post #81 of 107 (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 08:38 AM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 96 Bronco XL 5.0 E4OD, Man Xfer/Hubs
Garage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 107 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 07:19 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Just so you know the auto zone heater cores do not fit the inlet and out let's are too far apart. JBG ones do fit. 78 with factory a/c
by josh jarrell AUG 2014
heater blower fan? wheel squirrel cagecage

& NAPA said they had the part, so we took the existing unit with us and headed into town. Their squirrel cage was the wrong diameter, the wrong height, AND the wrong rotation! We ended up being able to save the old squirrel cage and put it on the new blower motor. by SDDL-UP JAN 2014

See my partially recovered Bronco web site ...Will need to clean up dead links & add many more new links some day. Thanks to Mr. Schwim!
THANKS to ALL WHO SERVE!
post #83 of 107 (permalink) Old 03-24-2015, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

Garage
yo,
MSD-6 by Sixlitre
"...I did have an MSD-6 on mine, that's what I'm basing these unscientific estimate on. The F#@*Ing thing spent more time in the mail back and forth to Texas so I just said enough and left it on the bench..."
ignition upgrade and timing bump (no 56K)

See my partially recovered Bronco web site ...Will need to clean up dead links & add many more new links some day. Thanks to Mr. Schwim!
THANKS to ALL WHO SERVE!
post #84 of 107 (permalink) Old 08-25-2015, 07:44 AM Thread Starter

Garage
yo,
a second bad brand new AutoZoneValucraft starter solenoid (relay)
by Cody8892000
1988 bronco solenoid problems.
08-23-2015,

THANKS to ALL WHO SERVE!
post #85 of 107 (permalink) Old 08-25-2015, 12:21 PM

Bronco Info: 1994 Bronco XLT 5.0 factory mass air
Napa's electrical parts are made by Echlin, and they're all garbage. I've replaced the brake light switch on my mom's Explorer at least seven times (I lost count). I finally replaced it with a Motorcraft one a few months ago; time will tell how much better it is. I've had distributor caps and rotors for my Accord that would corrode and fail after a few thousand miles, a blower motor resistor for my Ranger that lasted only a few years, cooling fan switch for my Accord that lasted almost exactly 2 years/14k miles, and since this is a Bronco site and all, a turn signal switch for my Bronco that was defective right out of the box. I will NEVER buy any Echlin parts ever again!

Also Napa's Master Ride chassis parts are junk. I bought a tie rod adjusting sleeve for my Bronco, and the thing started to bend and deform as I was torquing the bolts down to the proper torque spec. I returned it for a Napa Chassis Part (NCP) sleeve and it's much better. I also have to replace the lower ball joints on my Accord because the Master Ride ones I installed 22k miles ago are already loose! In my experience, the NCP stuff is great quality and I've used many NCP parts. But Master Ride is junk.
445 FE Bronco and wyatt earp like this.
post #86 of 107 (permalink) Old 08-25-2015, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

Garage
yo exranger,

Thanks for the info!

I get my Ford parts via AMAZON; they are VG at delvy and esp pricing; I bought a $150.00 DPFE Sensor for $50.00 with free shipping and no state sales tax; same for the IAC sensor.

THANKS to ALL WHO SERVE!
post #87 of 107 (permalink) Old 05-06-2016, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Yo,

4. Finally got EGR, EVP, EVR system to stop throwing codes (after 3 oreilly EVRs!)
by cow in 91 Bronco 5.8

THANKS to ALL WHO SERVE!
post #88 of 107 (permalink) Old 05-22-2016, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Yo,
Heater Core in an 86
Well it's end of the day and what a disaster, Pep Boys Heater Core product is aluminum but the Mfg they're using has CHANGED THE DESIGN as thier standard product and it doesn't fit into the plastic HC box under the dash. The OEM original style has the 2 little humps on top with tubes and no go there today...I got a full refund and went to Kragen/O'Reilly's and low and behold they've done the same thing so that one didn't fit either ......
I had to order the correct one for a few dollars more but it won't be here until next so I put the old one back in.......which I'll use as a spare......when I get it fixed.....

I decided to check Napa and it looks like they have the correct one for around $28.99 + geeeze I spent from 7 a.m. until around 2:30 pm screwing around with this thing........PITA......

THANKS to ALL WHO SERVE!
post #89 of 107 (permalink) Old 05-22-2016, 02:47 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1978 Round headlight, 351M,C6, 9", 44/1991, 445 FE, t19, 205, Dana 60/70, MAF, Moet's
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by miesk5 View Post
Yo,
Heater Core in an 86
Well it's end of the day and what a disaster, Pep Boys Heater Core product is aluminum but the Mfg they're using has CHANGED THE DESIGN as thier standard product and it doesn't fit into the plastic HC box under the dash. The OEM original style has the 2 little humps on top with tubes and no go there today...I got a full refund and went to Kragen/O'Reilly's and low and behold they've done the same thing so that one didn't fit either ......
I had to order the correct one for a few dollars more but it won't be here until next so I put the old one back in.......which I'll use as a spare......when I get it fixed.....

I decided to check Napa and it looks like they have the correct one for around $28.99 + geeeze I spent from 7 a.m. until around 2:30 pm screwing around with this thing........PITA......
Are they all aluminum now? I know aluminum is more effiecient but does not do last as long.
post #90 of 107 (permalink) Old 05-22-2016, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Yo 445,
I know MOTORCRAFT HC7 E9TZ18476B has an Aluminum Core

RockAuto Mobile Catalog

Google for better price.
Confirm E9TZ18476B number with local dealer
On line shows;
https://www.bluespringsfordparts.com...nco-parts.html
E7TZ18476A - Heater core
standard

THANKS to ALL WHO SERVE!
post #91 of 107 (permalink) Old 05-22-2016, 03:21 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1978 Round headlight, 351M,C6, 9", 44/1991, 445 FE, t19, 205, Dana 60/70, MAF, Moet's
Garage
The one in my Bronco is aluminum. Not sure if it is original? Probably all that is available I am sure, at least the replacements do not have plastic tanks too. I guess I am just old, they used to be copper and brass back in the day LOL.
post #92 of 107 (permalink) Old 06-09-2016, 11:53 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Yo,
Subject part is Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS), also called Anti-Lock Brake Sensor (ABS), or Differential Speed Sensor (DSS) on 8.8 (rear differential) .
Many pics!!!

"i installed a motorcraft speed sensor today (DY1123). i drove it all day today with numerous stops. i tried to make it fail by playing with the overdrive switch. it seems as though it was my failure by not buying a motorcraft sensor to begin with. i think the truck is fixed. shame on me for trusting BWD, i suppose. but also, shame on all parts stores for failing to list a speed sensor from motorcraft for my car!
to my defense, there was no motorcraft number listed for my car at any of the parts stores.
what i find most interesting is a potential indication of WHY the motorcraft is better, other than the labeling. below are pics of all three sensors next to each other. the difference seems to be in the size of the magnet/sensor in the motorcraft compared to the BWD part.
also, good on oreilly's for happily giving me a refund on the two BWD parts."

by dash_cam in a 96 @ how to pull ocdes on e4od

THANKS to ALL WHO SERVE!

Last edited by miesk5; 06-09-2016 at 12:19 PM. Reason: sPAllAng
post #93 of 107 (permalink) Old 07-12-2016, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
yo,
Idle Air Control Valve defective by 86beast
Stalling, EVP and SPOUT codes
Seller: AutoZone
Part Manufacture Description: Duralast
Part Number: TV201
Price: $59.99
Warranty: Limited Lifetime (90 days)
Image:

THANKS to ALL WHO SERVE!
post #94 of 107 (permalink) Old 07-18-2016, 05:05 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Yo,
Mikey350 wrote on 18 July, 2016, "In 2011/2012, on my '94, I replaced my IAC four times before getting a good one, three times from one auto parts place(Glendale Auto - $44) (10/8/2011, 10/17/2011 twice), and then a fourth from a different store (O'Reilly's - $68) (1/12/2012). On 7/11/2012, I finally got a Motorcraft CX1666 that I found on the web (Amazon I think), that one has been fine for the last four years, I paid $43.17 total. The Motorcraft was not more expensive, but the quality seems to have been a lot better.
Pay your money of take your chances, you might be lucky - good luck"

THANKS to ALL WHO SERVE!
post #95 of 107 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 12:18 AM

Bronco Info: 1990 XLT 5.0, AODE, K&N Hot Air Intake, Motorsport Headers, 3" Dynomax Exhaust
When I was in high school I worked at the Al's Auto Supply warehouse. A local chain with 14 stores carrying as many USA made parts as possible. The were bought out by Schuck's Auto a regional chain with 200 stores but still carrying mostly quality USA parts. The end of that was Oreilly buying Schuck's and several other regional chains in the US. It's the same business model that Walmart, Home Depot and others use to kill small businesses and sometimes entire towns.

As a mechanic I used to buy exclusively from NAPA without any issue and didn't have to specify that the "good" parts be sent.

Nowadays my only choice for decent parts is Motorcraft, be it from Ford, Amazon or Rockauto. The days of just running down to the corner AP store are over and thanks to Washington's warehouse tax, the part I need is always in Oregon!

My next rant will be on the demise of the local speed shops...

"I can't say that a '90 is going to change your mind about Fords... That era of truck isn't known for exceptional reliability or simplicity of maintenance" Steve83
post #96 of 107 (permalink) Old 08-03-2016, 10:23 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Yo,
NYFSB wrote on 3 August 2016;
"Spark Plug Wires BWD/NIEHOFF CH8844D
I just tried to install spark plug wires that I purchased from Rock Auto. The problem is that 1 wire was way to short and I could not use it. Buyer beware, Rock only has a 30 day return policy. I purchased these like 3 months ago and just got around to installing them. I would not purchase the wires even though they show up as a fit on Rock Auto's site: BWD/NIEHOFF CH8844D"
See pics @ Spark Plug Wires BWD/NIEHOFF CH8844D

THANKS to ALL WHO SERVE!
post #97 of 107 (permalink) Old 08-08-2016, 11:00 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Yo,
SigEpBlue wrote on 03-25-2009, in Reply to post by convoy "Is Cardone and A-1 Cardone different? All the complaints about the cheap distributors from Autozone are Cardone, but the Napa Distributor (which most agree is a good choice) is a A-1 Cardone?"

"That's a darn good question. IMHO, I think AutoBone is trying to undercut their competition and has some sort of agreement with Cardone to sell cheaper & inferior parts, hoping the customers won't notice.

For instance, on the FOUR DISTRIBUTORS I went through trying to get a working one from AutoBone, the PIP wiring was very flimsy and thin compared to the one I ended up getting from NAPA (which worked on the very first try, btw). The NAPA distributor's PIP is beefy, like the original one, but came in almost the same box.

Something's going on, that's for sure. This wouldn't be the first time AutoBone did this, either. A similar scam, which never came to pass thank God, was proposed with some of Tenneco's products such as Monroe shocks and struts."
Distributor Poll...decisons decisions.
wyatt earp likes this.

THANKS to ALL WHO SERVE!
post #98 of 107 (permalink) Old 08-08-2016, 09:22 PM

Bronco Info: 1995 XLT 5.8 .040 Roller Cam X heads JBA headers 4" Skyjacker 33s 4:11s L/S rear Tru Trac front E4OD
Ive had horrible luck with NAPA distributors, the electronics are crap. NAPA used to be the quality alternative to Motorcraft, but now they sell the same chinese crap as Vatozone, and O'Criellys. Recently while rebuilding my 95, I tried 3 Napa alternators, all failed. Settled on an ebay 3G 130A by Delco Remy. Awesome alternator! 2 O'reilly power steering pumps both squealed like stuck pigs, right out of the box. Solved with a motorcraft PS pump. Water pumps, the Gates brand, sold by all the parts stores, is crap. Even the motorcraft that is Chinese, is way better. Anything by Dorman is Chinese junk. I made the mistake of buying a Dorman harmonic damper. Big mistake, and now I am losing the main bearings. I should have noticed it sooner, but I didn't, my bad. So I have parked it until I have more time this winter. Anyway, I hate NAPA and all the other parts chain stores, and I have been stocking up on the Motorcraft necessities like IAC and VSS etc. since I have two 96 F250s with the 460 and my 95 Bronco.
post #99 of 107 (permalink) Old 08-12-2016, 11:34 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Yo,
Posted by Wolfgangpeanut 02-20-2008
"the problem is the ignition coil, which is weird becuase this makes my FOURTH one ive replaced in about 300 total miles. im not sure if its poor manufacturing because i keep going with the 20 dollar autozone ones..."
Looking For EEC Relay On A 1985 FullSize Bronco

THANKS to ALL WHO SERVE!
post #100 of 107 (permalink) Old 08-17-2016, 12:18 AM
House of Windsor 4ever!

Bronco Info: 79 Ranchero GT/97 Eddie Bauer Exploder 5.0 AWD
Garage
This is sort of a hijack, owing to the fact it isn't a defective part, as such; but I have a DS-II dizzy, tag #D9AE-12127-PA, and I may have pulled it off a van 351W, but I cannot remember (been at least 15 years now), and I've tried googling it, to no avail, then inputting the number on Official Ford Parts Site | Buy Motorcraft & OEM Ford Parts Online | FordParts.com, with no luck. I really didn't want to start a new thread for this, so if I'm hijacking, I apologize in advance. Where can I find a website that tells me what vehicle and/or engine (engine, mainly) this came from?

Ford Bronco Forum > Other Forums > Anything Else

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode