LIFT AND TIRE INFORMATION FOR 80-96 BRONCOS - Page 5 - Ford Bronco Forum
 24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 635 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 05:05 AM

Bronco Info: 1991 Bronco XLT, 40" Groundhogs, 8" susp. 3" body lift + cutouts, 9k winch 5.14:1's + 2 much 2 list.
I have to agree with red wagon on the cheap lift. I bought a cheap lift (Tough Country) for my Ranger 96' and the center hinge bracket broke on me twice. It cracked between the part where it mounted to the frame and the Traction beam. So I ordered a heavy duty Center hinge Bracket from SkyJacker and that was the hot ticket lots of hard wheeling and no more problems. One other thing that you must do is weld your brackets to the frame in places so that you may cut the welds just in case Heaven forbid you should have to remove them. This will prevent the possibility of loosening up. And use high strength loctite (red). As an avid wheeler I've seen what holds up the best. Also if you plan on using your stock radius arms box them in by welding plate steel to the back side of them just like they make the newer truck frames. Also do this to your traction beams. I have seen these parts bend and brake under hard trail use. These front suspensions when set up right are brutally tough. When I was younger and crazier me and my friends used to torture our vehicles to no avail., jumping them hill climbing them pedals to the medal. These mods above held up to all that abuse. Going with a 33 inch tire is very wise because you can use it hard and not have to worry about breaking front axles. I almost forgot that you also should slide a piece of seamless 3/16 thick steel tubing over your drag link assembly both sides this is especially important on the smaller side(weld full circle on both ends of the tubing). I've also known the smaller one to bend especially on cross rutted trail sections. Have lotsa fun. By the way my bronco has all of these things done as well as my friends truck. I have also read about and tested these mods for functionality.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 635 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 09:04 PM

Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer, 351W, E40D Tranny
Okay, hopefully this is a better question that someone can help me out with. What's the main difference between the Rough Country and the Tuff Country lifts? I notice that the Rough Country kits are a lot cheaper, so I'm assuming that this means it's not quite so good.... So for a 4" lift with rear AAL, what would everyone recommend? Thanks!
post #83 of 635 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 11:49 PM

Bronco Info: 1988 bronco xlt SAS,400m c6 in progress,9" rear. 6" lift 35" thornbirds
everyone is going to get pissed but i have a 88 xlt with the stock ttb i want to put 38.5 but everyone is saying im going to just tear it up im also putting the skyjacker 8 inch lift how much work is it going to be to swap it out for a d 44 or d 60 and make very thing work good. then what kind lift parts will i need to rebuy for the solid front axle? help me please :(

post #84 of 635 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvme_63
everyone is going to get pissed but i have a 88 xlt with the stock ttb i want to put 38.5 but everyone is saying im going to just tear it up im also putting the skyjacker 8 inch lift how much work is it going to be to swap it out for a d 44 or d 60 and make very thing work good. then what kind lift parts will i need to rebuy for the solid front axle? help me please :(

so your buying a 8 inch for your ttb.. then doing a sas? sounds like a waste of a lift to me because you wont be able to re-use most of these parts. i might have misunderstood?
post #85 of 635 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 01:16 PM

Bronco Info: 1994 XLT 351W
Race-style Camburg 4-inch lift

I have the 4-inch Camburg Engineering kit (assembled by Kartek and installed with a lot of help from Jensen Racing). The front end has "cut and turned" beams, heavy coil spring, Bilstein shocks and massive radius arms with heim joints. The rear is a simple Deavers Spring 10-pack. I love this system and will be upgrading to larger tires as soon as my 31x11.50 BFG's wear out. Probably going to 35x12.50 BFG ATs or Dick Cepek FC-IIs
post #86 of 635 (permalink) Old 06-09-2006, 11:04 AM

Bronco Info: 1984 bronco, 300I6, T19, 2" lift, 33x9.5's
I've been told that 78-79 bronco front shocks have the same mounting configuration
as the 80-86 front shocks but are 1"-2' longer. if I put 2" lift spings in the front of my 84 bronco can I use stock 78-79 shocks?

4 Carquest stock front shocks looks better for my budget than 4 aftermarket front shocks.
post #87 of 635 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 04:44 AM

Bronco Info: 1996 XL with the 5.0L. Pretty much stock but looking to change that.
Great Lift Deals and Dillemas

First off, if your looking for a kit compare preices with liftkitdepot.com, I found my lift there for almst $500 less than MSRP. Second Its a 6 in lift im putting on, I keep hearing horror stories bout positive camber and messed up caster? wanna know how bad it will really be with the 6in suspension and 35s. Second how bad will the 302 with 3.55 gears dog turning 35 inch meats?
post #88 of 635 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 01:46 PM

Homemade lift

Has any one heard of someone making a lift kit. I am a machinest and welder and have tools at home that i could make a lift just wanted to know if anyone has done it before. Would cost less just take time. I just bought a 88 with 302 5 speed 31 on it now not sure if i want to go 33 or 35. Also anyone know what stock gears are, Not sure if they are diferant because of the 5 speed. Thanks Also seen a 2 inch lift on ebay it comes with new springs and add a leaf in the rear. Seam like that would change camber
post #89 of 635 (permalink) Old 07-15-2006, 02:34 AM
pud

Bronco Info: 87 xlt 5.0L auto beater
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckin88
Has any one heard of someone making a lift kit. I am a machinest and welder and have tools at home that i could make a lift just wanted to know if anyone has done it before. Would cost less just take time. I just bought a 88 with 302 5 speed 31 on it now not sure if i want to go 33 or 35. Also anyone know what stock gears are, Not sure if they are diferant because of the 5 speed. Thanks Also seen a 2 inch lift on ebay it comes with new springs and add a leaf in the rear. Seam like that would change camber
If you are a welder, go find a wrecked 79 and earlier f150/bronco and pull the raduis arms, brackets, and the whole axle assy and put it in the bronc...or search the net for templates for the ttb drop brackets and make em...OR buy the drop brackets, copy em, make em, and return the purchased ones.
Man if I knew how to weld and had a welder....
post #90 of 635 (permalink) Old 07-15-2006, 01:04 PM

Bronco Info: 1984 bronco, 300I6, T19, 2" lift, 33x9.5's
What is the diference in lift kits for pickups and bronco'? I thought all the front end parts were the same (I'm using pickup truck beams and radius arms) but I am seeing different part #'s for pickup, bronco and supercab. I'm looking at superlift 1.5'-2" leveling kits. Is it just a stiffer spring for the pickup and supercab?
post #91 of 635 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006, 09:56 AM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco XLT 302/AOD ELocker Rear/ custom 8.8. 1986 Bronco XLT. 1981 Bronco Custom
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84bluebronco
What is the diference in lift kits for pickups and bronco'? I thought all the front end parts were the same (I'm using pickup truck beams and radius arms) but I am seeing different part #'s for pickup, bronco and supercab. I'm looking at superlift 1.5'-2" leveling kits. Is it just a stiffer spring for the pickup and supercab?
Ford had different spring rates for fsb, f150s and extended cabs. Plus, they had different ratings for engine combo. I have the Ford factory spring ratings for 1987 and maybe 1990. So if you were to put a 1.5-2 leveling spring in a extended cab f150 for example, it would probably come out about stock ride height. On the actual lifts it is tricky to say because there is some variability in the final results from fsb to fsb. Each aftermarket company's springs may have different rates and some companies have more than one spring rate for a specific application. On top of that, 20 year old springs may have settled some and that is variable.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
post #92 of 635 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006, 04:33 PM
pud

Bronco Info: 87 xlt 5.0L auto beater
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBronco
On top of that, 20 year old springs may have settled some and that is variable.
man, my spring sag has lowered the bunko about 2.5"...skyjacker has lifts for 4.9L, 5.0L, and 5.8L...different weight, different spring rate, like you said.
post #93 of 635 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 01:11 PM

Bronco Info: 85 stock strait 6
i got 86 stock that needs new shocks & want to lift it about 4". i found a pro comp 84-89 4wd w/add a leaf its 4"rear 2.5"rear for $778.99 at liftkitdepot.com
but there's one problem i'm 16 and don't have a lot of money.
so i was wondering if i should just buy new shocks.
help
post #94 of 635 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 11:54 AM
Can't Touch This!

Bronco Info: 1985 Bronco
buying shocks wont lift ya. Maybe a little if your old shocks have never been changed. But either way, you need new shocks.
post #95 of 635 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 11:04 PM

Bronco Info: 89 Eddie Bower 351 w/C6
I am looking into a 4 or 6 inch lift and was wonder if most brands have the holes for the duel front shocks predrilled on the radius arms and if not does anyone know which ones do
thx
post #96 of 635 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 11:06 PM
rolling Rolling ROLLING....

Bronco Info: 93 Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black89bronco
I am looking into a 4 or 6 inch lift and was wonder if most brands have the holes fir the duel front shocks predrilled on the radius arms and of now if anyone knows which ones do thx
none that i know of....usually the front shock is attached to a bracket that bolts to ttb arm....

see pic

Tim

Newest token Jeep owner....

post #97 of 635 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 07:56 PM

Bronco Info: 1994 XLT 351W
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black89bronco
I am looking into a 4 or 6 inch lift and was wonder if most brands have the holes for the duel front shocks predrilled on the radius arms and if not does anyone know which ones do
thx

Not all aftermarket radius arms have mounts for the rear of the front dual shocks. I ended up salvaging the mount from the old radius arms and welding it to the new Camburg arm. Red's right for the front mount, it's mounted on the TTB (and notoriously weak).
post #98 of 635 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 04:57 PM

I saw this browsing around some sites and thought it would be useful for this thread.

Code:
    Tire Size Chart

Years      Lift    Max 

0"     32"
            2"     33"
87-96       4"     35"
            6"     36"

80-86       2"     33"
            3"     35"

78-79       0"     33"
            4"     35"
Fast Floyd likes this.
post #99 of 635 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 12:34 PM

how much lift is needed to run 42"s under an 92-96 bronco?

old truck: 95 bronco 8" lift 36" tsl radials
Team DC
http://www.dcsoundlab.com/
post #100 of 635 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 11:44 PM

Bronco Info: 5.8l
My Bronco is in need of a 6 inch lift+extended radius arms.

I am still debating which brand to choose... What kit is the best out there for around a thousand dollars? Seems like Skyjacker makes one of the best products,but are there any alternatives in price and quality?.

Pro comp
Superlift
BDS
Tuff country
Ruff country
SkyJacker

Ford Bronco Forum > Bronco Discussions > Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode