School me on building an exterior wall..... - Page 2 - Ford Bronco Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 11:20 AM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1978 Round headlight, 351M,C6, 9", 44/1991, 445 FE, t19, 205, Dana 60/70, MAF, Moet's
Garage
Defenetly try and get some sort of return in the area, maybe in the bedroom. Whatever you have going out has to find its way back otherwise you get a positive pressure and air flow will not circulate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 01:09 AM
Harley's & Bronco's FTW!

Bronco Info: '95 XLT, 5.8/E4OD/MassAir/6" lift/4.56's/35x12.5 BFG AT-KO2
Garage
just curious bud... what do you plan to do on the outside? Leave a flush, smooth wall w/T1-11 or do you plan to brick it over?

"When life throws you a curve... LEAN INTO IT!"

SuperMotors - Since 2002
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 08:01 AM Thread Starter
Beach bumming it ........

Bronco Info: 91 Bronco 351W E4OD, 6" lift, 35 12.50 Procomp MT2 on 10" wide wheels, Sliders, and custom bumpers
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 445 FE Bronco View Post
Defenetly try and get some sort of return in the area, maybe in the bedroom. Whatever you have going out has to find its way back otherwise you get a positive pressure and air flow will not circulate.
We are taking the door down from the kitchen into the new hallway and just a pocket door into the new utility room. I was hoping if the pocket door was only closed when guest are around we should be good with circulation.

We have two returns in the house already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerPepe` View Post
just curious bud... what do you plan to do on the outside? Leave a flush, smooth wall w/T1-11 or do you plan to brick it over?

Going to be white vinyl siding indented 2" in from the brick.

Was not able to get started on this because we spent most of the weekend in the hospital with some difficulties. But all is better now all three girls are doing great. Hopefully this weekend I will make it out there.
BikerPepe` likes this.

Last edited by Saltlife; 01-16-2017 at 08:03 AM.
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 11:44 AM
Resident Nice Guy

Bronco Info: 1979 Ranger XLT, 351m, 4 speed
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltlife View Post
We are taking the door down from the kitchen into the new hallway and just a pocket door into the new utility room. I was hoping if the pocket door was only closed when guest are around we should be good with circulation.

We have two returns in the house already.
Technically, all rooms that have a push should also have a pull(aside from bathrooms and kitchens to save the others in the house from farts and garlic smells), but nobody does this(cost). Builders/installers instead place a huge return to compensate for many smaller ducts.

You very likely don't have one in your bedroom and have never suffered because of it. If the room is well insulated and the door is open most of the time, it will circulate well enough to allow for proper temps.

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

Schwim! A social site with an identity crisis.
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 01:41 PM
Harley's & Bronco's FTW!

Bronco Info: '95 XLT, 5.8/E4OD/MassAir/6" lift/4.56's/35x12.5 BFG AT-KO2
Garage
we have an addition built onto our double wide that's my office. I've been running an EdenPURE heater in here for a few years now because of the lack of pre-plumbed heating.
It's not perfectly ideal but it's a really safe unit and heats the small space pretty well. In your case, I mention it because it's exceptionally safe to the touch for little ones.

"When life throws you a curve... LEAN INTO IT!"

SuperMotors - Since 2002
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 11:49 AM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 91 Bronco 351W E4OD, 6" lift, 35 12.50 Procomp MT2 on 10" wide wheels, Sliders, and custom bumpers
Garage
Thanks to everyones advice here things went pretty well. It has been a very slow project but getting.

Sleeves and Lag bolts through concrete blocks, Construction adhesive on bottom of block to foundation and top to the Flashing then placed treated 2x4, and framed is up.

Was going to go without a window but decided to go ahead and put a window in. Framed it out, used aluminum padding and great stuff to seal it up.

I have block going in that center location where the gap is. Construction adhesive and seal it up well.

Still need to put the siding up and run my outlet before drywall.

While I'm here little by little I have been working on some of the interior framing as well.

This thing was a life saver!!

That plus adhesive made mounting the floor studs a breeze

Relocated the wiring and vent for the dryer. framed out walls, one door, and one pocket door.

not compleley done but getting there.
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 01:57 AM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: Brick Nose on 15x10s/32s with leveling coils
Very cool. Also if you want to put stone brick mix, most of the new construction homes have limestone left over on site that they pay to dispose of. Talk with the GC of some subdivisions and they will most likely give them to you. Not sure if you can use it on that project and still look good but good info to know.
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 08:32 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Almost done with the remodel.

BikerPepe` and schwim like this.
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 12:19 PM
MARBLE GARGLER!

Bronco Info: '90 xlt 351w E40D Truetrac I GOT ROLLER ROCKERS !
it looks like a roll-up door still-

"I got roller rockers" DAMMIT!!

Ford Bronco Forum > Other Forums > Anything Else

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode