New here - Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 11:30 PM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 1993 XLT 5.0 E4OD 3.55 rear 33" mud terrains.
Garage
New here

I've referenced this site so many time since purchasing a 1993 Bronco six months ago, with great success. Felt it was time to sign up and share knowledge when possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 12:35 AM
Driving Stuff Henry Built

Bronco Info: -90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35" bfg m/t. --73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
Welcome! Congrats on the Bronco (Even though it's been 6 months). How about some pics?

Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links........................Common Replies to FAQs

“Don't find fault, find a remedy.” -Henry Ford
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 12:59 AM

Bronco Info: 1981 w/302
Garage
Welcome!

Yes! Pics!!!

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 01:00 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Will do, pictures,aside from my avatar, are on old phone. The transmission is currently out of the truck so new pictures after reassembly to come

Schlumberger coil tubing equipment operator, certified Harley Davidson mechanic, Jean Claude Van-Damme stunt double, starting tight end for the University of Texas El-Paso
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 06:29 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Some pictures that I probably didn't upload correctly

So I bought this 1993 XLT in July/August2016. Its has a 5.0L with 170k on odometer. E4OD trans, manual lock hub and manual 4x4 shifter on floor. 3.55 open gearing. So since I've owned the truck I removed the carpet and rhino lined the cab floor, installed rear window motor and rear window glass, installed diamond plate tailgate access panel cover. Replaced burned out instrument cluster lights, installed new cluster dash bezel, new rear window dash button, new passenger door switches, analog oil pressure gauge. New door hinge pins, bushings, and striker bolt. Even with new pin and bushing the drivers door still sagged so I shimmed the door hinge bracket. Installed new heater core, new rear shocks, new brake shoes and drums, new trans cooler lines, new front inner and outer wheel bearings, new rotors and pads. New tie rod ends, installed adjustable caster/camber bushings, drop pitman arm, installed drop axle pivot brackets and performed alignment in my driveway. Installed new front shocks. Installed new 2 core radiator, upper and lower hoses, new water pump, new thermostat, new manifold air temp sensor, new coolant temperature sensor, installed new AC clutch with new bearing. New harmonic balancer and front crank seal. New belt. Repaired valve cover leaks and fuel rail leaks. Installed new ignition coil, distributor cap and rotor, new plugs , new Ford Racing 9mm plug wires. k&N cold air intake. Removed Cat. Converter and installed Flowmaster super 44 muffler. Installed new IAC, idle relearn was interesting to experience. I'm probably forgetting something but currently transmission is out of truck for the second time this week. Initially removed trans because front pump seal total failure while driving 75mph on interstate. Dropped transmission pan and replaced filter and installed new front pump seal. Put transmission back into truck and drove about 4 miles and new pump seal "sunk" from heat letting fluid blow by. When truck is cold seal holds fluid. So 4 miles down the road and dropped trans and order Viton pump seal which I am currently waiting delivery for. Installed new MLPS. That's a lot in seven months. I've done all of this with no physical, monetary, or emotional assistance. It's been rough on my own. There may have been a few things I left out but that's the bulk of it and the reason I have so few pictures. Lol, always working on it. Anyways I just joined and thanks for all the help in advance.

Schlumberger coil tubing equipment operator, certified Harley Davidson mechanic, Jean Claude Van-Damme stunt double, starting tight end for the University of Texas El-Paso

Last edited by Jprovost; 03-03-2017 at 06:56 AM. Reason: Add background information
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 09:56 AM

Bronco Info: 96 Bronco XL 5.0 E4OD, Man Xfer/Hubs
Garage
Yo Jprovost,
Welcome and great overview of your 93!
The pics didn't appear, see ; How to POST PICTURES
FYI;
Check with local dealer to see if cruise control, if equipped recall for your 93 Bronco was performed; "...Ford is recalling 225,000 my 1992-2003 Econoline, 1993-1995 Taurus SHO, 1992-1998 Crown Victoria, 1993 Bronco, F-Series,1995-1997 F-Series Super Duty stripped chassis, 1992-1998 Mercury Grand Marquis, and 1992-1995 Lincoln Town Car vehicles. The affected vehicles were previously repaired using a wiring harness that is not compatible with the vehicle circuit polarity. As a result, the fuse is located in the output circuit rather than in the intended input power feed circuit, and may not offer the intended protection in the event of an electrical short to ground. Dealers will install a new wiring harness, or replace the mating electrical component. The recall began on February 18, 2008. Owners may contact Ford at 1-800-392-3673. Ford recall no. 08s01. Customers may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's vehicle safety hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV..."

Common Replies to FAQs that includes;
How to use search (Advanced)
Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links)

Here are some wiring diagrams (partial, 86 through 96) and Technical Service Bulletins, (80 through 96) same as by Ford;

Enjoy our site & please VOTE FSB for Top4x4 site once daily @ Top4x4Sites.com - Listing some of the top 4x4 and Off Road sites on the web!

See my partially recovered Bronco web site ...Will need to clean up dead links & add many more new links some day. Thanks to Mr. Schwim!
THANKS to ALL WHO SERVE!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
http://www.supermotors.net/registry/27985

Last edited by Jprovost; 03-03-2017 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Don't know what I'm doing
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 11:59 PM
Driving Stuff Henry Built

Bronco Info: -90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35" bfg m/t. --73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
Good looking truck.

Looks like you're almost there for posting pics in the thread. Get to the pic you want in the size you want, right click on the pic, hit Copy Image Location*. When you get back here, in the Reply To Thread window click on the Insert Image icon , then paste the URL you copied in the pop up. It adds the correct tags & brackets for you. Stealing Pepe's example, it will look like this in the Reply To window:

{IMG}http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/1105169/fullsize/img_0161.jpg%20alt={/IMG}

except the {} are []. With the correct brackets that ^ code appears in the thread like the middle pic below.

*Or you can copy one of the URLs in the boxes to the left of the pic & paste it here. The little pic above is the "Thumb" URL from one of those boxes. If you click on the little pic it will take you to a larger one.

Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links........................Common Replies to FAQs

“Don't find fault, find a remedy.” -Henry Ford
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 08:29 AM

Bronco Info: 1979 Bronco 351m
Garage
very cool!

Welcome

79 Bronco
71 Torino
67 Charger
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
Good looking truck.

Looks like you're almost there for posting pics in the thread. Get to the pic you want in the size you want, right click on the pic, hit Copy Image Location*. When you get back here, in the Reply To Thread window click on the Insert Image icon , then paste the URL you copied in the pop up. It adds the correct tags & brackets for you. Stealing Pepe's example, it will look like this in the Reply To window:

{IMG}http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/1105169/fullsize/img_0161.jpg%20alt={/IMG}

except the {} are []. With the correct brackets that ^ code appears in the thread like the middle pic below.

*Or you can copy one of the URLs in the boxes to the left of the pic & paste it here. The little pic above is the "Thumb" URL from one of those boxes. If you click on the little pic it will take you to a larger one.
Roger that. Thanks for the help
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

Garage
So my Viton E4OD front pump seal arrived. Installing tomorrow, hopefully it gets me further than 4 miles like the brand new silicon seal I installed last Monday
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 03:35 PM

Welcome and good luck!

96 Bronco, 5.8, E40D, manual everything (win,locks,hubs,tcase), vinyl seats, no carpet (bedliner), 4" RC lift, sway delete, custom cut fenders, and 35" MTRs. " Hell yeah I'll climb it!"
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Welcome and good luck!
Thank you
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 10:39 PM

Bronco Info: 1981 Bronco, 4.9L, T18, NP208
Welcome to the forum. Nice looking' 93 and looks like you've been busy fixin' her up! Hope your tranny fix holds this time.

Ford Bronco Forum > Welcome > Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode