Life lessons (for men) - Page 2 - Ford Bronco Forum
 98Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 08:44 AM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 1988 Bronco Custom, 351, C6, 33" on 15", clean mostly but has only bed floor rot.
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_andy_cv64 View Post
That's great! It lets him know he did right, with a bit of humor thrown in.

My dad's best advice to me? "To be early is to be on time, to be on time is to be late, and to be late has no excuse."
My parents taught this by example. However, in college and now in a few of my jobs (including this one) there is no punishment for being late (work kind of on a flex time philosophy) - therefore I'm late all the time.

I keep telling myself I'm going to do better, but I keep thinking I have more time..

Forest
DD - for sale: 03 Ford Ranger Edge, 4.0 V6, 4x4, 5spd, ext cab standard bed
Wife's: 02 Chrysler Concorde 2.7 Lxi
Project: 88 Ford Bronco Custom - Fullsize 351 C6 on 33/12.50/15
https://goo.gl/photos/yE5yNu5CdTBsop3i9
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 12:03 AM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1996 Bronco 348 10.5.1 E7 Ported 88 Gt roller cam retarted 5 Shorty Headers 3" after cats
Good post.
40 years ago my dad (Marine ) told me after I had a little problem with the LAW... I should have jacked off in the corner instead of having you. No time outs in that era. It must have sunk in. I Haven't had to use it on my son yet
BikerPepe` likes this.
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 01:45 AM
President, Mels fan club.

My Dad would always say...... I forgive, but I never forget.
BikerPepe` likes this.

post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 04:38 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 96' XL 347ci E4od 4:10's 35x12.50x15 M/T MTZ's and some other stuff
Sometimes Dad would remind me,

"You know Son, Opinions are like Assholes, Everybody has one, Most Stink"
Rragnar1488 likes this.

Oh Crap, Another Sunday Driver.
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 09:12 PM

Bronco Info: '96 Black 302 XLT - '94 Green 351 E. B. both are E4OD, 3.55 axles, 31 10.50x15
My divorce lawyer told me this:

"All women are crazy, if they're not crazy now, they either were crazy, or they will be crazy"

And the classic advice about marriage:

"You never know what true happiness is until you're married, then it's too late."
sackman9975 and Rusty in Wis like this.

"The simplest solution is usually the best solution" - Occam's Razor

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them." - Albert Einstein
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 12:37 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 89 Custom, 5.0, auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwim View Post
I would add a converse to this:

with
My thoughts exactly!

I refuse to tip toe through life only to arrive safely at death!
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 12:59 PM

Bronco Info: 1982 Bronco XLT Lariat, 351W, C6
Garage
When working on my car during the high school years sometimes I would get in a hurry and cut corners. My dad would always ask me "Son, if you don't have time to do it right, when do you think you will have time to do it again?"

TB
BikerPepe` likes this.

1982 FSB, XLT Lariat, 351W bored .060, 600 cfm Holley, shortie headers, manual locking hubs, C6 transmission
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 03:47 PM
Burning out fast...

Bronco Info: '95 XLT, 5.8/E4OD/MassAir/6" lift/4.56's/35x12.5 BFG AT-KO2 or 33x12.5 GYW Duratrac
Garage
Two things pop told me when I was very young and they weren't repeated often and didn't need to be. My Dad raced and broke horses, so he wasn't a big guy but his voice and mannerism made it clear to all that he was not a man to be taken lightly.

1. "Son, I hate a liar more than anything."
This early statement sank so deep with me that now, I pride myself on my honesty... like a knight of old. problem is... a lot of folks aren't used to or just don't like to hear the truth and I'm honest beyond a fault. I never lie to anybody, about anything but as I've had to explain to a few folks over the years... sometimes I'm wrong but I tell the truth as best I understand it at the time. There's a lot of times that I just shut up and walk away though.

2. "If I ever even hear you hit a woman, I will beat your ass myself."
I've never hit a woman, for anything, ever. I've jumped in the middle of a few domestic disputes over the years... that can go many ways, good and very bad. I've broken lots of other stuff, rather than hit a woman. I ran through a lot of crazy bitches when I was living the hard life. Bikers and Whores go together like PB & J. Once I even had a cop responding to a domestic disturbance call, tell me... "Really? I'd have knocked that lady out if she did that to me." to which, I could only respond... "And you'd be taking my ass to jail right now, wouldn't you?" him: "Yea, probably. Do you want to press charges?" me: "No. I just want it on the record, in-case she tries to send anyone after me." Turns out she started dating a prospect and tried/lied like hell to get the Hell's Angels to come after me but my reputation among other independents and some respected associates saved my ass. After all... if you shoot a Hell's Angels member, you're just kicking the bee hive.

Side note: That crazy bitch was hot as hell though. Even had a spread in Penthouse at one point. Ran into her a few years back at the Mall. Still hot as a firecracker and just as stable. I literally could have taken her into the changing room and got some right there (she was always into that stuff with me) but when she offered me her number, so we could be "friends"... all I said was... "Yea... No thanks. I'm good. Give my best to your daughters." turned the other direction and walked away.
/hijack

post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 10:33 AM
No avatar required

Bronco Info: Mods don't have Broncos silly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_andy_cv64 View Post
That's great! It lets him know he did right, with a bit of humor thrown in.

My dad's best advice to me? "To be early is to be on time, to be on time is to be late, and to be late has no excuse."
Vince Lombadri, my dad engrained this philosophy early in my life.

If you're wrong, admit it and learn from it.

95 XLT Stock
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 10:37 AM
No avatar required

Bronco Info: Mods don't have Broncos silly
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerPepe` View Post
v1. "Son, I hate a liar more than anything."
This early statement sank so deep with me that now, I pride myself on my honesty
My dad was the same way, and it stuck with me. I am trying to get my son to understand it as well, trying.
BikerPepe` likes this.

95 XLT Stock
post #31 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 11:51 AM

Bronco Info: 1994 Bronco 5.0 liter e4od factory MAF, 130 amp 3g, auxillary transmission filter and cooler.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
Grandpa always said " Use your head first. Then you won't have to use your back as much and it will last longer."
Swamp
My dad doesn't listen to this. Always complaining that his back hurts or something. I'm the guy that spends extra time going to get the dolly so I don't have to lift something.

My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/pfun41#p/a
The going get tough, the tough get debt
Don't pay attention, pay the rent
Next of kins pay for your sins
A little faith should keep us safe
post #32 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-21-2017, 03:39 AM
FSB/Pirate addict

Bronco Info: 1986 XLT: D60 Leaf SAS, 14B, Elocker/Detroit, 37's, ORD Magnum, Triple stick
Garage
The one thing that really stuck with me that my Dad taught me was "to never sweat the small stuff." If it's not super important why bother correcting them?

Guess my brother never figured that one out. Dad says wrong things on purpose to piss him off!
post #33 of 33 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 12:12 AM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: '89 EB, mild-built(for now)347,cust. 6" lift all deaver, long arms, 35's locker rear LS front. +lil
Garage
My dad's favorite, and I believe original, saying was,

"Rights right, wrong is wrong, and bullshit's bullshit.

Here's another one that I heard pretty often between the ages of about 12-18;

"Quit Stepping On Your Dick!"

-Scott Clark Bower
07-01-1950 - 03-18-2005
BikerPepe` likes this.

All Broncos Were Created As Equals

Ford Bronco Forum > Other Forums > Anything Else

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode