Implementation of Forum Infractions - Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
gone fish'n

Bronco Info: pile of parts
Implementation of Forum Infractions

INFRACTION WARNING These last for 15 days and are more of a way for us to keep track of a problem member.

If your getting warnings, take them serious as your not following the forums rules and what comes next is more severe.

REPEATED INFRACTIONS These last for 6 months, This is where it gets serious. As there is a point system in these and can lead up to banning.

INFRACTION POINT SYSTEM These points add up and will lead to a permanent ban.

1 POINT Means you will have 6 months of restricted forum usage. These limitations include: NO FOTM/FOTY voting, NO using the classifieds, and the REMOVAL FSM forum.

2nd POINT Means you earned yourself a 7 day ban, and it will also keep you removed from using anything that was included in the 1st point for 6 months.

3rd POINT Permanent ban.

The warnings do not count towards the point system, but just remember they can lead up to receiving a point which will limit your forum use privileges.

'01 F250, 444ci of straight piped oil burning fun. 4x4, 6 spd, GTP38R noise maker, Stage 2 injektorz. Lotsa fun!

Let's Go Fishing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 11:09 PM
Local # 40 Boilermakers

Bronco Info: transforming...
I am taking a guess that if you have said infractions/points you would know via a PM.

UNION PRIDE
MY STUPIDMOTORS
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
gone fish'n

yes, when you receive a infraction or warning you will automatically get a pm.

'01 F250, 444ci of straight piped oil burning fun. 4x4, 6 spd, GTP38R noise maker, Stage 2 injektorz. Lotsa fun!

Let's Go Fishing.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 02:36 PM
F.O.T.M. - MAY 2014!!!

Bronco Info: 88 FSB. 4.9l -T18-BW1356-33" MTs-Warn hubs Daystar leveling kit
Do we see who has points?

Sliding rear windows, GT roll bar, Cargo net and looking for other rare options. 4.10 gears LSD 33" MTs First ever Stock Fullsize of the Month...
J A S N http://www.supermotors.net/registry/19528
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
gone fish'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by fartman View Post
Do we see who has points?
As other members? No. Only your own.

Let's Go Fishing.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 05:16 PM
Low Buck Bum

Bronco Info: Hoofin' it in some cheap OP's
Garage
Is the reason for the point or warning spelled out clearly in the automated warning?
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
gone fish'n

These are the current ones:

-FOTM Rule Violation
-Member insults
-Post padding
-For sale rule violation
-Newbie Tech flame free rule violation
-Signature Rule violation

Let's Go Fishing.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-20-2013, 09:09 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 92 Factory Original 300 I6 M5OD Manual Custom. 3 seats, AC and a radio and all vinyl interior.
Garage
So.... If we say something that makes a person feel bad and have poor inner personal self talk, we get a point?

JTMcD.
We sleep Peaceful in our beds because Rough Men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm............George Orwell
The object of life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, 'Holy Shit, What a Ride!!! -- Mavis Leyrer

MY A/C Vacuum leak repair http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/23-technical-write-ups/175808-how-i-fixed-my-c-vac-leak.html
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-20-2013, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
gone fish'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcD348 View Post
So.... If we say something that makes a person feel bad and have poor inner personal self talk, we get a point?
What exactly do you mean by this?

Let's Go Fishing.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-20-2013, 09:21 PM
Thanks 351w500

Location: Northcentral,CA.Twain Harte, up here in the mountains
Bronco Info: 88 Centerion 460 Dana 60/10.25 78 Bronk Cromo shafts,Detoit 4.56's lift 7" Deavers 38's 9"rear disk
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcD348 View Post
this is not a comical thread john.

I take Prayer Requests. God Bless
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-20-2013, 10:16 PM
User Registered

Bronco Info: 87 EB,C6,1356
Thumbs up

There's been a few people that might still be here if these rules would have been in place. After all Ford isnt making them anymore and we should be glad fsb is free and gives us common ground to dicuss how to keep these gas guzzlers rolling. Baker approved.
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-20-2013, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
gone fish'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakerBaker View Post
There's been a few people that might still be here if these rules would have been in place.
What do you mean by that?

Let's Go Fishing.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-20-2013, 10:53 PM
User Registered

Over the years I have seen a few members that had contributed to the over all good on fsb at one time or another. But for some reason got mouthy and got the boot. We need to keep our community from becoming extinct, but weed out the crackheads. And a public policy is good structure to keep people in line.
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-20-2013, 10:55 PM Thread Starter
gone fish'n

I thought you were talking about that. I could almost guarantee everyone who got the boot was warned many times over, but yet continued on mouthing off.

Let's Go Fishing.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-21-2013, 12:40 AM
Roller rockers are gay

Bronco Info: 2005 Chevrolet Venture, 1997 Acura TL, 1994 Chevy Caprice
I can verify what jopes said. People don't get banned here for two or three incidents, and not over an issue where someone just got butthurt. You gotta really WORK to get banned from FSB, barring any type of theft, or direct threat upon someone.

2005 Chevy Venture. 1997 Acura TL. $500 beater. 1994 Chevy Caprice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Bronco" John Galt View Post
New nuts are in the plan.
"Kids, they see the good in everything and through their eyes, they open ours." - Hank Davis

"To be easily amused is to live most of your life smiling."
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-21-2013, 09:43 AM
User Registered

I bet you guys are right. Mostly likely, the warnings came in the form of a PM and so nobody else knows when offender was cited.

I like the idea of 7 of day ban. It would give someone time to cool down before coming back on here and making an arse of themselves again.

I wouldn't oppose a 1 day ban on the first point. Like you guys mentioned we are usually pretty lenient of behavior. Give them a warning, the next time is a slap on the wrist or 1-day ban and when they come back drop the 7-day ban if they can't control themselves. On the final draw, send them a link to sign up to pirate and tell them, "This is where a**holes like you belong."
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-21-2013, 10:34 AM
Retired Staff

Bronco Info: 79 Bronco, 47 Binder
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakerBaker View Post

I like the idea of 7 of day ban. It would give someone time to cool down before coming back on here and making an arse of themselves again.
Not all cool down in 7 days, some usually require a permanent ban after a temp ban. Proven before by others.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-21-2013, 10:37 AM

Bronco Info: 1979 w/400, 4" lift, 35's, 3.55's
^^^Forget the 7 day ban...I think the bigger deterrent is the no classifieds for 6 months punishment.

Ben
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 12:05 PM
Foolsize Member

Bronco Info: They multiply when I'm not looking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTfball View Post
^^^Forget the 7 day ban...I think the bigger deterrent is the no classifieds for 6 months punishment.
I agree with this being a more serious punishment, so many people start off here whining about the 75 post rule like eBay, Craigslist, swap meets and the local paper want nothing to do with them.
Now in my mind, if I got a temp ban for being an idiot it would click in my head that a permanent ban wasn't far behind. So if people come back after a temp ban and still act like 5 years olds, it probably wasn't going to last for them here anyway.
My .02$

1992 XLT 300/M5OD
1978 Custom 351M/C6
1991 XLT 351W/Blown Up E4OD
1988 Custom 302/AOD
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-10-2013, 07:02 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 92 Factory Original 300 I6 M5OD Manual Custom. 3 seats, AC and a radio and all vinyl interior.
Garage
I wasn't trying to be comical. I'd like to know exactly what constitutes a Ticket. Is it roasting someone in the Noob Section? Making so many comments that get edited with **** and **** or **** *** etc? Is it saying something about a person who just has the authority to make life miserable fro someone on the board?

I was actually being serious about the question. Not being confrontational, just curious about the what's, why's and wherefores.

JTMcD.
We sleep Peaceful in our beds because Rough Men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm............George Orwell
The object of life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, 'Holy Shit, What a Ride!!! -- Mavis Leyrer

MY A/C Vacuum leak repair http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175808

Ford Bronco Forum > Welcome > Announcements

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode