20 w/ 3.1 & Twin stick, LS 9" 4.10 gears/LS D44 from 76' Bronco (the now sold former garage queen)
post #30 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-05-2010, 12:06 AM

Bronco Info: 78 XLT, 429 Thunderjet, C6, sh ackle flip in rear, 4" springs in front, 4.56 gears, f& r trac loc
Last Porter Cable tool I bought, has "made in Taiwan" on it.
post #31 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-26-2010, 04:28 PM
I did all for the Nookie

Bronco Info: 89' Bronco 5.8l Variable Speed V8, Forward, Rev, Turns left, right, stops, and everything.
Garage
Worked neigbors 95 chevy 2500 the heater fan resistor had burnt out called the zone and found they were $1 cheaper with a lifetime warranty. Cool right?Nope got back to his house went to put it in and found out the connector is made backwards and will not work went to another store to exchange it and both the ones they had were backwards also. p/n: DR776 Advance had the part but it costed more and had a 1yr warranty. And yes I checked the year before just incase I had a odd one.

Master cylinder for 2000 Ford Taurus autozone P/N: M2732 cap has the wrong placement for the car.

351W, ZF5-47, BW1356, 10.25/D60
FOTM DEC. 2011
"Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati,"
When all else fails roll over and play dead.
post #32 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 12:08 AM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1989 XLT, 351W, C6 and 1994 XLT, 351W with E4OD
Everything I've purchased from Autozone has been junk. I did'nt know it was junk until I started using actual Motorcraft and Ford parts. A good example is the fan clutch. Bought one from Autozone made in China, put it on and it sounded like an airplane propeller when it kicked in. Got another one from NAPA which was built entirely different and it worked better. Over the weekend went to the yard, got a fairly new original Ford clutch and put it on.
OMG! what a huge difference! Also if you look at the fins on the original Ford part they are angled and there are lots more of them and the spacing seems to be consistent. If you look at the other junk make ones they are nothing like the original.
I could site more examples but you get the message.

Glayd
post #33 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 12:27 AM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1995 5.8 XLT, 2.5 inch Rough Country Lift, 33" BFG's, Ranch Extended R/A's, Punisher Valve Body.
MSD Coils.

No bum that can't speak poifect English oughta stay in this country...oughta be de-exported the hell outta here!"

-Archie Bunker

bron·co/ˈbräNGkō/
Noun:
A wild or half-tamed horse, esp. of the western US.
post #34 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 12:47 AM
Low Buck Bum

Bronco Info: Hoofin' it in some cheap OP's
Garage
Took my distributor to a machine shop today to have the PIP sensor replaced (I don't have a press). What should have cost me maybe $20 in labor ended up costing me $65 (plus an extra $30 for a "Made in USA" sensor) because the Echlin part I got at NAPA was poorly made and wouldn't fit. I ended up with a Standard sensor (which is made by the same damn company!~this one just happened to be an oldie that was sitting on the shelf at the machinists)... I've noticed that a lot of the stuff at NAPA has been slowly converting over to Chi-Com junk.

Echlin MP711
post #35 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 12:54 AM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1989 XLT, 351W, C6 and 1994 XLT, 351W with E4OD
Yep, you're right, I just looked at the fan clutch that I got from NAPA and it says the fooker is made in China.
post #36 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 07:46 AM

That's because NAPA started losing business to AutoZone and Advance. It was a matter of survival. If they did not switch over to "MAde in China" parts, they would have eventually gone out of business. It sucks, but I can't fault them for it. A national chain is not going to survive if only a small handful of people are willing to pay any price for "Made in USA" parts.
Go to NAPA's website and research your part/part # before you go into the store. A lot of the stuff they carry is still made here, but has to be ordered. Most stores won't stock them since they're priced higher. I can get "Made in USA" brake rotors for my truck still, but I have to order them. My store only stocks the Chinese line. If they quoted the "Made in USA" price to every customer that walked in the door, they'd walk right out and go two blocks down the street to AutoZone. Luckily I've been going to my local NAPA for years. The guys there know me and they know I don't purchase the Chinese crap unless it's a last resort. They always quote me for the good stuff first and tell me "I can have it for you tomorrow".

Quote:
post #37 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 02:01 PM
Low Buck Bum

Bronco Info: Hoofin' it in some cheap OP's
Garage
Oh, I'm still going to go to NAPA, I'm just going to be more careful on picking my parts! I've been a pretty loyal customer to them since I was tall enough to climb up onto the stools they had in front of the counter so I could play with the gear oil display (the one you would turn the handle and the gears would pull the oil up on them).

A really cool feature of NAPA's website is their order confirmation setup, I can confirm if the part is in stock, pay for it online, and get a phone call confirming that they pulled the part, all before I ever leave the house, like you said, I'm just going to have to really watch the branding, I would have never thought the Echlin brand would have gone Chi-Com.

P.S.~when I went into the store to return the part I got absolutely no B.S., I didn't even have my receipt on me! I'm still pissed about the whole thing, but at least I'm not angry like I was. Giving me my money back without any hassle went a long ways towards calming me down!
post #38 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 02:27 PM

That's what I like about NAPA. They're still franchised "mom & pop" stores where the owner has a personal stake when it comes to customer service. Unlike the chains that have a store manager and zombies that just don't give a rats a$$.

Quote:
post #39 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 05:53 AM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 96 Bronco XL 5.0 E4OD, Man Xfer/Hubs
Garage
yo,
Add one more
"Well folks it was the starter Solenoid. Third one in 5 days"; by scubachris
18 September 2011

and by Glayd here @ A Lesson Learned
09-11-2011
"I'm posting this so that hopefully others might learn from my headaches.

I've had my BKO about 7 months now and she was most likely used as a farm truck before I got it so she was pretty beat to hell. So I started fixing her up:
In the process of engine repairs, exhaust system and suspension I also did the following:

Went to Autozone and got a new water pump - It failed 2 months later -
Replaced it with one from NAPA

Went to Autozone and got a new fan clutch - sounded like a B52 bomber taking off when it kicked in - Replaced it with one from NAPA

Went to Autozone and got a new belt tensioner - the fooker sqeaked loudly-

Went to Autozone and got a new EGR solenoid - constant code 34/35 started showing up- Replaced it with one from NAPA

Went to Autozone and got a 195 degree thermostat that never opened

Finally recently got a smog pump from Autozone - constant squeaking

To make a long story short - in trying to save money I cost myself alot of time and headaches.

The moral of the story is - Don't buy the cheap arse Chinese made crap from Autozone. Even Pep Boys has better quality.

Since upgrading the quality of the parts I've been using to restore my BKO
I've probably gained 3 to 5 MPG, peace of mind, and a much smoother running engine.

Also in case anyone is wondering about the quality of JBG - I just installed my new rear drive shaft from JBG and the quality is great, vibration free, perfectly balanced and my BKO shifts and runs like a new truck.

Hope this is helpful to someone else..."

See my partially recovered Bronco web site ...Will need to clean up dead links & add many more new links some day. Thanks to Mr. Schwim!
THANKS to ALL WHO SERVE!
post #40 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 12:10 AM

Bronco Info: '87 SAS 12 inches on 35 SX'S on Beadlocks
Any altenators from Advance have been jusk for me at least.

Ford Bronco Forum > Other Forums > Anything Else

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode