FSB Forum skins or theme's... your input, please! - Ford Bronco Forum
View Poll Results: What's your favorite FSB forum theme?
FULL 1 2.08%
FOTY 2016 16 33.33%
Classic I 15 31.25%
Classic II 10 20.83%
Classic III 6 12.50%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Govt. paid Admin.

Bronco Info: '95 XLT, 5.8/E4OD/MassAir/6" lift/4.56's/35x12.5 BFG AT-KO2 or 33x12.5 GYW Duratrac
Garage
Exclamation FSB Forum skins or theme's... your input, please!

Greeting fellow FSB'ers! The time has come once again, to make another site theme, to highlight our FOTY of 2016 winner, "itwasFree!!!".

Skins/Themes:
If you're not aware... then this probably won't matter to you but it might, if you're using a theme that gets swapped out on you. Our forum uses "skins" or "themes" that allow users to choose from multiple forum display options. These options basically change the top banner and the color scheme's used on the site and have no bearing on the content, only the presentation. If you've never used or seen the option, it's the drop down menu at the bottom left of the forum. Clicking the menu and choosing a different option will "re-skin" the entire websites framework for you. Again, this is just a visual display preference and has no bearing on the content of the forum. If you haven't tried it... give it a shot, it's pretty cool.
Each year, the winner of Fullsize Of The Year (FOTY) get's his/her Bronco featured on the top banner of the new years theme. The Bronco pictured tends to have an impact on the color schemes chosen to match well with the top banner by our Auto Guide/Vertical Scope graphics design department.

The Problem:
Over the years, we've built up quite a few different skins. Each skin that "wraps" the forum requires individual support from AG's tech team. Meaning... if there's a change or problem to be fixed on the forum, their support team has to go through each skin/theme to apply the same basic fix, individually. As we've built up theme's over the years, this has gotten to be a bigger and bigger resource hog for the AG team, who manages hundreds of different internet forums.

The Solution:
As we add new themes each year to make good on our FOTY winner's prize and to keep the site up-to-date, relevant and interesting, we need to swap out older FOTY theme's for newer ones. This just makes sense, from a practical point of view. At this point, we have 5 main themes to choose from.

FULL - This was one of our first site theme's and is basically FOTY 2015. It's an Aqua/Gray style for BroncoJoe96, FOTY 2014 winner.
FOTY 2016 - My personal choice. It's a Maroon/Black style for cstrike, FOTY 2015 winner.
Classic I - It's basically the same as FULL, featuring the same colors and BroncoJoe96's black Bronco.
Classic II - This one is a dark blue/white theme and was based on the forum appearance when AutoGuide took over from DSOTMOON/Joe.
Classic III - If any theme were to be labelled "Classic" this would be the one, imo. This maroon/red theme with blue lettering is the closest to the original fullsizebronco.com site that DSOTMOON/Joe made when he first started FSB, way back in 2003.

* Mobile - This scheme is obviously geared more toward our users who access FSB through phones, tablets and other mobile devices and it's not really relevant to this particular discussion. I don't have a smart-phone... mine is mildly retarded, so I have no idea what goes on with these. Sorry.

The Main Point:
So what we'd like to know is who is using what theme and why. We all know things change over time, especially in the world of digital media. We also know from experience, many people don't necessarily like change. Unfortunately, most things in this world change, adapt or they die. Rather than just force a change and tell everyone to suck it up and deal with it, AG Jeff and his team want to work with us to make the best changes we can and keep as many of our members as happy as we can. To do this... we're asking for input from the members, YOU. So please... vote for the skin you use and give us a little feedback on why.

The new FOTY 2017 theme will most likely replace the FULL (FOTY 2015) skin... but, if we can eliminate one or two of the Classic skins, we may be able to preserve an FOTY theme for 3 years, instead of 2 but if we have too many users using different Classic skins and preferring to stay that way, then we might just have to suck it up and deal. We do intend to keep at least one of the Classic themes as a "stable" platform for those that just don't want to deal with any changes, going forward. The main point being... to bring in the new, we have to eliminate at least one of the old and we'll be setting up a cycle for FSB themes that will last for years to come.

Since DSOTMOON/Joe created FSB, he/we have always made it a point to allow the membership to steer the direction of the site. AutoGuide came in after Joe sold us out (no offense Joe, wherever you may be) and has tried to do the same, within the framework of their corporate goals and despite a few hiccups now and then (damn hackers) and butting heads with us (your chosen staff members) they've done a pretty good job. So... give us your input folks. This isn't meant to be a bitch-fest, so let's keep it civil and on track and remember, you input counts around here and that's not something every forum out there can claim. Let's all help to make/keep FSB the best Fullsize Bronco site on the planet and... Thank you all for your time and consideration. Have a nice day!
itwasFREE!!!!, AG Jeff and CDA 455 like this.

Last edited by BikerPepe`; 01-06-2017 at 01:14 AM. Reason: ur vs. yu'r fix
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 06:30 PM
September 15 FOTM

Bronco Info: 1992 F-250 custom, 7.3 idi N/A, zf5, 4x4
Garage
Im using classic I. Thats what i use on my phone and computer, i dont like the new lay out or mobile

1995 red xlt sport! with 351
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 06:44 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 92 302 E4od 35s stak3spd monsterbox 4:88 ectedmaxf/r rcv axles hydro-assist steering sas vair
Garage
I use FOTY 2016. Only because I am not tech savvy and didn't know about the option, but after scrolling through the different skins I still like what I use. FOTY 2016. With that said Classic I is nice just not a fan of the color. That's my 2 cents worth.
BikerPepe` likes this.

At times it's best to keep one's mouth shut & be thought a fool, than to open it & remove all doubt! Abraham Lincoln

Thank you for Making me FOTY 2016
post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 06:49 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 78 W/400 in progress
Garage
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 06:52 PM
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bronco Info: 1995 XLT 5.8 with 92k miles, WARN Premium Hubs
Garage
I use the FOTY 2016, but will switch when the new one comes out......only because I like change.

I also like the original skin too, but have graduated. I'll use the new skin once it's introduced and I'll enjoy it just the same. Site won't change, just the looks

Because of this, I won't vote.
BikerPepe` likes this.
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 08:13 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 96' XL 347ci E4od 4:10's 35x12.50x15 M/T MTZ's and some other stuff
I use FOTY16 cause it's there and looks just fine to me.
I didn't know that changing the looks of the Banner was even an option.

Me NOT so Savy on this kind of stuff,
but Thanks for givin me the ability to provide some Input.
BikerPepe` and itwasFREE!!!! like this.

Oh Crap, Another Sunday Driver.
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 09:56 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1996 5.0L Automatic Bronco XLT
I use Classic 1. Sure, I enjoy the colors, but mostly I love seeing my truck.

Built not Bought
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 11:53 PM
JGR
Full Of Rowdy Drunks

Bronco Info: 1986 SAS'd, 37s, otherwise stock
I use FOTY 2016, but that's just cause I one day hope to be up there. Plus I think our forum should be represented by the winner for the year. I also like classic III tho...
BikerPepe` and itwasFREE!!!! like this.
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 01:12 AM Thread Starter
Govt. paid Admin.

Bronco Info: '95 XLT, 5.8/E4OD/MassAir/6" lift/4.56's/35x12.5 BFG AT-KO2 or 33x12.5 GYW Duratrac
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasFREE!!!! View Post
I use FOTY 2016. Only because I am not tech savvy and didn't know about the option, but after scrolling through the different skins I still like what I use. FOTY 2016. With that said Classic I is nice just not a fan of the color. That's my 2 cents worth.
Yea well... your opinion is completely invalid at this point. When your theme hits the forum, you best be using it... like it or not.

That's a pretty even spread and so far, the polls show that FULL (almost a replica of Classic I anyway) won't be missed.
We'll let this run a bit and see how it plays out but we appreciate the participation and feedback.

Last edited by BikerPepe`; 01-06-2017 at 01:22 AM.
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 02:21 AM
Ready 4 a Mid-Life Crisis

Bronco Info: Stock '94 Bronco except for 33" BFGs.
I'm using the Classic II.

Because it looks cool .

μολὼν λαβέ
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 04:02 AM
Driving Stuff Henry Built

Bronco Info: -90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35" bfg m/t. --73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
I am using & voted for FOTY 2016. It just looks like FSB to me, but has more of an up to date feel than Classic III, which was my long time preference. Even when nothing like it was available during the FSB's "Blue Period".

If FOTY 2016 is replaced, I would hope that one of whatever new skins are created would include those basic colors, so it would still look like FSB to some of us old guys. Keep us off the milk carton.

Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links........................Common Replies to FAQs

“Don't find fault, find a remedy.” -Henry Ford
post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 07:52 AM

Bronco Info: 1993 Bronco EB, 302 - E4OD: MAF upgrade to '94 spec. (HOG0 ECU)
I'm stuck on Classic I. No reason in particular, I like the layout.
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 08:53 AM
Erik

Bronco Info: '89 Bronco-D60/10.25,5:13's,16.5's,39.5iroks.'85 F350 12V.
Classic III here. I've always liked the look of it but from the poll it seems there's few of us. Otherwise I'd pick classic I. They just seem easier to see.
post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 09:23 AM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco XLT 5.8L 4" Dick Cepek stage2 lift 35" Boggers 4.10s True Trac
I'm currently using Classic 2. But, I'm fine with any of the classics. I prefer the classics because the Recent Discussions and stuff on the right hand side of the screen take up less room.
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 09:37 AM
Foolsize Member

Bronco Info: They multiply when I'm not looking.
Classic II for me. It is the theme that was here when I started posting regularly and got used to the forum.

1992 XLT 4.9/M5OD
1978 Custom 351M/C6
1991 XLT 351W/Blown Up E4OD
1988 Custom 5.0/AOD
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 09:48 AM
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASSTY View Post
I'm currently using Classic 2. But, I'm fine with any of the classics. I prefer the classics because the Recent Discussions and stuff on the right hand side of the screen take up less room.
There's a way to get rid of that stuff on the right hand side you know.....
BikerPepe` likes this.
post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 09:51 AM
Resurection Ranch

Bronco Info: Blue Eyes,Black Stallion, Shadow & Filly
Click the vote tab at the top of the page please. That is the reasoning behind the thread. You can certainly comment also but make certain the vote is cast.
BikerPepe` and AG Jeff like this.

Rick
My Projects- "Left for Dead"
Filly

tidewaterbroncos@gmail.com (also on facebook)
post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 09:54 AM
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Garage
I say since Full and classic I are basically the same, why not remove one of those?

Full looks better to me - I'd keep that one in the mix.
post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 10:00 AM
Nothing beets a Fullsize

Bronco Info: 96 Bronco (5.8 DD E4OD), 88 Bronco Mudder (Engineless), 90 F250 (Explorer 5.0 4R70W)
Garage
i like any of the 3 Classics. but Classic I is what i use. looks like nobody likes the FULL and few like Classic III. i think you have your choices

-----96 5.0 E4OD--------------88 5.8 C6--------------96 5.8 E4OD------
---------KIA-------------------Mud/Trail---------------Daily Driver------
post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 11:17 AM

Bronco Info: 96 M5OD 5.0 XL all stock 221xxx manual everything
I like classic I personally.

Do NOT tread on me.
'73 f250 401FE in the works np435/205~~~~~ 96FSB, 302, 5spd, manual BW1356/hubs

Ford Bronco Forum > Other Forums > Anything Else

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode