Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Moscow, Russia
Bronco Info: 1987 FSB, 5.0, EB, C-6/ 1993 FSB, 5,0, XLT, E4OD
You can test RABS like as test for engine/PCM module.
At first - this procedure described in Haynes Bronco Guide - section Brakes.
At second - if can't look for Haynes:
1. Locate RABS diagnostic connector - it must be behind brake pedal, under the dash and looks like black mating halves for your Bronco year.
2. Disconnect its.
3. Find black/orange striped wire at one connector's half.
4. Put the ignition key in "Start" position. Engine run don't needed.
5. Short this black/orange stripe wire to ground (metal parts...) for 2 seconds. Don't try to short it with coupling connector - it MUST be disconnected!
6. RABS warning light start to blinking - it will be make shot and long blinks - count it!!!
7. Series of shot and 1 ending long blinks are digit. Then it will start blinking other digit...
Example - 3 shot and 1 long - it is digit "4". Another blinks is second digit - 5 short and 1 long = "6"... etc.
8. Then we go to Haynes error code table. If you have't this table - post the your's error codes here...
1987, FSB, 5.0, EB, c-6, Black Hoss, some oldy, some rusty, milestone is over 1 000 000 miles.
1993, FSB, 5.0, XLT, E4OD, White Mare.