Help me find a Gun Safe - Page 2 - Ford Bronco Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 09:52 AM

Bronco Info: (4)78/79 Bronco, 1979 F150 Supercab 4x4, 1977 F250 Highboy
Remember a gun that is not accessible or is unloaded is no longer a weapon.
Swamp
White Dragon likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 10:47 AM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1978 Round headlight, 351M,C6, 9", 44/1991, 445 FE, t19, 205, Dana 60/70, MAF, Moet's
Garage
Around here it is not a question if a violator will get shot just how big the hole will be? I recently had to add another lock box in the basement due to a recent overstock. Just a couple stay within reach, a shotgun and handgun is all that is out at all times. That I know of anyhow, I am sure pops has a few I don't know about here or there but there are no kids around and theft is not an issue. Oops just found one LOL.
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
President, Mels fan club.

No kids in the house

post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 03:44 PM
Burning out fast...

Bronco Info: '95 XLT, 5.8/E4OD/MassAir/6" lift/4.56's/35x12.5 BFG AT-KO2 or 33x12.5 GYW Duratrac
Garage
as you get older... there will, more than likely be kids that come and go. We thought very much the same and then my niece spit out the cutest little rug-rat, so we have him up whenever we can and have to watch him like a hawk while he's here.

post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 04:35 PM
Ready 4 a Mid-Life Crisis

Bronco Info: Stock '94 Bronco except for 33" BFGs.
I had a monster Ft Knox.

Back in the day when Gen. Chuck Yeager was endorsing it.

μολὼν λαβέ
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerPepe` View Post
as you get older... there will, more than likely be kids that come and go. We thought very much the same and then my niece spit out the cutest little rug-rat, so we have him up whenever we can and have to watch him like a hawk while he's here.
Oh I meant living here. Yes we have kids in and out of the house at times, but the room it will be in is one that no one goes into and it will be behind a closet door. But yes that doesn't mean they would not find it.
BikerPepe` and White Dragon like this.

post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 09:05 PM

Bronco Info: '96 Black 302 XLT - '94 Green 351 E. B. both are E4OD, 3.55 axles, 31 10.50x15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sway View Post
Oh I meant living here. Yes we have kids in and out of the house at times, but the room it will be in is one that no one goes into and it will be behind a closet door. But yes that doesn't mean they would not find it.
About every couple of weeks here in the Detroit area some kid (young kid 8-9 y.o.) finds a gun in grandma's bedroom (for example) and blows his head off, or his brother's head off. Kids WILL find your gun, and their natural curiosity and exposure to weapons (TV, games, etc.) will make them pick it up.
Read some crime stats regarding kids and guns. It is always sad, and the news folks always interview the parents (or aunt/uncle) and the story is always "the gun was always kept in the drawer, on top of the dresser, etc. away from the kids)

But of course that could never happen to you.

"The simplest solution is usually the best solution" - Occam's Razor

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them." - Albert Einstein
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 10:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey350 View Post
About every couple of weeks here in the Detroit area some kid (young kid 8-9 y.o.) finds a gun in grandma's bedroom (for example) and blows his head off, or his brother's head off. Kids WILL find your gun, and their natural curiosity and exposure to weapons (TV, games, etc.) will make them pick it up.
Read some crime stats regarding kids and guns. It is always sad, and the news folks always interview the parents (or aunt/uncle) and the story is always "the gun was always kept in the drawer, on top of the dresser, etc. away from the kids)

But of course that could never happen to you.
Well first off I never said that would never happen to me, and why do you think I want a safe to put them in?

post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 10:36 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 96' XL 347ci E4od 4:10's 35x12.50x15 M/T MTZ's and some other stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sway View Post
Same Same here.
When i hear the Nieces and Nephews are comin over it's "Lock Down" time for All weapons including Edged, Pokers, Clubs, Chains etc......
(oops TMI)

Oh Crap, Another Sunday Driver.
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 09:55 PM
USAF C-17 Avionics

Bronco Info: '94, '92, '88, and '84 Broncos
I have three of the 500ish buck Winchester's from Tractor Supply. "Strong" is a relative term. I'm sure it could keep a crack head out for 5 minutes, but you can get into them with a 20v angle grinder in under a minute I'd guess. My goal is fire protection, and they claim 30 minutes.

Adrianspeeder

post #31 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 02:33 PM

Bronco Info: 85 Bronco, 300 I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
Garage
I own a number of safes of various sizes.

Stack-on: cheap, not good for much but keeping kids out.

Winchester: heavy, thick, and roomy. This one is about 600 lbs. Combo dial lock (older model), 1" bolts on at least 3 sides, 1.25" hinges, fully padded interior.

Liberty: bought with our new house. Probably 800 lbs. Push button code lock. Same hinge and bolt stats as the Winchester. Lighted and padded interior, with a fully pocketed door panel. Newest safe I own.

Cobalt: the granddaddy of em at 1200+ lbs. 1.25" bolts, about 30 of them. 3 1.5" hinges, with a dial combo lock. Full padded interior. Will not fit through the door without taking the door jamb apart... The walls are 1.5" thick steel.

These weights were all "empty" and approximations. My advice, buy the biggest one you can manage, keeping location in mind. A refrigerator dolly is a must when moving these heavy beasts.

Also, the sharp corners will cut 2" ratchet straps... Don't ask me how I know.

94 Bronco XLT. Beefy 351, 6" , 37's, 4.88: burnt
86 Bronco custom, 4" 37's, locked 4.56, 300 i6 4 bbl, np435/208
96 f350 XL, rclb, 351, c6, BW4407 xfer
78 f150 Ranger, 351m, t18, np205, rusty
90 f150, 95 f250, 96 f350 psd: stolen, sold, and burnt, respectively.

Ford Bronco Forum > Other Forums > Anything Else

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode