• 1 Post By BikerPepe`
  • 1 Post By Hossrod

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-14-2003, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
Harley's & Bronco's FTW!

Bronco Info: '95 XLT, 5.8/E4OD/MassAir/6" lift/4.56's/35x12.5 BFG AT-KO2
Garage
Question How to POST PICTURES

FSM MEMBERSHIP = DIRECT UPLOADING FROM YOUR PC!!!
That's right! If you pay for a Fullsize Membership upgrade to your Free FSB Registered account, you get the ability to directly upload pics from your PC to the site through an "Attachments" interface that become available to Members Only.
No hassles with upload to some other place, flipping between browsers, copying and pasting info from other sites, etc.
Quote:
1. When Replying in a thread or starting a New thread, scroll down beyond the text box and fine the button labeled "Manage Attachments" in the "Attach Files" category.
2. In the popup box (pop-up blockers may need to be disabled to access this feature) you will find the "Upload File from your Computer" area with a button at the end of the file path box, labeled "Browse".
Click it to open a local box on your PC that you may use to navigate to the desired image file.
3. Select the file and click the "Open" button in that box to select the desired path on your local PC.
4. Notice that path displayed in the file path box, Click the "Upload" button to initiate the file transfer from your PC to the site.
5. When the transfer is complete you will see the file name in the "Current Attachments" area. Close the File Attachment popup box.
6. When you have finished with the text of your post/thread the attached image should be displayed at the bottom of your entered text when the post is submitted.

Click here to learn ->: How to turn the uploaded thumbnail pictures into regular size pictures...
SUPERMOTORS.NET = NO LIMITATIONS IMAGE LINKING
You'll need to upload your pics to a server that allows linking. There are many available to choose from, but SuperMotors seems to be the easiest, with the least limitations and it also allows you to associate your membership to the FULLSIZEBRONCO.COM Club, so you will be available on the FSB "MEMBERS PICTURES" link.
For further details please click: Creating a FREE SuperMotors.net Account

Quote:
SuperMotors has made quite a few signifigant changes in how to use thier service to post pics on forums.
Rather than continually update this post... I will provide a link here to thier own instructions page.

From SuperMotors:
How do I link to or post pictures from my photo album in a message-forum post?

It's fairly easy to understand, but if you have problems... feel free to PM myself or another Forum Moderator or Admin for clarification.
Thanks!
As for posting pics from other web sites or other image storage services... it's a fairly simple process as well.

Quote:
1. Right Click on the image you would like to post.
2. Choose "PROPERTIES"
3. In the Properties window you should see a category for "Address - (URL)" with a path to the right.
4. Highlight and COPY the entire path given (it should end in .JPG or .GIF)
5. When creating your post... click on the IMG button above the posting window.
6. PASTE the path you copied earlier into the popup window and click "OK".
Now you should see the path displayed along with the proper [IMG] tags on either side.
If you are unsure if the host will allow remote access to images... give it a try here: TESTING
It's just that simple folks... have fun and we love pics so POST AWAY!!!

FSB has provided an entire forum for TESTING, so please feel free to use it and if you have any questions you can also PM myself or any other Moderator or Active member for answers to your questions.

A quick trick that has been asked about...
Quote:
"How do I create an IMAGE in my post that is a clickable hyperlink?"

OK, just wrap the URL code around the image code.
Instead of using TEXT in the URL creation wizard, just enter the code for the desired image. Kinda like this... (only with [ ], instead of { } )

{URL=http://www.linksite.com}{IMG}http://www.imagesite.com/image.gif{/IMG}{/URL}
CDA 455 likes this.

"When life throws you a curve... LEAN INTO IT!"

SuperMotors - Since 2002

Last edited by BikerPepe`; 09-09-2016 at 11:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 09:26 AM
search, you #$%@! noob

Bronco Info: broncoless!
www.irfanview.com

free image resizer. download, use, enjoy.

Dave

- Karma is a boomerang -
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 06:28 PM
Original FSB.COM Owner

Bronco Info: Another Broncoless Admin
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickaila View Post
i can't seem to find any direction on uploading videos?

i am being dumb or ???

mj
you cant upload videos to FSB, you can post them in threads using the appropriate code or youtube tags

PHP Code:
[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE

Joe
FullSizeBronco.com

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 12:45 PM

Bronco Info: 1988 XLT 5.0/AOD
Garage
*****Photobucket updated their design, so I'll update my how to today on 2/3/2015*****

STEP 1

Go to photobucket.com and select sign up if you don't already have an account.

STEP 2

Fill in the required information asked of you.

STEP 3

Once signed up and logged in, click upload at the top of the menu.

STEP 4

Select the album you want to upload the picture into by clicking "Your Bucket"

STEP 5

If you already have an album created, select it from this list shown here. If not, click on "Create New Album"

STEP 6

Put a title and description of the album in the following screen

STEP 7

Click create. Following screen will appear

STEP 8

Once the album is created, click to upload your pictures as shown. Notice in blue shown is your album title you're uploading to.

STEP 9

Locate your folder with the pictures you wish to upload. Click on a single photo to upload one single picture

Hold shift to upload several photo's in sequence as shown

Or hold control to select random photo's out of sequence as shown

STEP 10

Once you've selected your photo's, click "Open" and the pictures will upload automatically. Scroll down to see where they've uploaded. Click on a picture to open it.

STEP 11

Click on the IMG url to automatically copy the link

STEP 12

Go back to FSB where you plan to post your photograph. Right click and paste, or hit CTRL + V to automatically paste the link. Click "Post Reply" to make your post as usual.

STEP 13

Admire your handy work.

STEP 14

Private message a mod such as Pepe or Salt begging them not to ban you for posting Jeep photo's on a Bronco Forum.

88 Bronco XLT - Shop Project | 01 Ram 1500 Sport - Shop Project | 01 Suburban 1500 - Daily & Shop Truck
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-18-2013, 04:49 PM
Administrator

admin edit: this posting copied in response to a Flickr account user....

flickr ...

Sorry, I've never used flickr before but I figured out what your issue is. It seems that unless you use the BB coding provided by flickr, you cannot share images stored on flickr. So what you will need to do in the future:
  1. When you chooce the image you would like to upload click More sharing Options ( The square icon with the arrow coming out of it)
  2. then select BB Code
  3. copy all the high lighted text and paste it on the forum.
I added an image to help with this.

- dm, community support
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	flickr.png
Views:	2635
Size:	250.4 KB
ID:	34082  

Last edited by BikerPepe`; 09-20-2013 at 12:43 AM.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-17-2015, 12:50 AM Thread Starter
Harley's & Bronco's FTW!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver70
How do I create the little "Youtube" video box? You know, where it posts the actual video so you can play it right there on the thread instead of just posting the hyperlink text.
Copy/Paste of shared link:
PHP Code:
[YOUTUBE]http://youtu.be/sMzybtQNqRw[/YOUTUBE] 

Remove "extra" YouTube address info. FSB's YouTube imbed tags don't need that extra info. Leaving you with this:

PHP Code:
[YOUTUBE]sMzybtQNqRw[/YOUTUBE

Which produces this...

sMzybtQNqRw

================================================== ================
** EDIT / UPDATE: I originally posted the instruction above, almost 2 years ago. (today: 1/7/2017)
Our message board / forum or possibly YouTube itself has evolved a little since then.

Now... all you need to do is copy the URL address from the YouTube page you're watching and PASTE it, directly in your post.
The forums software will resolve it to display a copy of the video and it wil be displayed at whatever the largest size of your browser window is at the time.
It's faster, simpler and gives a better display. The old style still works... but not as easy-peasy as this new process.

Same vid, displayed as described...

================================================== =================

Quoted from another thread... same basic instructions with pics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwim View Post
To embed a YouTube video on the site(easiest method):

Visit the video in your browser. Once you're there, you want the URL that's in the address bar of your browser:

Click for biggie:

You want to copy that URL and paste it in it's own line in the text box as you're making your post. No tags, editing or special work needed. The forum will automatically detect and embed the video for you.

Here's what it would look like:

Click for biggie:

When submitted, will look like this:

Click for biggie:

That's all there is to it! Very sorry for all the thread hijacking :)

SuperMotors - Since 2002

Last edited by BikerPepe`; 01-08-2017 at 01:43 PM.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-06-2016, 01:06 AM Thread Starter
Harley's & Bronco's FTW!

Garage
Well... another couple yrs gone by and a major update to the board software, care of our Corporate owners, AutoGuide/VerticleScope.

Since the update... a recent change has taken place to photo's directly uploaded to FSB.
Now those uploaded pics automatically display in a thumbnail size format that has to be clicked to expand.
This change is part of the new "Mobile Friendly" movement taking place all over the web... much to the frustration of many of us old codgers.

So I'm here again to share how to "adjust" your FSB uploaded pictures to display in Fullsize, as originally intended.
Unfortunately, this will take a few extra steps... but this is the best I've got so far and in my opinion, totally worth the effort.
I'm currently working in Firefox 43.0.3, so if this doesn't work for you or behaves differently, please report it to me so I can fix this post to reflect any issues or corrections to specific browsers.

Quote:
Step 1: Upload your pictures, as referenced at the top of this thread, in the original post.
Step 2: After you click submit and see your new post displayed... click on each image you uploaded, once.
Step 3: When the image opens in a little "pop-up" display box, click the image... again.
Step 4: When you click on the full size picture box, the picture opens again in it's own browser window.
- Now you can easily see the actual address of the file uploaded on the FSB server. Copy that whole URL.
Step 5: Use the boards standard "Add Image" button "" and add the address you just copied into the little popup box, then click to submit. This will automatically insert the image address into the [img] brackets. Because it is stored on the FSB server, it will now display the image in the regular boards allowed dimensions, not in the thumbnail display size.
For example... the bottom pic is my Bronco in the stock thumbnail.
The pic right above it, is the added file as explained above.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Duratracs Dec. '15 (2).JPG
Views:	1151
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	70562  

SuperMotors - Since 2002

Last edited by BikerPepe`; 01-06-2016 at 01:16 AM. Reason: pic adjust
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-14-2016, 09:13 PM

Bronco Info: 1979 Ranger XLT, 400ci, Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerPepe` View Post
Well... another couple yrs gone by and a major update to the board software, care of our Corporate owners, AutoGuide/VerticleScope.

Since the update... a recent change has taken place to photo's directly uploaded to FSB.
Now those uploaded pics automatically display in a thumbnail size format that has to be clicked to expand.
This change is part of the new "Mobile Friendly" movement taking place all over the web... much to the frustration of many of us old codgers.

So I'm here again to share how to "adjust" your FSB uploaded pictures to display in Fullsize, as originally intended.
Unfortunately, this will take a few extra steps... but this is the best I've got so far and in my opinion, totally worth the effort.
I'm currently working in Firefox 43.0.3, so if this doesn't work for you or behaves differently, please report it to me so I can fix this post to reflect any issues or corrections to specific browsers.

For example... the bottom pic is my Bronco in the stock thumbnail.
The pic right above it, is the added file as explained above.

FYI, I found another way that lets you do so without having to submit and then re-edit your post.

After step one, scroll down to the Additional Options section where you can see a list of your attachment file names. Simply right click and choose option to copy image link (exact text will depend on browser), then jump to step 5.
BikerPepe` likes this.

Darth Bronco: 79 Ranger XLT - 400ci - Auto

(build thread) (vectored master wiring diagrams) (FiTech EFI) (half bronco)
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-15-2016, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
Harley's & Bronco's FTW!

Garage
nice addition. thanks for saving a few steps with this new process.

SuperMotors - Since 2002

Ford Bronco Forum > Welcome > Suggestions, Feedback & Site Help

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode