• 1 Post By TTEChris
  • 1 Post By Jimmyz
  • 1 Post By TTEChris

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 1994 XLT Bronco
Garage
New to me 1994 Bronco

I've built several JK wranglers, but I was tired of seeing them everywhere and I wanted something that would be more of a project. I sold my 2016 Wrangler, and picked up a 1994 XLT Bronco with a few mods already on it(The way I am most of it will end up being replaced.)
In the two weeks I've had it I have replaced both window motors, the rear window switch, attempted to fix my A/C(Previous owner installed the expansion valve backwards, so who knows what else is wrong with it.) I fixed a issue where the previous owner installed the Throttle Position sensor backwards causing the 5.8l to bog down every time I hit the throttle. I still have a slight hessitation between 2-3k RPM's but it drives much better! I temporarily removed the 35 from the stock carrier(It was causing way to many rattles.)
Who knows what else I will find backwards the more I dig into it...

storminc likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 09:46 PM

Wow, looks great.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 10:04 PM

Bronco Info: 95 bronco 5.0 (original) swap to 5.8 (in process)
Garage
Love the color. Nice

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 11:12 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 93 5.8L tons of stuff
That's purdy
Don't know that I've seen that color scheme before.
Welcome to FSB!!!

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 11:35 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks everyone. This forum has been great so far. Tons of information!
storminc likes this.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 01:08 AM

Bronco Info: 94 Bronco 5.8L
Garage
Looks great, If you don't mind me asking, How much did you pay for it? How many miles on it?
Scratch likes this.

1994 Bronco XLT, 5.8L, 33x12.50 Mickey Thompson MTZ's, 15x8" Raceline Rockcrusher wheels, Moog824 coil springs, Redhead steering box, (6) KYB shocks,
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 11:13 AM

Bronco Info: 96 Bronco XL 5.0 E4OD, Man Xfer/Hubs
Garage
Yo TTEChris,
Welcome!
Looks good!

Check with local dealer to see if cruise control, if equipped recall was performed, have VIN ready. "Summary: ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AND MOTOR HOMES CHASSIS, THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH MAY, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, LEAK INTERNALLY AND THEN OVERHEAT, SMOKE, OR BURN. THIS COULD RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE."

When you have time, fill out your Bronco Info with year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. for better responses.
Click User CP
Edit Your Details,
Scroll down to Bronco Info

If you have any Broncos questions, it is better to ask each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (75 posts required to view).

Common Replies to FAQs includes for example:
How to use search (Advanced)
Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links)

Here are some wiring diagrams (partial, 86 through 96) and Technical Service Bulletins, (80 through 96) same as by Ford; Search Wiring Diagrams

Enjoy our site & please VOTE FSB for Top4x4 site once daily @ Top4x4Sites.com - Listing some of the top 4x4 and Off Road sites on the web!

See my partially recovered Bronco web site ...Will need to clean up dead links & add many more new links some day. Thanks to Mr. Schwim!
THANKS to ALL WHO SERVE!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 11:20 AM

Bronco Info: 1996 Eddie Bauer
Garage
Wow! That is pristine, guess that's what happens when you live in Texas right haha.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Jimmyz - It has 132k miles on it, we settled for $6500. (Getting into it now, I think I would have offered less.)
miesk5 - Thanks for the info, I'll be sure to check it out and fill out the rest of my vehicles info.
Fitzy - You would be suprised at some of the broncos I looked at in TX! This one has the usual rust spot in the rain gutters that every one I looked at had, but other than that I didn't find any other obvious rust. I ordered new window/tailgate seals to prevent water from getting in those areas(This Bronco must have been garage kept most of its life b/c the seals were shot and there is no rust in the tailgate/door panels.)
Scratch likes this.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 12:38 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 86 XLT 351 HO, Holley 650, 3" Exhaust, 6L Up, 265/75R16 Dirt Commanders, & 85 302 EFI, AOD, 6L Up
Garage
New to me 1994 Bronco

Love it - my 86 is similar color

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Nice bronco!
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 11:35 PM

Bronco Info: 1993 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8l Stock (except for all of the missing stuff)
Garage
Welcome. Looks great. Wish mine looked that good, but, I paid a lot less for mine.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 01:52 AM

Bronco Info: 88 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTEChris View Post
I've built several JK wranglers, but I was tired of seeing them everywhere and I wanted something that would be more of a project. I sold my 2016 Wrangler, and picked up a 1994 XLT Bronco with a few mods already on it(The way I am most of it will end up being replaced.)
In the two weeks I've had it I have replaced both window motors, the rear window switch, attempted to fix my A/C(Previous owner installed the expansion valve backwards, so who knows what else is wrong with it.) I fixed a issue where the previous owner installed the Throttle Position sensor backwards causing the 5.8l to bog down every time I hit the throttle. I still have a slight hessitation between 2-3k RPM's but it drives much better! I temporarily removed the 35 from the stock carrier(It was causing way to many rattles.)
Who knows what else I will find backwards the more I dig into it...

Same here, still have my '13 JK, and nearly stock TJ that my youngest daught drives. I did build a CJ with a 350M.

New to Broncos, but know it will be fun. I love how few of these are around.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Ford Bronco Forum > Welcome > Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode