Changes to Rules for Classified Forums Area - Page 4 - Ford Bronco Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 01:53 PM

Bronco Info: 1988 Bronco EB, 351, C6, 33"BFG, HEFTY front/rear bumpers
Ok without being logged in you cannot even see it and logged in with under 75 posts it shows private. I thought we (under 75) should still be able to view things? I have under 75 posts and recently bought a front bumper from Hefty. With the way it currently is he wouldn't have gotten a sale from me b/c I wouldn't have been able to even view the thread on the bumpers. I don't have an issue with not being able to post but if I can see the items I could always PM the seller. Just my 2 cents on the topic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger429 View Post
When it is all setup properly only members with 75 posts or more will be able to see that area of the forum.
I know I don't pull much weight around here, but has anyone thought about how this might affect your vendors? They're paying to advertise their products on this forum, and you've just removed a very large amount of their advertising traffic.

Would it be possible to make it so that the Vender section of the forum would be viewable by anyone so that they can still get what they are paying for? Maybe make the vendor's portion view-only for those with less than 75. This way that member can still PM the Vendor about their product(s), they just can't post in one of the vendor threads.

I can't imagine that you're having the same spam issues in the Vendor sections, and you seem to take care of any very quickly.

These are my 2 cents on the issue. I'm sorry your spammers pushed you to this point.
post #63 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 02:00 PM
rolling Rolling ROLLING....

Bronco Info: 93 Cherokee
All right before the rest of the sheeple jump in here with there comments, this thread is closed until we can fix the glitches with the sale forum.

Tim

Newest token Jeep owner....

post #64 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 02:01 PM
gone fish'n

Bronco Info: pile of parts
it is not to stop spammers, it is to deter SCAMMERS from screwing people out of money. But even that does not always work.

It should not effect the vendors as people will still be able to see the classifieds and send the vendors a pm. There are currently some technical difficulties right now.

'01 F250, 444ci of straight piped oil burning fun. 4x4, 6 spd, GTP38R noise maker, Stage 2 injektorz. Lotsa fun!

Let's Go Fishing.
post #65 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 02:02 PM
gone fish'n

Bronco Info: pile of parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwagon View Post
All right before the rest of the sheeple jump in here with there comments, this thread is closed until we can fix the glitches with the sale forum.
I was thinking about that Red, but I know people will start more threads in the help forum and anything else.

'01 F250, 444ci of straight piped oil burning fun. 4x4, 6 spd, GTP38R noise maker, Stage 2 injektorz. Lotsa fun!

Let's Go Fishing.
Closed Thread

Ford Bronco Forum > Welcome > Announcements

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode