Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Chat with F.O.T.M. contestants

31K views 282 replies 51 participants last post by  Vicky Tu Tone 
#1 ·
Post up here to talk to the F.O.T.M. contestants so to not clog up the competition. Have a Question on one of the posts ? post up here and be sure to tag them with the "@" before his name.

#2 ·
Do not have any specific questions...
However I like the idea of this as I would get discouraged looking threw multiple post quotes with pictures and see 2 pages of the same thing. Hopefully make for a better main thread. Or at the least easier to read threw.

#5 ·
Yes I think @Quader1 hit this one out of the park. So with that said @jermil01 , how wide are those wheels? How have you over come the turning radius? Any issues with breaking knuckles, or did you change them over to Crane, Reid racing? Or do I have to wait :popc1: until you post up the answers:deal to those questions :shrug

Reactions: Quader1
#8 ·
10 inch wide rims..I think. With this set up I have to mindful of my turning radius, they have a tendency to rub the R/A's pretty good in a tight turn.
knock wood no broken knuckles and they are stock. adding a set of the duff tubular arms is on my to do list.

#7 ·
Best part is I also found a second family here at FSB, made some great friends along the way. Hard to explain it, but you form a bond with other folks that drive Broncos, and as corny as it sounds owning a Bronco (or maybe it owning you) gets in your blood.
You hit the nail dead square on the head here!!

#9 ·
Happy Birthday to one of our contestants, @jermil01 !!!

Great contest fellas, it's looking real nice, and real real tough to choose a winner. Whore out those Broncos and lets all have a good time!

#13 · (Edited)
@warhoss

I dig the darker tailgate panel, but there are ways of cleaning the original back up. I used an acid solution made for wheels, followed by mothers mag and aluminum polish. Sucker shined like a diamond in a goat's ass

#17 ·
Not much of a feather...lol just fortunate so far. Even towing around that heavy Trailer Beast the 8.8 is holding up which is a testament to the 8.8... But I do know that they are the next week link that needs to be upgraded and I am going to be upgrading to 1 ton diffs in the near future. I think I am going to go with leaf-sprung front using Alcan springs for as much wheel clearance as possible. Alcan also offers what called an "orbit Eye" bushings that give a sick amount of twist for even more articulation...

https://www.alcanspring.com/

#16 ·
Mileage is great. I went from 11 MPG's to 16 MPG's. If I were to change the gears to 4.10:1 it would increase to about 20+. These engines are super torque monsters, even for their relatively small size cubic inch size.

#20 ·
Sweet. So SAS up front?
I Love the TTB which is why I invested so much in the TTB RCV axles. But now that I am upping the game, I really want the stability of the SAS. After researching all the designs at this point I have decided on the Leaf instead of the coil. Both have their pros and cons and in the end I may change my mind again, but I am pretty sure that the Alcon leafs are the way I want to go. I will also be doing a high steer with hydraulic assist. Unfortunately, I do not have a excessive amount of cash so I have to do one thing at a time. Right now I need to pay off the Atlas 4 t-case...lol. Then the axles...

#24 ·
@stan the man
@Warhoss
@RicksBroncoBeast
@jermil01
@TravisITGuy

Dragon is really liking the "Aeronose Show" this month.

Mud, Snow, Mountains & Rocks, What More could a Bronco Lover want? (Maybe some Sand)?
I also enjoy Reading & Watching the progression on each of your Rigs from their humble beginnings to where they are now, Good Stuff Guys.

Thanks go to you All for sharing. :thumbup

Later,
Dragon

#25 ·
I thru some Sand pictures from the Christmas Valley dunes in Oregon. they are nothing like the Oregon coast dunes though.

Reactions: White Dragon
#33 ·
The Line lock was was very easy to install. All you have to do is find a good mounting point, then make a new brake line (making sure to double flare the ends). In my case I was able to cut the original brake line and bend it into a different shape and install new ends. And in my case I ran it into the MICO hydraulic parking brake solenoid and made them work independently. Installing the shifter momentary switch was a little different. Since the ford shifter is splined and not threaded I had to purchase a universal adaptor that has set screws holding it on but the knob screwed onto the adaptor. When I looked at the thread size I knew that I could make threads over the splines and it would be a lot more secure. I found a die that would be the right thread and walla, it was perfect. A drop of lock tight and it was secure.

One more thing on the line lock design. A lot of line locks are dual line and other configurations. Fo me I needed a rear inlet and front outlet so I could run it in series with the MICO. I used Biondo (Moroso Style) Rebuildable Line lock which also did not have the warning of a maximum of 60 seconds of holding the solenoid engaged.

#34 ·
I've only used the the synthetic line twice, but it's great. Much easier to handle than the steel cable. You do have to be more careful about scraping it across rocks, but that's easy enough..Also, you want to make sure to clean of any mud/debris after using it, but I chalk that up to normal maintenance. Mine is hidden behind the bumper so I don't have any concern about the sun wrecking it..

#36 ·
Thanks @whitedragon! This Bronco was in the hands of a fire department in Alabama for most of it's life so it was never rode hard and I didn't have the heart to change it up much other than doing some updates. I want it to be a survivor in the end and if at some point I or someone else wants to go back bone stock, it can be done easily. The rear interior light is actually the one that was on it when I got it, so I believe it was the factory light

#37 ·
Thanks @Quader1! I'm not sure how to explain it and I just checked to see if I had better pictures of the exhaust toward the front end. I've got a buddy who has a shop where he has put on a many a mufflers and run those exhaust. He brought them down the passenger side. If you remind me. I can get some better pics to let you see for yourself?