Neutral Safety Switch install question - Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 02:57 AM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 1989 XLT 351 C6 Bronco, Stock at the moment cause im broke at the moment
Neutral Safety Switch install question

i have a question about the install the main thing i have a concern is about the pin, after i remove the pin i have to put the transmission in neutral and then put the pin in is that correct?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 11:09 AM
Charlie doesn't surf!!

Bronco Info: 1992 xlt, 351EFI, .040, E4OD, D44 SAS w/Trutrac,Detroit locked 8.8, MAF conv, Tweeced
I'm sure someone who has a C6 will chime in here, but do you have a Haynes manual? If not, I'd go out an get one, it describes that process for the C6 in detail..
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 11:38 AM

Bronco Info: 96 Bronco XL 5.0 E4OD, Man Xfer/Hubs
Garage
yo, SoCal,
We all replied to your Other POST on the C6 NSS here; http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/7-1980-96-bronco-tech/175484-bypass-neutral-safety-switch.html
Some Excerpts from that Thread

Neutral Safety Switch Adjustment
Source: by Tim O (RED WAGON, redwagon) at http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/6-1978-79-bronco-tech/149087-neutral-safety-switch-adjustment.html
Tim Wrote; "...Place transmission manual lever in neutral position, then insert a .091 inch gauge pin through gauge pin holes, Fig. 8.
Tighten switch attaching bolts, then remove gauge pin..."
-- and-------

Neutral Safety Switch (also referred to as Back-Up Switch) Installation & pics in an 89; "...It probably took me a total of 5 minutes to change this part. As you can see in the pic it has two bolts holding it on and one nut holding on the downshift lever. the hardest part is the downshift lever has to be immobilized while you loosen the nut. You can do this with a screwdriver like me or the book says to use a guage rod or something. You can get to it on the drivers side of the tranny. Here is a pic of it installed..."
Source: by Mad Dog Tannen http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/show...=173118&page=2
Neutral Safety Switch Wiring Color Codes in an 89
Source: by Uncle_Monkey at http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/21-noobie-bronco-tech-questions-flame-free-zone/173356-neutral-safety-swtich-wiring-question.html

See my partially recovered Bronco web site ...Will need to clean up dead links & add many more new links some day. Thanks to Mr. Schwim!
THANKS to ALL WHO SERVE!
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 1989 XLT 351 C6 Bronco, Stock at the moment cause im broke at the moment
Place transmission manual lever in neutral position, then insert a .091 inch gauge pin through gauge pin holes

thnkxs thats all i really need to know.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 06:02 PM

Bronco Info: 96 Bronco XL 5.0 E4OD, Man Xfer/Hubs
Garage
yw,
Also can you check the connector for color codes on it?
and confirm colors; and snap a few pics of the NSS and connector if you can; here is the other NSS C6 thread http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173356

See my partially recovered Bronco web site ...Will need to clean up dead links & add many more new links some day. Thanks to Mr. Schwim!
THANKS to ALL WHO SERVE!

Ford Bronco Forum > Bronco Discussions > Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode