Beware of ccr_05 on eBay - Page 2 - Ford Bronco Forum
 47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 03:05 PM
Harley's & Bronco's FTW!

Bronco Info: '95 XLT, 5.8/E4OD/MassAir/6" lift/4.56's/35x12.5 BFG AT-KO2
Garage
I'm not generally a fan of "one post wonders", popping in the forum to make a single comment and never be seen again... but that looks like some very useful info.
if this guy is right and the case is current... you might consider getting ahold of the Asotin County Sheriff's Office and jumping in on that. Sounds like you won't get jack but also sounds like he's not the type to come after you (jailed or not). You could at least get the satisfaction of helping to put a known scumbag where he belongs.

sounds like a meth-head to me.
445 FE Bronco and HCodi like this.

"When life throws you a curve... LEAN INTO IT!"

SuperMotors - Since 2002
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 03:40 PM
Forward Some Money

Bronco Info: '89 Bronco, 5.8, MAF, Summit shorties, Bassani SS, AOD, Tru-trac posi, Stocker
Agree with BP. I would do everything I could to get him charged criminally. Theft by deception is probably close.

Word of caution, don't threaten him with criminal action in hopes of a better outcome if you go after him civilly. I'd do both.

Ebay should boot this guy. I'd try that too. His feedback is very low.

Also, I would see if you can find out if he's registered as a car dealer. Generally after a certain number of vehicles, you have to be registered. That could be made an issue. Might even be worthy of a call to the IRS.
445 FE Bronco and HCodi like this.

Click HERE to visit my frame-off NOS restoration thread.

Photobucket Album ....and a crap load of pictures....
post #23 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 03:50 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1978 Round headlight, 351M,C6, 9", 44/1991, 445 FE, t19, 205, Dana 60/70, MAF, Moet's
Garage
Kinda related story, i listed parts on Craigs List and got calls like are they sitting outside, whats your address so i can come look at the wheels and tires. Eh yeah i got a dog and my buddy is a county sherriff who lives next door, click goes the phone on the other end.
post #24 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 04:13 PM

Bronco Info: 1996 EB, 351w, basically stock. 1981 custom 351m, long gone.
Garage
I hope the best for you and i generally try to be optimistic, but that doesn't sound like something that's going to end well for you.

I think a civil suit will probably be your only recourse.
HCodi likes this.

it's fun to do bad things

my "build" thread
post #25 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 04:32 PM
Forward Some Money

Bronco Info: '89 Bronco, 5.8, MAF, Summit shorties, Bassani SS, AOD, Tru-trac posi, Stocker
Quote:
Originally Posted by 445 FE Bronco View Post
Kinda related story, i listed parts on Craigs List and got calls like are they sitting outside, whats your address so i can come look at the wheels and tires. Eh yeah i got a dog and my buddy is a county sherriff who lives next door, click goes the phone on the other end.
I sell on CL all the time. I won't let people come here. I meet them at a local well-lighted gas station......even to just look. Sometimes it's a pita, but most time it works well....unless it's a huge item.

I wear my S&W in either case.
jopes, dash_cam and 445 FE Bronco like this.

Click HERE to visit my frame-off NOS restoration thread.

Photobucket Album ....and a crap load of pictures....
post #26 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 07:43 PM

The information I posted is all public record. The part dated 2003 is a news paper article written by the Lewiston Morning Tribune, all Washington state court records are public, google WA state court records and do a name search. Do the same for Idaho google Idaho repository.

I spent a lot of time and money chasing this scumbag. He has nothing to lose or take.
HCodi likes this.
post #27 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 08:34 PM

Bronco Info: 1979 Ranger XLT/ Free Wheeling
Garage
What a crap deal. Whenever I sell something I tend to be over critical of it, I hate for someone to feel like they got stuck with my POS.

I looked your truck on eBay because I was selling mine, looked like a nice rig. Sorry it turned sour...
HCodi likes this.

1979 Bronco Ranger XLT
post #28 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 11:22 PM

Bronco Info: 96 White Sport EFI 466 MAF/OBD-II, D60/D70, 38's, 96 White EB-King Ranch'd w/ 4" on 33's
I'm sorry to hear your story. I know its after the fact but if you ever find yourself again looking for a quality Bronco with no shenanigans involved, PM me. Did you happen to ask the opinion of its condition to any members on here? Perhaps one of them could have inspected it for you for a nominal fee. Your apart of this forum, take advantage of its resources and geo-graphics.
BikerPepe` and HCodi like this.

1996 Wht Sport MAF/OBD II 466-1995 Blk XLT 351
SOLD
1996 PG EB 351-1996 Wht EB 351-1996 Wht Sport 351-1994 Wht Sport 351
1996 MB EB, KR Interior 302-1996 Wht EB 351, 3" BL, 33's-1996 PG EB 351
1996 Wht/Tan XLT 351w-1996 PG EB 351-1996 Black Sport 408w, SAS, 40's
1995 Blk EB 351-1996 MB EB 351, 6", 35's-1996 Wht Sport 351-1996 PG EB 351
1996 M EB, 302, SAS D44-1995 Blk Sport-1990 302, M5OD, 3" BL, 33s
1996 Wht EB 351-1993 G EB 357w-1978 XLT 351m-1971 Sport, 331w, 4.5", 35's
post #29 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 11:53 PM
Eric

Bronco Info: '88 Bronco XLT, 5.0L, AOD, 33's
Reading this story made the back of my neck get warm.

1.) He put your lives in danger.
2.) He ripped you off.
3.) He, very nearly, destroyed your good record through his actions.
4.) He has done this before and will, very likely, do it again.

I know what I'd do. Everyone has something to lose.
post #30 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 10:43 AM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1978 Round headlight, 351M,C6, 9", 44/1991, 445 FE, t19, 205, Dana 60/70, MAF, Moet's
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by j. r. Nice View Post
I sell on CL all the time. I won't let people come here. I meet them at a local well-lighted gas station......even to just look. Sometimes it's a pita, but most time it works well....unless it's a huge item.

I wear my S&W in either case.
I sold a entire Jeep Wrangler in parts and that went well, also sold an Explorer but a neighbor bought that that I did not know. You just cant trust anyone anymore, used to be a handshake was gold and you didn't have to worry about getting robbed that night, maybe I am just old and nieve.
deathmobile2 and DS11 like this.
post #31 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 11:09 AM
Retired Staff

Bronco Info: 79 Bronco
Same scum I bought this truck from. "Oh yes it has a D60 front" when I got it the truck had a 44.

BikerPepe` likes this.
post #32 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1978 Ford Bronco Ranger XLT 400M V8 6.6L
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makofisher47 View Post
Adam Largent is a well known eBay scammer, he has been at this for 15 years. He has nothing to take, no credit to ruin, numerous judgements against him, felony record including many types of theft to domestic violence to child abuse. He has no dealer license to take, he avoids prosecution due to he does delivery the vehicle, so all these complaints fall under civil statutes. I hired a PI to get more info on him, he is basically a 38 year old Jersey Shore reject hooked on steroids with a crappy H2 Hummer (in someone else's name) with no assets. There are several pages dedicated to him on the FTE Ford Forum...
Thank you for your information makofisher. I found that article on the Lewiston Tribune somewhere online, but I didn't know the extend of the charges he had faced. May I ask, what relationship you had with Adam? Did he sell you a truck or parts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadawgz71 View Post
I'm sorry to hear your story. I know its after the fact but if you ever find yourself again looking for a quality Bronco with no shenanigans involved, PM me. Did you happen to ask the opinion of its condition to any members on here? Perhaps one of them could have inspected it for you for a nominal fee. Your apart of this forum, take advantage of it resources and geo-graphics.
Thank you gadawgz71, I didn't think of that, thats a great suggestion, I should have asked if anybody from Idaho could go and inspect it before purchasing it. Are you a dealer? If this one doesn't turn out what I was expecting I will be looking for another one for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver70 View Post
Reading this story made the back of my neck get warm.

1.) He put your lives in danger.
2.) He ripped you off.
3.) He, very nearly, destroyed your good record through his actions.
4.) He has done this before and will, very likely, do it again.

I know what I'd do. Everyone has something to lose.
Thanks for your words, I am considering it.

Thank you everyone for your support. It makes me feel better that there are good people out there and this forum has proven to be incredibly useful, so happy to have joined it.

1978 Ford Bronco XLT

Everything in the 70's was so much better!

Visit my built thread here!
post #33 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 12:17 PM

Bronco Info: 1996, 351W, E4OD, BFG 33x12.5 KM2, 15x10 Pro Comp, D44/8.8 3.55LS, JBG Level Kit, (6) ES9000 Shocks
Wow, 20 years in Prison for being a PRICK. Sounds about right.

HCodi,

Sorry for what you're going thru. Being that you're in L.A., when you get your Rig all set up, or need help with it, let me know so we can hit some local trails.

Good Luck Brother!
HCodi likes this.

"I mean, it had a little growl to it, GROWL?? That was an exhaust leak." - PhantomWorks

post #34 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 08:06 PM

Bronco Info: (4)78/79 Bronco, 1979 F150 Supercab 4x4, 1977 F250 Highboy
Hcodi, Dang it man I feel your pain. I was screwed twice now on Broncos and one was big time on eBay. I called the owner and talked to him several times. Somewhere here is the story of the " Colorado nightmare" I tried twice to have a shipper pick up the truck and both times the owner said no he couldn't be there at the time the shipper would be. Then the owner said he had a Brother and SIL that would trailer the truck here for an additional $500. It was going to be $900 through the shipper so I said great! I paid through PayPal, but I needed to get him $$$ for the shipping right away as these two were going to head for Florida and would be dropping the truck as side trip on the way. I sent the $500 western union and then everything stopped. After two weeks I called the Denver sheriffs department since it was across state lines it was a federal crime. A few days later I was able to contact the owner and he told me the truck was stolen, the extra rims and tires were gone along with the plow and that there had been a fire. The truck was at a tiny shop way up in the mountains West of Denver and he gave me the address.eBay screwed me because there is/was a difference in the ebay/PayPal claim times. eBay said it had to 45 days and PayPal was 30 days. By the time I found out that they weren't the same claim I was told too bad. Another dozen calls to the owner and no answers I called Denver PD and was told the guy is a known Meth dealer and had been incarcerated a couple days prior. It was insane. The guy had sent me a title right away so I thought everything was legit. The VIN on the title matched the add, but that was all. The truck had the front clip caved in, the engine was burned, rust free it was not. etc etc.. It didn't even run when I made trip to get it. After getting home and working on it for a couple weeks I got it to run and the cam was wiped and the mains and rod bearing were junk. I still have it and I ain't getting rid of it until it's back on the road. It's just how I am. Good luck with yours. If it has the stuff on it you want and the color is appealing then make it yours. Someday it might sell for half of what you got in it, but it will always be worth more than you paid if you know what I mean. I have never again dropped another dime on a vehicle unless I was in front of it. There are $h!tbags everywhere and it's ashame many of us have to learn the hard way.
Swamp
BikerPepe` and HCodi like this.
post #35 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-04-2016, 12:02 AM
Harley's & Bronco's FTW!

Bronco Info: '95 XLT, 5.8/E4OD/MassAir/6" lift/4.56's/35x12.5 BFG AT-KO2
Garage
there's a lesson to be learned here about giving strangers money for things you haven't put your hands on.

been ripped off by strangers, been ripped off by friends and been ripped off by family.
I learned a long time ago that those of us that are honorable, are the exception and not the rule.
silver70, Cobra07 and HCodi like this.

"When life throws you a curve... LEAN INTO IT!"

SuperMotors - Since 2002
post #36 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-04-2016, 02:42 PM

HCODI

I'm just another victim of this scammer. I bought a pickup years ago from him, same story as everyone else. I tired to go after him through the criminal and civil arena. Unfortunately, there is nothing to take. Stand in line behind dozens of creditors with existing judgements, he dupes girls into legally owning any asset he dpes have, which is minimal.

I could not find a "legal" option to get anything done. He has lived his entire life this way, one scam to the next, beating women and kids along the way. I found over 100 cases from traffic to felony theft. He is just not important enough to law enforcement to earn serious time.
deathmobile2 likes this.
post #37 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-05-2016, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
Fullsize Member

Garage
Thanks Makofisher,

It is unfortunate to hear all this and I am so sorry you had to go through it. I can't understand how some people live this way and make a living.

I have met another person like this before, it was someone who scammed my parents when they bought a house from him by not completing the construction and then disappearing. We found out later that he had multiple cases like that and multiple criminal charges. In the end, he didn't have anything under his name so even tho the case was so clear in favor to my parents they ended up loosing. And they paid thousands of dollars to lawyers and even more to complete the construction of the house.

1978 Ford Bronco XLT

post #38 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-05-2016, 10:04 PM Thread Starter
Fullsize Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
Hcodi, Dang it man I feel your pain. I was screwed twice now on Broncos and one was big time on eBay. I called the owner and talked to him several times. Somewhere here is the story of the " Colorado nightmare" I tried twice to have a shipper pick up the truck and both times the owner said no he couldn't be there at the time the shipper would be. Then the owner said he had a Brother and SIL that would trailer the truck here for an additional $500. It was going to be $900 through the shipper so I said great! I paid through PayPal, but I needed to get him $$$ for the shipping right away as these two were going to head for Florida and would be dropping the truck as side trip on the way. I sent the $500 western union and then everything stopped. After two weeks I called the Denver sheriffs department since it was across state lines it was a federal crime. A few days later I was able to contact the owner and he told me the truck was stolen, the extra rims and tires were gone along with the plow and that there had been a fire. The truck was at a tiny shop way up in the mountains West of Denver and he gave me the address.eBay screwed me because there is/was a difference in the ebay/PayPal claim times. eBay said it had to 45 days and PayPal was 30 days. By the time I found out that they weren't the same claim I was told too bad. Another dozen calls to the owner and no answers I called Denver PD and was told the guy is a known Meth dealer and had been incarcerated a couple days prior. It was insane. The guy had sent me a title right away so I thought everything was legit. The VIN on the title matched the add, but that was all. The truck had the front clip caved in, the engine was burned, rust free it was not. etc etc.. It didn't even run when I made trip to get it. After getting home and working on it for a couple weeks I got it to run and the cam was wiped and the mains and rod bearing were junk. I still have it and I ain't getting rid of it until it's back on the road. It's just how I am. Good luck with yours. If it has the stuff on it you want and the color is appealing then make it yours. Someday it might sell for half of what you got in it, but it will always be worth more than you paid if you know what I mean. I have never again dropped another dime on a vehicle unless I was in front of it. There are $h!tbags everywhere and it's ashame many of us have to learn the hard way.
Swamp
Wow your story is even worse! so sorry to hear that! Hope you can get it back on the road! You are totally right, you have to see it before buying it and this is definitely a hard life lesson.

1978 Ford Bronco XLT

post #39 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-05-2016, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
Fullsize Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger429 View Post
Same scum I bought this truck from. "Oh yes it has a D60 front" when I got it the truck had a 44.

Hi there Scott! Although it's unfortunate we have to waste time talking about this guy, is nice to hear from you!
BikerPepe` likes this.

1978 Ford Bronco XLT

post #40 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-06-2016, 10:11 AM

Bronco Info: 1983 FORD BRONCO 4WD/ 4.9L/ C6/NP208F/D44TTB/8.8/ FACTORY QUAD SHOCK FRONT/SLIDING WINDOWS/3G ALT
Garage
Sorry to hear about this fiasco caveat emptor for sure. I have been fortunate with the vehicles I have bought off eBay, that's where I bought my Bronco and Mustang. My Bronco had a bit more wrong with it than what I was lead to believe but for the price I paid and the age of the truck I had to expect it a bit, luckily I'm fairly handy with a wrench.

You don't really have any recourse on eBay it seems if the vehicle is over 10 years old. I like to pay a large portion down via PayPal if I can. On my next purchase since I know it will be a bit spendy I may use escrow and I for sure will show up most likely to inspect the vehicle and see the owner before its picked up.

I'm possibly a little on the strange side as I like to keep in verbal over the phone touch (not email or text) throughout the deal and I google earth the address and compare it with the ad pics to see if its the same (only works if pics were taken at their house). Sorta have to be detective a bit on your own

1983 FORD BRONCO 4WD/ 4.9L/ C6/D44TTB/8.8/ FACTORY QUAD SHOCK FRONT/SLIDING WINDOWS/3G ALT

1994 FORD MUSTANG GT 5 SPEED...LOTS OF GOODIES

I HAVE A BRONCO....AND ITS MODIFIED....I WIN

Ford Bronco Forum > Other Forums > Anything Else

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode