Had a total site crash??? - Ford Bronco Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By jopes
  • 1 Post By schwim

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-21-2016, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1978 Round headlight, 351M,C6, 9", 44/1991, 445 FE, t19, 205, Dana 60/70, MAF, Moet's
Garage
Had a total site crash???

Things have been running slow but today total lockup and had to reset my password, after trying to sign it several times it would not reset? Finally after reaching my sign in limit i let thing go for a few hours and finally go back on. Now i have all kinds of lockups and pages frequently time out, i cleared my cache and restarted and still thing are totally freaking out. I have and ipad pro that i recently updated to IOS 10 ( big mistake) as now everything on the site is going haywire? Any suggestions from the tecno gurus out there?

Last edited by 445 FE Bronco; 10-21-2016 at 07:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-21-2016, 08:15 PM
Resident Nice Guy

Bronco Info: 1979 Ranger XLT, 351m, 4 speed
Garage
Hi there boss,

Is this the only site you're having an issue with? I think I remember you saying that you use the desktop template on your iPad because you didn't like the mobile templates. Does the issue also happen if you're using the mobile template?

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

Schwim! A social site with an identity crisis.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-21-2016, 08:23 PM
gone fish'n

Bronco Info: pile of parts
the whole internet is ****ed today.

This Is Why Half the Internet Shut Down Today
BikerPepe` likes this.

'01 F250, 444ci of straight piped oil burning fun. 4x4, 6 spd, GTP38R noise maker, Stage 2 injektorz. Lotsa fun!

Let's Go Fishing.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-21-2016, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1978 Round headlight, 351M,C6, 9", 44/1991, 445 FE, t19, 205, Dana 60/70, MAF, Moet's
Garage
Just here, tried several other sites and ran like lightening fast. Tried to load different templates and would not load. I am running the full version now, usually i have no issues at all. Now things are dial up slow like AOL 56K slow.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-21-2016, 09:11 PM
Resident Nice Guy

Garage
When you say it's slow, do you mean there's a really long pause before anything happens and then it begins building the page or do you mean that the page is loading little bits at a time, like you see the header and then some time later, some topics, etc.?

My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-21-2016, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
FSM Lifetime

Garage
A little at a time the display fills with the load, it seems to be speeding up now that i reset everything. Maybe after the update it just needs to relearn? It starts loading the header then maybe half the page and pauses, also replies take sometimes 30-60 seconds to post. Sometimes even times out, other times stuff will go fast as normal. At first it was consistant and now sporadic.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-21-2016, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
FSM Lifetime

Garage
Also as i scroll the screen flashes blank white and then reloads.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-21-2016, 09:54 PM
Resident Nice Guy

Garage
Well, we can rule out the DNS issue linked above, as that impacts domain name resolution and wouldn't have anything to do with HTML parsing(the part your browser is having a problem with).

Just to see if we can clean up the amount of code your browser has to work with, could I get you to install Adguard from the iTunes store? It's free and works as a whole-device ad and malware blocker.

Once you've installed it, just start it up and see if browsing the site afterwards is working any better for you. Let me know how that works for you.
445 FE Bronco likes this.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-22-2016, 12:02 AM
gone fish'n

Bronco Info: pile of parts
Windows desktop?

'01 F250, 444ci of straight piped oil burning fun. 4x4, 6 spd, GTP38R noise maker, Stage 2 injektorz. Lotsa fun!

Let's Go Fishing.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-22-2016, 08:43 AM
Resident Nice Guy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jopes View Post
Windows desktop?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 445 FE Bronco View Post
I have and ipad pro that i recently updated to IOS 10 ( big mistake)
He's rocking a tablet.

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-22-2016, 09:25 AM Thread Starter
FSM Lifetime

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwim View Post
Well, we can rule out the DNS issue linked above, as that impacts domain name resolution and wouldn't have anything to do with HTML parsing(the part your browser is having a problem with).

Just to see if we can clean up the amount of code your browser has to work with, could I get you to install Adguard from the iTunes store? It's free and works as a whole-device ad and malware blocker.

Once you've installed it, just start it up and see if browsing the site afterwards is working any better for you. Let me know how that works for you.
Will do, i had log in issues again last night and just got in this morning.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-22-2016, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
FSM Lifetime

Garage
Excellent, works awsome again, stupid ads were overloading my processor speed and refresh rate i guess. Is there a way to increase the page refresh rate? Just wondering, on my old windows systen i had a way of speeding up my page refresh rate to increase page loading speed, but that was an old windows system. Wish i could drive up my clock speed but being a tablet i do not belive i can mess with the processor speed at all. What would i do without you brainiacs over here LOL. Thanks again!

Last edited by 445 FE Bronco; 10-22-2016 at 10:26 AM.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-22-2016, 10:37 AM
Resident Nice Guy

Garage
Very glad to hear that it helped :)

Regarding refresh rates, processor speeds and related, there's not a lot you can do under the hood to make it faster. You can, however, be sure you're not running more stuff than you need. Your processor, memory, etc. are finite and apps running(even if you're not using them) can hurt the performance of everything you do on the device.

My first suggestion would be to uninstall apps you don't use. Some very problematic and resource expensive apps, like Facebook, are better being removed completely and you using the website instead. They are constantly working in the background and sometimes can cripple devices, depending on their capabilities.

Secondly, restarting the device at least once a day is a great way to make sure you don't have any apps hanging, memory leaks or other issues that degrade the performance of your device over time.

Finally, and not to sound like a tin-foil hat wearer, if you're on less than brand new iAnything devices, DO NOT upgrade the OS to 10. There are a lot of reports that 10 is a nightmare on the older hardware and some even suspect it's Apple's way of trying to force you into an upgrade once you've got 10 and can't use it on your current device.

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-22-2016, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
FSM Lifetime

Garage
It is a new device, i just got the latest greatest when my stuff got swiped a few months ago. I sprung for the ipad pro for the bigger screen to make viewing easier as i am blind as a bat.

Ford Bronco Forum > Welcome > Suggestions, Feedback & Site Help

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode