LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 103 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 96 Bronco XL 5.0 E4OD, Man Xfer/Hubs
Garage
Defective Parts Listing

yo gang!
Feel free to add!
Why did I leave ANCO brand? WHY???? WHY??? lol
because the locals (within 20 miles) don't carry it anymore and I got lazed out...
NAPA Storm Vision WS Blade Review; "...; made in China. At $1.00, I bit and got bitten back BADLY. yeah.. It did not hook onto to the arm's Hook-slot CONNECTOR because it is too Wide (see Review below by DVE); this is why NAPA is selling 3 blades w/refill for a price cheaper than a Texas Made Trico brand REFILL..."
Source: by miesk5 at FSB

Here is a neat blade/refill Review (in a Saab, but relevant)
Source: by DVE37 at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2363586/9

ANCO...refills... not even close now. They used to fit perfectly... now it's more garbage from China. Adv Auto Parts Manager said none of the Chinese crap fits and walked over and gave me the Rain X Blades for free because it was snowing and he was p***ed because he saw me outside trying to get the ANCOs on.
===============

Ignition Cylinder Made in China Does Not Fit; bought @ AZ and Kragenby redneckcad

=======
----------
Non-Bronco:
wheel bearings for a JD RX 75 riding mower that are made in China and do NOT fit or come close to the specs. Local JD dealer pulled em off after we danced around for a week 3 yrs ago. The JD Store owner pulled out 23 wheel bearings; those made in China were off so much that they couldn't be pressed on the shaft... a few older bearings by Fafnir were right on Specs; oh yeah the Chinese forgot to add the zerk .. as for tires...LOL!...a pal wrote "the tires were actually about one inch narrower than a Carlisle tire with same tread and specs. The tires didnt even have a name on them, just "China" ..."
====

See my partially recovered Bronco web site ...Will need to clean up dead links & add many more new links some day. Thanks to Mr. Schwim!
THANKS to ALL WHO SERVE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 103 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 02:30 PM
Biebs Ain't BabyDaddy!

Bronco Info: '96 w/ 351, '93 w/ 302
I've always been wondering, miesk, your posts are always formatted the same. Are you a computer? An android? Or some other form of artificial intelligence?

‎"In our age there is no such thing as 'keeping out of politics.' All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred and schizophrenia."
-George Orwell
post #3 of 103 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 02:33 PM
Kitteh Commandaar!

Bronco Info: 2006 F150 Lariet 4x4 ECSB - 5.4 Trition
: Sorry, couldn't help it.

However, good post man : Always tryin to help :

KC

My Supermotors PageMy vehicles:
DD - Truck: 2006 Ford F150 Lariet, Ext. Cab, 5.4, Auto, 105K
Truck: 1995 Ford F150, Ext. Cab, 5.0L, 5sp, 189k miles, 4x4, 31" Trailblazer Mud Terrains - currently broken
post #4 of 103 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 04:06 PM
My Bronco Isn't My Only

Bronco Info: 1988 Ford Bronco 302 AOD|1993 Ford F-150 302 E4OD
Quote:
Originally Posted by loarmistead View Post
I've always been wondering, miesk, your posts are always formatted the same. Are you a computer? An android? Or some other form of artificial intelligence?
C:/DOS
C:/DOS/RUN
RUN/DOS/RUN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-man View Post
I dont' care about gas mileage. I am broke as hell, and I will STILL drive my gas guzzlin, smog pollutin FSB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballdude902 View Post
the only way to say goodbye to a bronco is a viking style ceremonial burning. climb inside, lock the doors, turn on stair way to heaven and light a match.
post #5 of 103 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 04:14 PM

Bronco Info: 1995 5.8 EB
Radius arm bushing from Oriellys are really bad. Just a couple of really hard pieces of plastic that do not compress at all.

This guy, Part Number K8359
post #6 of 103 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 05:00 PM

Bronco Info: 1994 Bronco 5.0 liter e4od factory MAF, 130 amp 3g, auxillary transmission filter and cooler.
-gp sorenson speed sensor for 94 bronco, its a part 94s didnt even have.

-the fuel level senders on chevy trailblazers. common fail part. whole electronic part is exposed directly to liquid and vapor gasoline. 120$ replaement price.

My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/pfun41#p/a
The going get tough, the tough get debt
Don't pay attention, pay the rent
Next of kins pay for your sins
A little faith should keep us safe
post #7 of 103 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 06:14 PM
RBV Abuser, F/S user

Bronco Info: 84 BII, 90 Ranger, 94 "X", 87 F150
NON OEM Ford TFI modules dumping anywhere from right out of the box to maybe 3 months later... ( Sorsen comes to mind WAY too quickly )
post #8 of 103 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 06:30 PM

Bronco Info: 92' Eddie Bauer, 72' Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfun41 View Post
-gp sorenson speed sensor for 94 bronco, its a part 94s didnt even have.

-the fuel level senders on chevy trailblazers. common fail part. whole electronic part is exposed directly to liquid and vapor gasoline. 120$ replaement price.

-any gm vehicle
Any Gm in tank fuel pump from early 90's on. Seems like they die every 2 years no matter where the source. OEM and aftermarket is junk.

92' Eddie Bauer: 4" lift, 351W w/ mods, Built E40D, Locked 8.8/LS D44 (The infrequent mall queen)

72' EB Sport: 4" lift w/ extended RA, 351w/Np435/D20 w/ 3.1 & Twin stick, LS 9" 4.10 gears/LS D44 from 76' Bronco (the now sold former garage queen)
post #9 of 103 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 06:32 PM

Bronco Info: 92' Eddie Bauer, 72' Sport
Also Duralast TPS sensors for our Bronco's went through 4 in 3 years.
86beast likes this.

92' Eddie Bauer: 4" lift, 351W w/ mods, Built E40D, Locked 8.8/LS D44 (The infrequent mall queen)

72' EB Sport: 4" lift w/ extended RA, 351w/Np435/D20 w/ 3.1 & Twin stick, LS 9" 4.10 gears/LS D44 from 76' Bronco (the now sold former garage queen)
post #10 of 103 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 08:19 PM
F.O.T.M. - MAY 2014!!!

Bronco Info: 88 FSB. 4.9l -T18-BW1356-33" MTs-Warn hubs Daystar leveling kit
The tailgate motors from autozone have the bolt holes 1/8 off so they don't fit. I went to 3 stores and all of them have this new plastic body.

Sliding rear windows, GT roll bar, Cargo net and looking for other rare options. 4.10 gears LSD 33" MTs First ever Stock Fullsize of the Month...
J A S N http://www.supermotors.net/registry/19528
post #11 of 103 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 08:25 PM
not banned

Bronco Info: 82 XLT Lariat, 351W, C6, NP208, 4.56:1, 37x13.5s, all sheet metal replaced
power steering line on 60s mustangs. checker auto. sux!!

Where we go one, we go all.
Mickaila's Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwagon View Post
I guess most of our members are just WEB WHEELERs and dont need public land?
post #12 of 103 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 08:42 PM

Bronco Info: 1994 Bronco 5.0 liter e4od factory MAF, 130 amp 3g, auxillary transmission filter and cooler.
dorman HELP window regulator plugs. gone through two sets, second is still in there. they deform and allow the motor to keep spinning after the window is all the way up or down. really annoying.

post #13 of 103 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 08:56 PM

Bronco Info: 1995 Bronco XLT, 351w, True duals, Getting cleaned up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WuTang View Post
C:/DOS
C:/DOS/RUN
RUN/DOS/RUN!
wrong slash

'05 RCSB GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3l /// '95 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8l[/center]
post #14 of 103 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 09:16 PM

C:\DOS\
C:\DOS\RUN.EXE
INITIALIZING....................
GETFILE MIESK5\THREADS\PARTS\
SETTITLE "YO"

post #15 of 103 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 10:52 PM
My Bronco Isn't My Only

Bronco Info: 1988 Ford Bronco 302 AOD|1993 Ford F-150 302 E4OD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazmo View Post
wrong slash
I copy and pasted it without even checking it

Couldn't remember the joke exactly so I just Googled it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-man View Post
I dont' care about gas mileage. I am broke as hell, and I will STILL drive my gas guzzlin, smog pollutin FSB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballdude902 View Post
the only way to say goodbye to a bronco is a viking style ceremonial burning. climb inside, lock the doors, turn on stair way to heaven and light a match.
post #16 of 103 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 12:20 AM
Cleaning the trails

Bronco Info: 96 Forest Service Retired 188K original miles on the odometer and still going strong
Duralast lifetime brake pads. They wear out in 5000 -7000 miles. Becomes a pain to change them out. They are cheap ($30), bot not worth the hassle to ahve to go through a brake job every 3-4 months

Looking for So Cal West Coast AAT Volunteers
96 Fed Gov't Surplus 5.8L XL 4" BDS Lift
KI6FGI 146.520
post #17 of 103 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 06:17 AM Thread Starter

Garage
HELLO!

yo,

Fake parts reportedly cost Ford $1BFigure detailed for U.S. Chamber study the first time an automaker has put a price tag on burgeoning problem.
January 22 2007: 8:35 AM EST

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Counterfeit auto parts are costing Ford Motor Co. $1 billion a year, according to a published report.

The Detroit News said that Ford (Charts) will report that figure Wednesday as part of a U.S. Chamber of Commerce study on the problem of counterfeit goods for U.S. businesses. The paper says that it is the first time an automaker has released a cost estimate for the extent of the problem.

Counterfeits get more realistic
The paper also reports that counterfeit auto parts have become a $12 billion problem worldwide, with $3 billion in phony auto parts sales in the United States.

The paper says Ford not only loses money on sales of legitimate parts, but counterfeit parts also cost the company money through warranty repairs when it has to replace faulty parts that make it onto their vehicles.

"That ($1 billion) figure is probably light," Joe Wiegand, Ford's global brand protection manager, told the paper.

The News reports that the Chamber of Commerce study will also look at counterfeiting problems for office equipment maker Xerox (Charts), drugmaker Merck (Charts), privately held athletic shoe maker New Balance and Bendix, an auto supplier.

Ford competitor General Motors (Charts) did not put a cost estimate on the extent of the problem for that company. The paper reports that GM has seized more than $250 million in counterfeit auto parts in the past two decades, shutting down hundreds of counterfeiting operations.

=====

Good stuff guys! thanks

See my partially recovered Bronco web site ...Will need to clean up dead links & add many more new links some day. Thanks to Mr. Schwim!
THANKS to ALL WHO SERVE!
post #18 of 103 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 06:19 AM Thread Starter

Garage
How do I know if a part is counterfeit?

Unfortunately, our high quality breeds a lot of imitation. Every Ford Part is stamped with the Blue Oval or Motorcraft® brand so that you know it’s authentic. If a part you received does not have one of those stamps, then it’s not a Ford Part.

What do I do if I suspect I have a counterfeit part?

Ford Motor Company takes the reputation and legality of its parts very seriously. If you suspect you've received a fake Ford Part – one in Genuine Parts or Motorcraft® packaging that is not stamped with the Blue Oval or Motorcraft® brand – we’d greatly appreciate knowing about it. Information will be reviewed and handled discreetly and professionally by a trained Ford Motor Company representative. Visit fordbrandprotection.com for more information.

http://fordbrandprotection.com/image...h/examples.swf

THANKS to ALL WHO SERVE!
post #19 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 05:33 PM
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A

Bronco Info: '87 XLT, new crate 5.0, rebuilt AOD, new 31"s, new Warn Premiums, all stock w/125K original miles
I'm batting around .750 on Harbor Freight air compressor fittings. Just found a 5 pack of them (male quick connects) a minute ago that just will not go into my female couplers.............
post #20 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyB View Post
I'm batting around .750 on Harbor Freight air compressor fittings. Just found a 5 pack of them (male quick connects) a minute ago that just will not go into my female couplers.............
That's because they make different sizes and you got the wrong ones.

Never Forgotten:
1st Lt. Brandon Barrett KIA May 05, 2010
Sgt. Josh Deforges KIA May 12, 2010

Ford Bronco Forum > Other Forums > Anything Else

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode