Not starting - Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-24-2013, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 1994 Bronco EB Edition, Dark Blue c Camel Top, 157Kmiles, 5.8L E4OD Trans, push button 4WD
Not starting

Ok, been awhile but I went out from work yesterday morning and my 94EB would crank, but not turn over. Almost sounds like it is out of fuel. Had the battery replaced last week, and I can hear the pump priming when I turn the key. Really sounds like a dead empty tank. Maybe Fuel pressure regulator? Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Patrick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 07:48 AM

Bronco Info: 78 Bronco,472 Super CobraJet,C6 3500 stall,39.5 Super Swampers, 5:14 Ratio
check to see if there is fuel pressure at the injector rail, by pushing in on the valve after you turn on the key, better yet if you have a pressure gauge screw it on the valve and check pressure...always need to determine if it is electrical or fuel related , before throwing money at a problem
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 03:31 PM

Bronco Info: 1978 Ford Bronco 351m 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 472SCJ View Post
check to see if there is fuel pressure at the injector rail, by pushing in on the valve after you turn on the key, better yet if you have a pressure gauge screw it on the valve and check pressure...always need to determine if it is electrical or fuel related , before throwing money at a problem
Agreed. Make sure there's pressure at the rail. It's never a bad idea to replace the fuel filter. Gas nowadays suckssssssss so replacing the filter for the 10$ it costs is never a bad preventative maintenance measure.

1978 Ford Bronco 4x4 (351m) - Just for fun
2014 Ford Focus Titanium (5spd) - DD
1988 Ford Mustang GT (331 stroker) - Race Car
2005 Ford F-150 (5.4 3v) - Towing rig
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 1994 Bronco EB Edition, Dark Blue c Camel Top, 157Kmiles, 5.8L E4OD Trans, push button 4WD
Ok. Truck sat for 2 days, had a friend that is an auto tech go to check it out and it started right up for him without a problem. Kind of confused, but I am obviously happy. Maybe wet wires from the rain? I guess it is kind of a moot point now, but....

Ford Bronco Forum > Bronco Discussions > Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode