This site has too many ads and not enough Bronco. What happened?? - Ford Bronco Forum
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 1978 Bronco, 466 EFI
This site has too many ads and not enough Bronco. What happened??

I'm bowing out guys. After the data breach and the changes to the site that take forever to load...I've had enough. It takes me several minutes just to login so I can get around the ads. And seriously, how many times do I have to watch a Government Motors ad pop up on a Ford site??

Mods, do what you want with this. Its no longer fun, I am packing up my toys and going home. Adios to all my friends. If you know me you know where to reach me.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work- Thomas A Edison
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 08:43 PM
Resurection Ranch

Bronco Info: Blue Eyes,Black Stallion, Shadow & Filly
BigWheelz I hate to see you go man. You bring lots of knowledge to the site. Please reconsider?

Vote me your Sept. FOTM!

Rick
My Projects- "Left for Dead"
Filly

tidewaterbroncos@gmail.com (also on facebook)
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 08:53 PM

Bronco Info: 85 Bronco, 306ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
Garage
Why does it take several minutes to log in? You on dial-up? I have only one ad per page and usually it's from a site I was browsing earlier. If you are getting more ads than that it's not showing up on my end.

94 Bronco XLT. Beefy 351, 6" , 37's, 4.88: burnt
85 Bronco custom, 4" 37's, locked 4.56, 300 i6 4 bbl, np435/208
96 f350 XL, rclb, 351, c6, BW4407 xfer
78 f150 Ranger, 351m, t18, np205, rusty
90 f150, 95 f250, 96 f350 psd: stolen, sold, and burnt, respectively.

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 09:00 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1978 Round headlight, 351M,C6, 9", 44/1991, 445 FE, t19, 205, Dana 60/70, MAF, Moet's
Garage
Takes me less than a second on Verison, must be something else? I use an iPad on mobile.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 09:45 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1988 5.0L E/B AOD, bone stock+ 1993 5.8L E/B, E4OD, 4"lift with 33's
I have to say. This site is a pain on my phone. Any site is a pain come to think of it! But you need to know, I hate my phone! It's a $120.00 Wal Mart ASUS something or nother. I get home and fire up the computer with Firefox and I have no issues what so ever. I think that phones are being put under attack or something, but I really don't care. Actually the problem is that the tech we have on our home computers to block popups and all that other crap hasn't made it to the phone market. Maybe it has, but then again. Don't care. To me my phone is a watch and a camera that tries to get the internet. Not impressed. Me get an Ipad? NOT!!
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-03-2016, 12:35 AM
Harley's & Bronco's FTW!

Bronco Info: '95 XLT, 5.8/E4OD/MassAir/6" lift/4.56's/35x12.5 BFG AT-KO2
Garage
Hey buddy... we sure would appreciate it if you hung around a bit longer to see if someone can help you figure out the issue.
Trust me, if everyone were having as many issues... I'm sure we'd hear a lions roar from the membership and not just a few pipping up here and there.

We've got some pretty tech savvy folks around here and I'm pretty confident, if you just hang in there a little and work with 'em a little, try some things out... they can help you get back to cruising the site comfortably again.

After some of the messes we've had around here, I can't blame you for thinking the joint is jacked up... but usually we get a big thread with a lot of posts going when something as major as you're talking about is hitting everyone.

If you'd rather not... I think it's a damn shame and you will be missed.
dash_cam likes this.

"When life throws you a curve... LEAN INTO IT!"

SuperMotors - Since 2002
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-03-2016, 12:54 AM
House of Windsor 4ever!

Bronco Info: 79 Ranchero GT/97 Eddie Bauer Exploder 5.0 AWD
Garage
I'm the first to rail against the sites for various issues, ads among them (especially with motion/animation, which gobbles bandwidth) and I'm on a tablet using Verizon 4G LTE, with only small amounts of slowdown. I'm not the most patient or even-tempered of men, and this tablet's idiosyncrasies drive me up the wall, but I try. I keep on coming in, and I keep with it because the cameaderie keeps me coming back. You have a Thomas Edison quote in your signature, and in this instance, I honestly think it's right. You may be foregoing opportunity simply because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

[Silver70] In 100 years, when astronauts visit the landing site, they'll stumble upon the little FSB rover with a busted driveshaft, twisted up on a moon-rock flexing the SAS, and think, "Man... those things can go anywhere. Screw Jeep."
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-03-2016, 02:29 AM

Bronco Info: '96 Black 302 XLT - '94 Green 351 E. B. both are E4OD, 3.55 axles, 31 10.50x15
I use Firefox as my browser. The add-ons, Adblock Plus, and NoScript are very effective in stopping the ads. There's a little learning curve, once you get through that, it works great. (This is on a PC, a phone will be different.)
Heihachi1337 likes this.

"The simplest solution is usually the best solution" - Occam's Razor

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them." - Albert Einstein
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-03-2016, 02:44 AM

Bronco Info: 1996 Ford Bronco XL
Garage
^^^^^^
This.
Sorry, I'm sure it hurts webpages, but until someone reigns in all the intrusive ads and starts punishing advertisers that don't have security checks done on ads I will continue to block all the BS.

1996 Bronco XL, 5.8L w/ K&N filter, shorty headers, larger exhaust, E4OD, 3.55 gears, 8.8 (Ford's wannabe GM rear axle), Dana 44, 31x10.5R15....so mostly stock.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-03-2016, 05:56 AM
Ford Hoarder

Bronco Info: See Signature
I know its not for everyone, but with "lifetime" status I do not have ad issues. Site looks basically the same for as it has since I have joined, especially since I keep the old skin

The Street Queen: '92 Eddie Bauer- C6 Swap, Roller 357W 400hp/400ft-lbs, SCT Tuned, 4" Lift, 4.10's,
Go Fastish Build: '78 Custom- 4" Deaver Lift, Mild 460, Full Cage, 4.10's
Build Thread http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/...8-project.html
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-03-2016, 07:58 AM
si vis pacem, para bellum

Bronco Info: 1989 Incendiary Device XLT 5.0 32x11.50 AOD
i use ublock on chrome and rarely see ads. i also added magic actions for youtube and dont see the youtube ads now.

i will say though that i think this place has taken a major hit since it was sold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRONCONUT View Post
I told my wife she would be more likely to leave before my bko.
USAF ballistically integrated tactical cargo handler

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-dub View Post
If I had to pick a lord and savior it would be John Moses Browning .
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-03-2016, 08:23 AM

Bronco Info: 85 Bronco, 306ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
Garage
I guess I should mention in addition to my first post, I read and post exclusively from my super cheap android cell phone, from the browser, not taptatalk. As CBG said above, it still looks and functions like it did when I joined back in 06.

94 Bronco XLT. Beefy 351, 6" , 37's, 4.88: burnt
85 Bronco custom, 4" 37's, locked 4.56, 300 i6 4 bbl, np435/208
96 f350 XL, rclb, 351, c6, BW4407 xfer
78 f150 Ranger, 351m, t18, np205, rusty
90 f150, 95 f250, 96 f350 psd: stolen, sold, and burnt, respectively.
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-03-2016, 12:04 PM
Resident Nice Guy

Bronco Info: 1979 Ranger XLT, 351m, 4 speed
Garage
It would literally take less than a couple minutes to give you an ad-free experience everywhere on the web. Just say the word if you want it.

And if you don't, I'm pouring a 40 for you. Now my office floor is all sticky and my cats are shitfaced.

BikerPepe`, jopes, Weber and 1 others like this.

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

Schwim! A social site with an identity crisis.
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-03-2016, 10:51 PM
House of Windsor 4ever!

Bronco Info: 79 Ranchero GT/97 Eddie Bauer Exploder 5.0 AWD
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwim View Post
Now my office floor is all sticky and my cats are shitfaced.

I said 'opportunities' not inebriation!

[Silver70] In 100 years, when astronauts visit the landing site, they'll stumble upon the little FSB rover with a busted driveshaft, twisted up on a moon-rock flexing the SAS, and think, "Man... those things can go anywhere. Screw Jeep."
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-04-2016, 12:07 AM
Harley's & Bronco's FTW!

Garage
we'll just have to hope he logs in again sometime. bailed 2 min. after his post and hasn't been back.

SuperMotors - Since 2002
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-04-2016, 03:15 PM

Bronco Info: 1990 F150, 5.8 w/GT40X heads, Lightning intake, E4OD, 33" tires, detroit locker rear & true trac fro
The site is very buggy for me too. It started with the changes but got much worse when I "upgraded" to windows ten. Oddly, I made an off topic comment to someone else's in a Hydroboost thread. Since then the bugs have been less??

It was recommended to me to become a paying member. I may try this option. It isn't the money stopping me. Just wanted to make sure that WILL solve my issues.

Anyone?

tim
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-04-2016, 04:08 PM
Harley's & Bronco's FTW!

Garage
Unfortunately, I've been Liftetime FSM for so long now... I couldn't say but the best question to fix "buggy" or glitchy behavior for a non-paying membership would be to ask about an Ad blocker. Do you have one installed in your browser? Also... you say it got worse when you upgraded to Windows 10, which makes me think you're using Internet Explorer or "E" browser. Is that correct? Have you or would you consider using a different browser? I've been using Firefox since I stopped doing tech support for Microsoft, long, long ago and I've been very happy with it... especially for a freebie. Combined with "Adblock Plus" (another freebie) and I can surf everything that matters to me without hassle.

SuperMotors - Since 2002
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-04-2016, 04:12 PM
Resident Nice Guy

Bronco Info: 1979 Ranger XLT, 351m, 4 speed
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS 90F150 View Post
It was recommended to me to become a paying member. I may try this option. It isn't the money stopping me. Just wanted to make sure that WILL solve my issues.

Anyone?

tim
Hi there Tim,

The reason that was suggested to you is because paying members see less to none of the advertising that is placed on the site, depending on the page and most of the issues people are witnessing are due to these ads. To keep from beating the same horse, check out this discussion from page two. In it, I discuss what is happening and what you can do to stop it from happening from your end.

I'm not suggesting this solution in lieu of becoming a paying member. I think it's awesome to show the sites you frequent some love but at the same time, nobody can guarantee you that becoming a paying member will solve your problems and the few steps in my linked topic will let you know without a doubt whether it will or not.
BikerPepe` likes this.

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

Schwim! A social site with an identity crisis.
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-04-2016, 04:51 PM

Bronco Info: 1990 F150, 5.8 w/GT40X heads, Lightning intake, E4OD, 33" tires, detroit locker rear & true trac fro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerPepe` View Post
Unfortunately, I've been Liftetime FSM for so long now... I couldn't say but the best question to fix "buggy" or glitchy behavior for a non-paying membership would be to ask about an Ad blocker. Do you have one installed in your browser? Also... you say it got worse when you upgraded to Windows 10, which makes me think you're using Internet Explorer or "E" browser. Is that correct? Have you or would you consider using a different browser? I've been using Firefox since I stopped doing tech support for Microsoft, long, long ago and I've been very happy with it... especially for a freebie. Combined with "Adblock Plus" (another freebie) and I can surf everything that matters to me without hassle.
Thanks Pepe.
I would consider any of the above. Especially if I don't have to pay for the usage. I would certainly be interested in any help you could provide me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwim View Post
Hi there Tim,

The reason that was suggested to you is because paying members see less to none of the advertising that is placed on the site, depending on the page and most of the issues people are witnessing are due to these ads. To keep from beating the same horse, check out this discussion from page two. In it, I discuss what is happening and what you can do to stop it from happening from your end.

I'm not suggesting this solution in lieu of becoming a paying member. I think it's awesome to show the sites you frequent some love but at the same time, nobody can guarantee you that becoming a paying member will solve your problems and the few steps in my linked topic will let you know without a doubt whether it will or not.
Thanks for the information. I will check out that link and see what I can gather from it. Thank you very much.

I am presently drinking beer on my front porch, sitting with my wife "reliving our youth" so, all of this will need to wait until tomorrow though.

But thanks again, I hope I am an enough of a valuable member that no one wants to see me go either.

later
tim
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 04:25 PM
Eric

Bronco Info: '88 Bronco XLT, 5.0L, AOD, 33's
I just installed AdBlock Plus (as recommended by schwim and Pepe`) about 15 minutes ago. Literally. My Windows 10 just auto-updated to a better version, today, which allowed me to install AdBlock, finally. It was free and, so far, works great. FSB loads much faster now and I don't have any lagging issues or scrolling problems due to lagging issues. Ads are, for the most part, gone.

Thanks schwim and Pepe`!
BikerPepe` and schwim like this.

Ford Bronco Forum > Welcome > Suggestions, Feedback & Site Help

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode