SAS Brake lines to Bronco - Ford Bronco Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
subrubicon16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 147
SAS Brake lines to Bronco

Hey everybody, nearing the end to my SAS bronco build, stuck on one thing tho. I have a Dana 50 axle, How and what brake lines will fit fron the D50 f250 axle to my 95 Bronco? Very very confused. 11in of lift on the bronco. All leaf sprung, no blocks.
subrubicon16 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 09:51 PM
Registered User
 
helirich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,436
Bronco Info: 90' 351/E40D 38" tires, 4.88 gears, full float 8.8, lockers F&R
I dont have your answer, but I do have a question. Are you going with single drop or double?
helirich is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
subrubicon16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by helirich View Post
I dont have your answer, but I do have a question. Are you going with single drop or double?
single or double drop? meaning what?
subrubicon16 is offline  
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 08:50 PM
Registered User
 
JBfab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Slatington, PA
Posts: 2,647
Bronco Info: 94 C150 prerunner 351/zf/maf. To many mods to list.
He means are you going to drop one line to the axle and split it (like the rear)or drop two lines down to the calipers.

It's not custom if you bought it from a catalog!
Visit my build thread- http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/...d.php?t=211825
JBfab is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
subrubicon16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBfab View Post
He means are you going to drop one line to the axle and split it (like the rear)or drop two lines down to the calipers.
probably drop 2 lines, one to each caliper, but i dont know the difference between the two, and i dont know if i order f250 brake lines if they will fit to the bronco fittings or what exacty i have to do or buy.
subrubicon16 is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 09:43 PM
Registered User
 
JBfab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Slatington, PA
Posts: 2,647
Bronco Info: 94 C150 prerunner 351/zf/maf. To many mods to list.
Well you said 11" lift so your looking at some long lines to begin with. Might be in your best interest to find a local line builder. Take one of your stock lines and a new caliper with you. That should be all they need to build you a set.

It's not custom if you bought it from a catalog!
Visit my build thread- http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/...d.php?t=211825
JBfab is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
subrubicon16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBfab View Post
Well you said 11" lift so your looking at some long lines to begin with. Might be in your best interest to find a local line builder. Take one of your stock lines and a new caliper with you. That should be all they need to build you a set.
well i see crown makes a set for up to 12" lift, but not sure if they will fit to the bronco fitting because they are for f250 calipers. And if i go to a line builder, if i can find one near by, will they be able to custom build me lines, one side for the f250 calipers and then the other side to fit the bronco? and why do i have to bring a new caliper? why not the caliper that is on the axle already?
subrubicon16 is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 10:03 PM
Chillin on the Gulf Coast
 
cajunrebel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Florida, from Louisiana
Posts: 1,524
Bronco Info: Blue 89' EB 5.0, E4OD, OBDII, Mass Air, Saginaw, Hydroboost, 3G alt
Quote:
Originally Posted by subrubicon16 View Post
well i see crown makes a set for up to 12" lift, but not sure if they will fit to the bronco fitting because they are for f250 calipers. And if i go to a line builder, if i can find one near by, will they be able to custom build me lines, one side for the f250 calipers and then the other side to fit the bronco? and why do i have to bring a new caliper? why not the caliper that is on the axle already?
You can certainly being that caliper that is on the axle. Thats what he meant. The new to the Bronco caliper. If you find someone to make you brake lines locally (Napa stores sometimes do) then they can make either end whatever you need. Just make sure that you get a good measurement of how long you need your lines.
cajunrebel is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
subrubicon16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunrebel View Post
You can certainly being that caliper that is on the axle. Thats what he meant. The new to the Bronco caliper. If you find someone to make you brake lines locally (Napa stores sometimes do) then they can make either end whatever you need. Just make sure that you get a good measurement of how long you need your lines.
Ok great, ill try that, i have a NAPA near by. and is there any website that sells special lines for our SAS trucks in stainless? i see every SAS thread using stainless lines but i have no idea where they get them from
subrubicon16 is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 11:30 PM
Chillin on the Gulf Coast
 
cajunrebel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Florida, from Louisiana
Posts: 1,524
Bronco Info: Blue 89' EB 5.0, E4OD, OBDII, Mass Air, Saginaw, Hydroboost, 3G alt
Many are custom lines. You need to find out what type fittings you have and then use that to see what hoses you need. If you know what you have then you can see what other vehicle uses the same ones. Chances are that there is some type of Ford that used the same fittings that you have.
cajunrebel is offline  
Reply

  Ford Bronco Forum > Bronco Discussions > Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone!

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome