The time has come to bring my F150 back to life. - Page 2 - Ford Bronco Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 06:09 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1986 Bronco XLT 4x4 -AOD -Warn Hubs, NEW stock 302EFI (2008) All MSD ignition, 9mm FMSR wires
Glad you got it all sorted out Brother, good luck with the install ~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 89 F150...close to a Bronco?
Went ahead and ordered the transmission pan. I decided to go with a stamped steel pan, to allow me to put more $ towards other parts of the truck.

Anyone had experience with Headman longtubes on the 302? Will they fit an 89 F150 (2WD)? GT40Ps? A buddy of mine has a set he'll basically give me if they'll fit.

Also, I decided against working on the underside of the truck (installing the VB) this weekend. On Friday I'm having an "operation" on my forehead (I'll only have a threehead after this) so I want to make sure it stays clean and what not. It's okay. It'll just force me to concentrate more on getting everything under the hood done this weekend.

89 F-150 5.0l AOD 2x4 Longbed, 3.55 LS 80,XXX Original Miles, GT40Ps, Roller, MAF, Custom Y-pipe, Mustang headers, 3g Alt, Big 3+ Upgrade, Rerouted PCV, Dual Taurus E-fans, Sixlitre Tune-up, Explorer Injectors, Remote mounted ICM, Insulated Intake tubing\Filter Box Mod, Rubber Vacuum System, Tranny cooler, Remote Tranny filter, Saginaw P\S swap, F350 MC\Booster\Rear clyinders, Autopage Remote Start, 9007 conversion, so much more.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

Well, I'm trying not to be disappointed. The VB came in yesterday, and not only is there corrosion on one corner, but I don't see anywhere to adjust my WOT shift point (which is listed standard on the SPT-1). One screw on the side, but it looks like a set screw to me. I took a bunch of pictures and e-mailed them to Dan last night, no response as of yet. We'll see what he says. He's got nothing but good reviews, so I'm sure everything will work out one way or the other. Here's the corrosion:

It came packed very well, with a new 2-3 accumulator, gaskets, and a filter. The VB was in a big zip lock as well, so I'm not 100% sure where this corrosion even came from...

Edit: Found the instructions for the WOTS (shift point at WOT adjustment) system. They were in with the packing slip, the VB does have it, so I'm happy. Just need to clean the corrosion off.

89 F-150 5.0l AOD 2x4 Longbed, 3.55 LS 80,XXX Original Miles, GT40Ps, Roller, MAF, Custom Y-pipe, Mustang headers, 3g Alt, Big 3+ Upgrade, Rerouted PCV, Dual Taurus E-fans, Sixlitre Tune-up, Explorer Injectors, Remote mounted ICM, Insulated Intake tubing\Filter Box Mod, Rubber Vacuum System, Tranny cooler, Remote Tranny filter, Saginaw P\S swap, F350 MC\Booster\Rear clyinders, Autopage Remote Start, 9007 conversion, so much more.
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

Heard back from the guy, turns out it's not corrosion, it's paint from the assembly plat to identify which VB went where. That would explain why it was being such a PITA to clean off, lol.

Ford Bronco Forum > Other Forums > Anything Else

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode