• 1 Post By Dman94X
  • 1 Post By Audra
  • 1 Post By BikerPepe`
  • 1 Post By BikerPepe`
  • 3 Post By Audra

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 1979 Bronco 400m
Thumbs down Supermotors giving me problems...

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question or if anyone here can help me, but I already 'contacted' Supoermotors with no luck yet...

Maybe I just need to vent.

Does anyone else have repeated issues with Supermotors? I created an album, and when I add new pictures to it, they now don't get updated to and show up in the public registry. I can see the album and pictures I've added in the 'Edit Album' page of my garage, but when I navigate to the same page via the Public Registry link, they aren't there. Has anyone had this problem before?

I tried creating a completely new duplicate album from scratch too, and same thing. I see it in the 'Edit Album' page, but it doesn't show up in the public registry page.

Also, does anyone continually get their uploading process stopped by an error saying the server is busy or under maintenance? This happens to me all the time...

Very annoying as I'd really like to update my bumper build thread...

1979 Bronco 400m 0.060 over 'Black Betty'
-Edelbrock Carb & Manifold, Hedman Headers, Flowmaster Dual Mufflers, Comp Cams Extreme Energy Cam & Valvetrain Kit
-Duff LAs, WH progressive coils, Bilstein 7100s Lincoln HB, York OBA, Taurus Radiator Fan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 12:59 PM

Bronco Info: 96 Bronco XL 5.0 E4OD, Man Xfer/Hubs
Garage
yo vrewald,
SM has many issues for me and others as well.
I sent messages to the owner, Dana;
"SM has been agonizingly slow to open lately.
And unfortunately, the pop-up ads block out too much of a picture or narrative.
Both combined is not worth the wait.
Some forums are suggesting using photobucket to store their vehicle pics. "
No reply.

Mention your issues to Dana @
SuperMotors Support & Suggestions | SuperMotors.net Forums | SuperMotors.net
vrewald likes this.

See my partially recovered Bronco web site ...Will need to clean up dead links & add many more new links some day. Thanks to Mr. Schwim!
THANKS to ALL WHO SERVE!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 01:15 PM
Retiring Soon

Bronco Info: '95 XLT, 5.8/E4OD/MassAir/6" lift/4.56's/35x12.5 BFG AT-KO2
Garage
SuperMotors is a Love/Hate kinda place. When they're working right, they're awesome. Problem is... that's maybe 60% of the time.

Unfortunately, (imho) Photo Buckets been reported to have similar issues (as of late) and imgur and others are just not as simple and straight forward to use.
Finding a good, free pic hosting service that allows for easy linking to other site is getting harder and harder to do. That and 14 years worth of uploaded bikes and trucks is the only reason I haven't dumped them myself.

There's always the paid FSB: Fullsize Member upgrade that allows you to post directly to FSB's server but it's also not designed for remote hosting and working with previously uploaded images can be a hassle. Not trying to PIMP, just sayin'.

Sorry. Wish I/we had a better solution.
vrewald and CDA 455 like this.

"When life throws you a curve... LEAN INTO IT!"

SuperMotors - Since 2002

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 01:29 PM

Bronco Info: 1994 XLT and 1996 XL
Typical experience for me as well.

I wish google drive allowed you to link directly to images and share with the public.
vrewald likes this.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerPepe` View Post
SuperMotors is a Love/Hate kinda place. When they're working right, they're awesome. Problem is... that's maybe 60% of the time.

Unfortunately, (imho) Photo Buckets been reported to have similar issues (as of late) and imgur and others are just not as simple and straight forward to use.
Finding a good, free pic hosting service that allows for easy linking to other site is getting harder and harder to do. That and 14 years worth of uploaded bikes and trucks is the only reason I haven't dumped them myself.

There's always the paid FSB: Fullsize Member upgrade that allows you to post directly to FSB's server but it's also not designed for remote hosting and working with previously uploaded images can be a hassle. Not trying to PIMP, just sayin'.

Sorry. Wish I/we had a better solution.
Hey BikerPepe, could you clarify a bit about the paid FSB membership?

With the paid membership, do you actually batch upload all pics to a library to then insert links into your posts, kinda like how we do with Supermotors?

Or, can you simply insert your pictures into a post directly from your computer? Just trying to imagine how it would work with the membership...

-Edelbrock Carb & Manifold, Hedman Headers, Flowmaster Dual Mufflers, Comp Cams Extreme Energy Cam & Valvetrain Kit
-Duff LAs, WH progressive coils, Bilstein 7100s Lincoln HB, York OBA, Taurus Radiator Fan
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 02:32 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: Some Broncos
When did Eric Long sell supermotors?

I feel out of the loop.

I'm too lazy to move all of those pictures.
BikerPepe` likes this.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 02:35 PM
Retiring Soon

Garage
@vrewald Here's a link to the upgrade page: http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/payments.php

Basically, it's like your second explanation given. I can't remember off-hand how many images per posting... but I'm thinking like 5 or so, uploaded individually.
The only interface to upload them is when making a new thread or post BUT... in the User Control Panel, you have the option to manage attachments, under Miscellaneous / Attachments. A few years back, I asked AutoGuide to add an option to view thumbnails of the attachments (it's listed in the bottom, left IF you have the upgrade), so at least we could see more than just a file name before opening the image file and that's helped a lot. From there... you can view and delete images, or you can open them, grab the URL address of the image file and use the boards image code to embed them again, in any other postings you make.

It's far from ideal... but it wasn't designed to be used like we do. It was originally more of an "on the fly" kinda thing.
Hope that all makes sense but it likely depends on your internet savvy (no offense intended).

The FSM upgrade has been kept around for additional functionality upgrade to the free accounts but at $20 a yr. (or even the $120 for FSM-Life), AutoGuide could take it or leave it and it has no bearing on the volunteer staff, so we don't try to "sales pitch" it or anything. If you wanna give it a try... cool. We'll be happy to help you figure it out but if not... no worries there either.

If you're willing to pay... there may be better options out there. That, I don't know... because I'm a cheap, broke bastard.

@Audra Eirc sold out years ago darlin'. Damn shame too... at least he used to care. Now days we can't even get a response out of whoever is running the joint. Even their own message board is like a ghost town. God forbid anyone really need help. But... like you, I don't even want to imagine trying to pull down and relocate the hundreds of files I've put up there over the years.
vrewald likes this.

SuperMotors - Since 2002

Last edited by BikerPepe`; 01-13-2017 at 02:43 PM.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 02:36 PM
OX1
Fullsize Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audra View Post
When did Eric Long sell supermotors?

I feel out of the loop.

I'm too lazy to move all of those pictures.
I'm going to say 6-7 years ago??

79 XLT, 400/C6/mog 404's/42 IROKS, 8.5" lift.
79 XLT, 400/C6/D60-D44 8 lug, 2" lift, 35 BFG AT
74 Bronc build, 408/C6/Black Box/205/406 mogs/43 SX stickies

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 04:24 PM

Bronco Info: 96 Bronco XL 5.0 E4OD, Man Xfer/Hubs
Garage
Yo,
Eric sold SM on 1/1/2010 to Dana Nevins , owner of BroncoZone.com and FordFZone.com
Here is Eric's announcement;
"Hi Everyone,

After 5-1/2 years of operating SuperMotors.net (launched in May 2004) and nearly 12 years of operating SuperFord.org (launched in '98 and converted to SuperMotors.net in May '04), it's time for me to move on and I'm excited to announce a new owner of SuperMotors.net effective today.

New Owner
SuperMotors.net is now owned and operated by Dana Nevins. Dana is heavily involved in the aftermarket automotive community and already operates other enthusiast sites (FordFZone.com and BroncoZone.com). I'm confident Dana will give the site the attention it deserves and introduce new and better features for all users.

Why the ownership change?
I shared equal ownership of the site with two long-time friends and auto enthusiasts, Kirk and Elliot. Four years ago (2006) I relocated from Minnesota to North Carolina for my professional career, and that began the decline of new development and time the three of us were able to collectively dedicate to the site.

Because the three of us were no longer able to meet in person, and as our professional careers became more and more time-consuming, we reached the conclusion that we were not doing the site and the members any favors by not continuing to improve and grow the site. At that point we thought it would be best to find someone that could take over ownership of the site and take it to the next level we had always hoped to take it to, but no longer had the time for.

Will anything change?
All existing services and paid membership subscriptions will remain as-is. I am still confidently keeping all of my vehicle registry entries, photos, sounds, and videos on SuperMotors.net. Dana will add his comments on any improvements and new features he has planned.

Thank you
Over the past couple of years I have been less involved in forum discussions and the automotive community, so for those of you I did correspond with via email, in forums, or otherwise, I wanted to thank you for using the site and look forward to your continued use of the site under Dana's ownership.
-Eric"

btw, a user by the name of AudraJean responded to the sale.
See it all @ http://www.supermotors.net/forums/th...nership-change

It is unusual for Dana not to respond to issues quickly. He has replied to e mails or PMs in a timely manner in the past.

See my partially recovered Bronco web site ...Will need to clean up dead links & add many more new links some day. Thanks to Mr. Schwim!
THANKS to ALL WHO SERVE!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 06:53 PM
Retiring Soon

Garage
"I'm confident Dana will give the site the attention it deserves and introduce new and better features for all users."
too bad this part didn't pan out so well.

*biting my tongue before I start to rant like a mad-man*
miesk5 likes this.

SuperMotors - Since 2002
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 04:30 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: Some Broncos
Quote:
Originally Posted by miesk5 View Post
btw, a user by the name of AudraJean responded to the sale.
See it all @ Announcement - SuperMotors.net Ownership Change | SuperMotors.net Forums | SuperMotors.net

It is unusual for Dana not to respond to issues quickly. He has replied to e mails or PMs in a timely manner in the past.
I even responded to it. That's rich. I forgot.
BikerPepe`, disturbio and CDA 455 like this.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 12:53 AM
They call me "MR FLAT TIRE"

Bronco Info: 90 swapping to7.3IDI, ZF5 & 1 tons. 66 5.0 & AOD
someday when I take the time and have a spare memory stick...I'll pull the photos I have on there. Just not very reliable...anymore anyway.
I'm sure I sent an email way back...and of course not a reply, or suggestion that I stick it where the sun doesn't--you get the idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90Beater View Post
2 spares?? Are you sure thats gonna be enough????
Proud to be politically incorrect.
66 EB 5.0-AOD; 90 Locopny 7.3IDI-ZF 5-D60-10.25; 90Beater(2.0)5.8L-E4OD-SAS-14B; 95 Happy2 F150-4.9L-M5OD; F250SD 7.3-Auto CCLB
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

Alright guys, back to the original problem posted in this thread. I have resolved the issue.

Again, the issue was, when I made updates/additions/changes to whole or partial albums, the changes did not appear to be visible in the public registry link.

I finally got in touch with Dana Nevins (CEO Supermotors) who helped me through the issue with a few back and forth emails over several days.

The problem ended up being a cache refresh issue apparently. Somehow, my browsers (both Chrome & Internet Explorer) did not get signaled to update their cache? And they were 'holding onto an old cached view'. To remedy, simply hold the shift key & hit the refresh button. Bingo. Now I see everything as I should. (Although Supermotors is still annoyingly SLOW!)

It's really weird that this has never happened to me until now with Supermotors, because I have updated/maintained/changed many other albums without this problem.

The exact response from Dana:

Quote:
Hi Vince,

I think it was a cached view, can you try holding down the shift key and refreshing your screen?

I see those 2 sub folders in there so I think it's your browser holding on to the old view.

Thanks,

Dana
At least it appears Dana still actively responds to user questions.

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 06:57 PM
Retiring Soon

Garage
I think you just caught him at a good time... but glad to hear you got it fingered out.

SuperMotors - Since 2002

Ford Bronco Forum > Welcome > Suggestions, Feedback & Site Help

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode