New from Indiana - Ford Bronco Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 1988 Bronco Custom, 351, C6, 33" on 15", clean mostly but has only bed floor rot.
Garage
New from Indiana

Howdy - just bought a 1988 Ford Bronco Custom.

It has a 351 and C6, sitting on 33x12.50R15's (looking for a spare now).

It runs and drives - but has a slow leak on the driver's side, the bed is rusted along the frame rails, but the frame appears solid and everything else appears solid.

Leak in the rear brake line - currently clamped off. Leak in the rear air shock line - will fix that.

Main goal - make it dependable as soon as possible. Wife's 2.7 chrysler is making noises that I don't like.

After it's dependable - build a lockable storage unit or 2 or 3, and hopefully build some steel bumpers. Have even considered building a roof rack that is supported by the bumpers, so that it's A) removable, and B) not putting weight on fiberglass cap.

The friend who sold me the truck is going to help me install some 70's locking hubs (if I remember correctly) and also suggested finding a wiring harness for a 5.0 mustang so that the injection system could be a little more economical and easier to tune/build.

Anyhow - looking forward to gleaning some information from this group, and hopefully share the project with you. Here's the link to my bronco album: https://goo.gl/photos/yE5yNu5CdTBsop3i9
445 FE Bronco likes this.

Forest
DD - for sale: 06 Subaru Forester 2.5X
Wife's: 02 Chrysler Concorde 2.7 Lxi
Project: 88 Ford Bronco Custom - Fullsize 351 C6 on 33/12.50/15
https://goo.gl/photos/yE5yNu5CdTBsop3i9
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 11:28 AM
Ford Hoarder

Bronco Info: See Signature
There is starting to be a good amount of us here in central(ish) Indiana. I am just over in Franklin not too far away. Circle S industries is over in Martinsville check them out for bumper might be cheaper then you think to have some built. He is really reasonable on cost vs his build quality being as good as it is. There is a little more to making the mustang harness work but being that you have a C6 it will be much easier as you only have to mess with the engine side. My 92 is running a mustang style harness.
Looks like a fun project.

The Street Queen: '92 Eddie Bauer- C6 Swap, Roller 357W 400hp/400ft-lbs, SCT Tuned, 4" Lift, 4.10's,
Go Fastish Build: '78 Custom- 4" Deaver Lift, Mild 460, Full Cage, 4.10's
Build Thread http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/...8-project.html
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 1988 Bronco Custom, 351, C6, 33" on 15", clean mostly but has only bed floor rot.
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyBRONCOguy View Post
There is starting to be a good amount of us here in central(ish) Indiana. I am just over in Franklin not too far away. Circle S industries is over in Martinsville check them out for bumper might be cheaper then you think to have some built. He is really reasonable on cost vs his build quality being as good as it is. There is a little more to making the mustang harness work but being that you have a C6 it will be much easier as you only have to mess with the engine side. My 92 is running a mustang style harness.
Looks like a fun project.
I think I've heard of Circle S Industries. I'll have to check them out. Thanks!

And that's what my buddy said concerning the harness. That with the C6, it'd be a little easier. I'm looking forward to working on this thing!

I wish I had taken a picture of the bed. He has a truck bed that he is willing to give me, and somehow cut out from the wheel wells and down, and scab in the new bed. But, I'd like to try just installing new under support and seeing if that's possible. I don't know how I feel about welding that much.

Good to see someone this close to me.

Forest

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 12:19 PM

Bronco Info: 96 Bronco XL 5.0 E4OD, Man Xfer/Hubs
Garage
Yo treehick,
Welcome!
FYI;
Great job on your Bronco info!!!
For your Broncos issues, it is better to ask each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (75 posts required to view).

How to POST PICTURES

How to use search (Advanced)

See Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links)

Here are some wiring diagrams (partial, 86 through 96) and Technical Service Bulletins, (80 through 96) same as by Ford; Search Wiring Diagrams

Please VOTE FSB for Top4x4 site once daily;
Top4x4Sites.com - Listing some of the top 4x4 and Off Road sites on the web!

See my partially recovered Bronco web site ...Will need to clean up dead links & add many more new links some day. Thanks to Mr. Schwim!
THANKS to ALL WHO SERVE!
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 02:44 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by miesk5 View Post
Yo treehick,
Welcome!
FYI;
Great job on your Bronco info!!!
For your Broncos issues, it is better to ask each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (75 posts required to view).
Top4x4Sites.com - Listing some of the top 4x4 and Off Road sites on the web!
Thank you - it's good to be here and heard.

My friend and I haven't moved the bronco within working distance, nor will I have time to dig into it for probably a week or more.

But whenever I start digging I'll be sure to post individual inquiries, if I am not able to find the answer thru the search bar.

Thanks again.

Forest
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 07:03 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1978 Round headlight, 351M,C6, 9", 44/1991, 445 FE, t19, 205, Dana 60/70, MAF, Moet's
Garage
Howdy neighbor.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 07:45 PM

Bronco Info: 1981 Bronco, 4.9L, T18, NP208
Welcome to the forum neighbor and congrats on your Bronco! You have as much red as I do! I'd encourage you to start a build thread so we can see your progress. It's also a good way for you to keep track of things too.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 09:48 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 91 Bronco w/ 5.0 L V8, Auto w/ E40D
Garage
From over in Lafayette here. PM me if you need patch panels for your bed. I've got a few laying around unused.

1991 Bronco w/ 5.0L V8, Auto w/ E40D trans, factory spare tire rack, factory limited slip diff, dual batteries, custom air intake, 8K lb. winch, tactical seat covers, drop down TV w/ CD/DVD player, 31's on stock suspension, roof baskets, new injectors, rear bumper w/ tire rack, 33" Goodyear Wranglers, 2" suspension lift.

To Do List: paint,
My BKO build: Project Farmhand
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 07:50 AM
Ford Hoarder

Bronco Info: See Signature
There is a new sonic up in greenwood. I think a bronco cruise night is in order.
We have tried to get everyone to show up at suds but has not happened yet.

The Street Queen: '92 Eddie Bauer- C6 Swap, Roller 357W 400hp/400ft-lbs, SCT Tuned, 4" Lift, 4.10's,
Go Fastish Build: '78 Custom- 4" Deaver Lift, Mild 460, Full Cage, 4.10's
Build Thread http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/...8-project.html
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 12:07 AM

Bronco Info: 95 XLT, 351W, E4OD
Welcome to the forum treehick!

Fix it, or fix it so someone has to!
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 11:54 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRWillis View Post
Welcome to the forum neighbor and congrats on your Bronco! You have as much red as I do! I'd encourage you to start a build thread so we can see your progress. It's also a good way for you to keep track of things too.
Thank you!

And I plan to start a build thread once I start digging into it. May be as soon as Monday, depending what I get into tomorrow.

As I was changing my oil today, it appears there's a lot more softness than I originally thought, but frame still looks solid.

Regardless, I'm definitely looking forward to digging into this thing!
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 11:58 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFBronco235 View Post
From over in Lafayette here. PM me if you need patch panels for your bed. I've got a few laying around unused.
I've got a couple pals that are in Lafayette also. One is a home inspector. The home inspector was my mentor when it comes to working on vehicles.

Anyhow, I may take you up on those pieces. I keep telling my wife I need to stop in Lafayette sometime to pick up some things from storage, so maybe I'll have an idea of what I need by than.

However, I might need to focus on drivetrain and fuel before body. But we shall see.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 12:00 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyBRONCOguy View Post
There is a new sonic up in greenwood. I think a bronco cruise night is in order.
We have tried to get everyone to show up at suds but has not happened yet.
Sounds like a plan. Is there a thread for just indiana members?

I doubt I'll be driving my bronco, but who knows! It might happen!
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 12:02 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus View Post
Welcome to the forum treehick!
Thanks! I don't recall getting updates about all these posts, hence the late response..
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 10:57 AM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1978 Round headlight, 351M,C6, 9", 44/1991, 445 FE, t19, 205, Dana 60/70, MAF, Moet's
Garage
Technically you are not a hick, you are actually a red neck LOL, I only know this because I farm.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 06:56 PM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Bronco Info: 92 302 E4od 35s stak3spd monsterbox 4:88 ectedmaxf/r rcv axles hydro-assist steering sas vair
Garage
Welcome, to the greatest Bronco forum on the web! I am originally from Muncie & Marion. But for the last 27 yrs I've been in Arizona!
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 445 FE Bronco View Post
Technically you are not a hick, you are actually a red neck LOL, I only know this because I farm.
Well, my father used to farm and I held a custom harvest job for a couple months. I also would consider a job in farming at some point in my life, if I could.

Also, I guess it would depend on what your definition would be.

In all honesty, I would actually consider myself to be a good ol boy, but that'd be a long username..
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasFREE!!!! View Post
Welcome, to the greatest Bronco forum on the web! I am originally from Muncie & Marion. But for the last 27 yrs I've been in Arizona!
Nice! And thanks!
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 08:08 PM
FSM Lifetime

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by treehick View Post
Well, my father used to farm and I held a custom harvest job for a couple months. I also would consider a job in farming at some point in my life, if I could.

Also, I guess it would depend on what your definition would be.

In all honesty, I would actually consider myself to be a good ol boy, but that'd be a long username..
I guess I am a redbilly, I used to like in the south and move to the Midwest. I still live on a farm.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 02:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 445 FE Bronco View Post
Howdy neighbor.
Just dawned on me on your location! I think I actually looked at a house or two in Peotone in 2009/2010 when I worked in Frankfort, IL.

Forest

Ford Bronco Forum > Welcome > Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode