Changes to Rules for Classified Forums Area - Ford Bronco Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 03:24 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Changes to Rules for Classified Forums Area

Hello everyone,

Starting today, there is a new requirement for users to be able to post replies or new threads in the classifieds area. This requirement is a minimum post count of 75. The mod/admin team decided on adding this rule because too many users were circumventing the rules before and we spent too much time having to delete posts/threads of users who should not be posting in there.

If you have anything posted for sale in there, I will allow you to have access to it UNTIL January 4th, 2010 at which time, your permissions will be removed if you do not meet this new requirement.

The only way I can do this is by removing the restriction for EVERYONE. However, starting tomorrow (December 31st, 2009), if we see users posting in the classified areas who have less than 75 posts, we will automatically delete the thread/post. If the same user continues to do this, then we will suspend your account temporarily until January 4, 2010.

Thanks everyone and have a happy new year!

Yung
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 04:18 PM

Bronco Info: 95 Bronco w/ custom scratches and dents
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullsize View Post
Hello everyone,

Starting today, there is a new requirement for users to be able to post replies or new threads in the classifieds area....
So now you have to have 75 posts in order to reply to something that is for sale(buy something)?

Does this include the Broncos for sale too?

post #3 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubled1178 View Post
So now you have to have 75 posts in order to reply to something that is for sale(buy something)?

Does this include the Broncos for sale too?
Yes that is correct. It's in the entire classifieds area for registered users. They can still view it and send PMs to reply to an ad they see. They just cannot post there until they've reached 75 posts.

post #4 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Yes that is correct. It's in the entire classifieds area for registered users. They can still view it and send PMs to reply to an ad they see. They just cannot post there until they've reached 75 posts.
So then nothing has really changed except now you have to have 75 posts to sell your bronco.

post #5 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 05:22 PM
FSM Lifetime

Yung, am I to understand this correctly, the announcement you are making is only changing the requirement to be able to post a reply to an ad? For what I have understood from previously, is that 75 was the required rule for this forum all along. So the only thing I take from this is a reply post requirement being stated. Am I correct in this assumption for this announcement you are making? So basically you putting the same rule out there to be revisited and understood? Just want to have clarity on this, thanks.
post #6 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 05:25 PM
gone fish'n

Bronco Info: pile of parts
what your not getting is the 75 post rule was like a scouts honor type of thing. Fullsize is changing the posting requirements in the control panel and anyone trying to post anything in there will have to have 75 posts or more.

I can tell you I easily delete 10 posts per week from the wanted to buy forum with people trying to sell stuff, so 10 posts deleted, 20 pm's, it gets old when people just simply cannot follow the rules.

'01 F250, 444ci of straight piped oil burning fun. 4x4, 6 spd, GTP38R noise maker, Stage 2 injektorz. Lotsa fun!

Let's Go Fishing.
post #7 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 05:37 PM
FSM Lifetime

Jopes, so instead of the honor system in place, the website software permissions will stop anyone from trying to post without the required 75 posts to do so. So am I right to assume that come Jan 4th that if under the 75 rule that the user will not even have permission to even enter the forum? That would be cool, and would stop the bothersome deleting and babysitting efforts of the admin team.
post #8 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 05:44 PM
gone fish'n

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo Horse View Post
Jopes, so instead of the honor system in place, the website software permissions will stop anyone from trying to post without the required 75 posts to do so. So am I right to assume that come Jan 4th that if under the 75 rule that the user will not even have permission to even enter the forum? That would be cool, and would stop the bothersome deleting and babysitting efforts of the admin team.
as fullsize said, they can enter, read, and pm members. but not post.

'01 F250, 444ci of straight piped oil burning fun. 4x4, 6 spd, GTP38R noise maker, Stage 2 injektorz. Lotsa fun!

Let's Go Fishing.
post #9 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 05:51 PM
FSM Lifetime

Thanks Jopes, I saw that by Yung, but took it as only until Jan 4th. Cool
post #10 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopes View Post
what your not getting is the 75 post rule was like a scouts honor type of thing. Fullsize is changing the posting requirements in the control panel and anyone trying to post anything in there will have to have 75 posts or more.

I can tell you I easily delete 10 posts per week from the wanted to buy forum with people trying to sell stuff, so 10 posts deleted, 20 pm's, it gets old when people just simply cannot follow the rules.
You did have to have 75 posts in order to start a thread in the parts for sale section. There was a large pop up or message if I remember correctly from when I tried it a long time ago.

So nothing has changed except now no one can try to get around by posting stuff for sale in the WTB forum.

post #11 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 06:51 PM
gone fish'n

Quote:
So nothing has changed except now no one can try to get around by posting stuff for sale in the WTB forum.
that right there is the problem were having right now.

this in no way is making anything more safe, you still have to watch out for dead beats and scammers.

Let's Go Fishing.
post #12 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 07:15 PM
IM FAT, YOUR UGLY!

Bronco Info: '85 FS - 5.8 351 (Edelbrock 1406 4brl) - C6+NP208 - Shorties - Flowmaster 40 - Stock Height
what about not being able to enter the classifieds without 75 posts? kinda like not entering the members section without paying?

cause if you cant see anything you cant pm the seller.

'85 Bronco Custom... RIP 01/24/2011 - Totaled By A Honda
'84 XLT - 302 - Stock - Flowmaster 44 - C6+208 - 32" Tires
post #13 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 07:16 PM
Retired Staff

Bronco Info: 79 Bronco, 47 Binder
Quote:

Correct. Now a user with under 75 posts cannot reply to a WTB thread selling their stuff.

This doesn't mean that they can't (well they shouldn't but still do) do it in the open forums. I see a lot of this in threads where someone with under 75 posts will say " Oh, I have one of those for sale". Those threads still are not allowed but people still try to get around the system that way.
post #14 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 07:42 PM
FSM Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikedzombies View Post
what about not being able to enter the classifieds without 75 posts? kinda like not entering the members section without paying?

cause if you cant see anything you cant pm the seller.
Exactly what I was trying to get at. If you can not see it, they can not PM for it. But, the babysitting is still going to be a pain in the a** for admin team to search the post count for a user with a legit 75 or more post ct to ensure the scammer equation. I do feel for you all. There is only so much you can deter.
post #15 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 07:48 PM
gone fish'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo Horse View Post
Exactly what I was trying to get at. If you can not see it, they can not PM for it. But, the babysitting is still going to be a pain in the a** for admin team to search the post count for a user with a legit 75 or more post ct to ensure the scammer equation. I do feel for you all. There is only so much you can deter.
not really, if joebobthecockslop registers in january 2010 and on january 4th he has 75 posts and is pimping his wares you can bet a bunch of us will view his posts to be sure he didn't pad his way into the forsale section.

Let's Go Fishing.
post #16 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 07:55 PM
Retired Staff

Bronco Info: 79 Bronco, 47 Binder
joebobthecockslop?
post #17 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 07:56 PM
gone fish'n

Let's Go Fishing.
post #18 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 08:01 PM

must be one of his buddies

post #19 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 08:32 PM
Banned

Bronco Info: 96 XLT 302/E4OD & 90 EB 302/AOD
Cool. Thanks Yung.
post #20 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 08:36 PM
gone fish'n

Quote:
must be one of his buddies
don't you have some things to do with your full hydro that you fawked up?

Let's Go Fishing.
Closed Thread

Ford Bronco Forum > Welcome > Announcements

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode