Just picked up a '94 XLT - Ford Bronco Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hendry Hill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 1994 Bronco XLT
Just picked up a '94 XLT

New Member here from NY. I owned a '93 XLT back in '03 and have been looking for one for about a year now. I found a '94 in NJ last week and just brought her home last Saturday. It's clean with only rust on the gate and just starting on the quarters. It has a few problems, ABS light is on, AC doesn't work, interior needs some attention. Only paid $2K.

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm not sure how far I am going to take this thing. I am not into 4 wheeling or anything. Just looking for a cruiser with the top off. Looking forward to searching the site. I am a former body/collision tech of 12 years if anyone needs help.
huck2080 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 04:25 PM
Charlie doesn't surf!!

Bronco Info: 1992 xlt, 351EFI, .040, E4OD, D44 SAS w/Trutrac,Detroit locked 8.8, MAF conv, Tweeced
Garage
nice looking Bronco..welcome to the site!!

are you this Hendry Hill??

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

YYYesssI am. HAHA

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 06:58 PM

Bronco Info: 1996, 351W, E4OD, BFG 33x12.5 KM2, 15x10 Pro Comp, D44/8.8 3.55LS, JBG Level Kit, (6) ES9000 Shocks
This is how I get when People talk politics but don't know who the Rothchilds are.

"I mean, it had a little growl to it, GROWL?? That was an exhaust leak." - PhantomWorks

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 06:59 PM

Bronco Info: 1996, 351W, E4OD, BFG 33x12.5 KM2, 15x10 Pro Comp, D44/8.8 3.55LS, JBG Level Kit, (6) ES9000 Shocks
Welcome to FSB.

"I mean, it had a little growl to it, GROWL?? That was an exhaust leak." - PhantomWorks

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 07:13 PM

Bronco Info: 96 Bronco XL 5.0 E4OD, Man Xfer/Hubs
Garage
Yo Hendry Hill,
Looks very good, congrats & Welcome to FSB!
fyi:
Check with local dealer to see if cruise control, if equipped recall was performed, have VIN ready. "Summary: ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AND MOTOR HOMES CHASSIS, THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH MAY, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, LEAK INTERNALLY AND THEN OVERHEAT, SMOKE, OR BURN. THIS COULD RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE."
For your Broncos questions, it is better to ask each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (75 posts required to view).

Common Replies to FAQs includes for example:
How to use search (Advanced)
Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links)

Here are some wiring diagrams (partial, 86 through 96) and Technical Service Bulletins, (80 through 96) same as by Ford; Search Wiring Diagrams

Enjoy our site & please VOTE FSB for Top4x4 site once daily @ Top4x4Sites.com - Listing some of the top 4x4 and Off Road sites on the web!

See my partially recovered Bronco web site ...Will need to clean up dead links & add many more new links some day. Thanks to Mr. Schwim!
THANKS to ALL WHO SERVE!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 10:47 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 78 Custom, 84 Custom, 74 Ranger - stock, 76 Trail Rig
Garage
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

I'll check on the recall for Cruise Control, thanks for the info. Not sure if they would even look at it though seeing as how the button falls right off.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 04:17 PM

Bronco Info: 96 Bronco XL 5.0 E4OD, Man Xfer/Hubs
Garage
Yo,
Ok, ask anyway because it must be done by you or Ford to avoid a possible fire.

Recall Problem; "...I have a 95 Bronco and back in feb.-11- 2010 my rig's master cylinder's Speed Control Deactivation Switch connection caught fire, this is what the recall "speed control system" is and the recall is still on going. Just go to Welcome to Ford Owner | Official Ford Owner Site to find out about recalls. After contacting Fordowner.com and filing a claim they passed it on to the claims group @ FORD to be reviewed. Once the group reviewed my claim then someone got in touch with me, I have to mail copys of my title, bill of sale, ect. and copy's of photos of the damage to her. She said that the dealer dose not have parts for vehicles 10 years and older so I have to get my local shop to replace the master cylinder and the wires that were effected by the break fluid and their labor cast, she will cut me/the shop a check and then after the work is done then the dealer will look it over to make sure the truck and the work is up-to-date. All this to fix something that at most costs $200. WTF..."
Source: by Belafox at FSB

Recall History @ Ford Cruise Control Deactivation Switch Recalls and History - Center for Autosafety
Very confusing to me because I don't have the date that recall took effect & my eyesight is off today, making me want to head butt my Samsun TABLET.

"Are there any limitations on my right to have a recalled vehicle remedied at no charge?
Yes. There is a limitation based on the age of the vehicle. In order to be eligible for a free remedy, the vehicle cannot be more than 10 years old on the date the defect or noncompliance is determined. Under the law, the age of the vehicle is calculated from the date of sale to the first purchaser. For example, if a defect is found in 2003 and a recall ordered, manufacturers are required to make the correction available at no charge only for vehicles purchased new in 1994 through 2003. However, consumers should realize that even though manufacturers are not obligated to remedy safety defects in older cars, a safety problem might still exist. If you receive notification of a defect on a vehicle older than 10 years, take the responsibility to have your car repaired at your own expense – and eliminate unnecessary safety risks.

Also, if the manufacturer challenges the agency’s final decision of a safety defect, there is no obligation for the manufacturer to remedy the defect while the case is in court. If you decide to have your vehicle remedied at your own expense while the case is pending and the court upholds NHTSA’s final decision, you may be entitled to reimbursement. (Be sure to save all receipts and paperwork so that you can prove the repairs were made.) However, if the court ultimately rules the defect is not safety related, Federal law..." read more @
https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/recalls/recallprocess.cfm

See my partially recovered Bronco web site ...Will need to clean up dead links & add many more new links some day. Thanks to Mr. Schwim!
THANKS to ALL WHO SERVE!

Ford Bronco Forum > Welcome > Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode