E4OD will only go into 1st and 2nd gear help ASAP - Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 12:41 AM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 1995 white sport 32x11.5 MT/R's,rancho shocks,dustins rock sliders,4.10 gears and lockers
E4OD will only go into 1st and 2nd gear help ASAP

Well heres the story i was stuck in a mud hole gave it a little gas noticed the RPMS go to like 3000 before it went anywhere and thought nothing of it at the time. well on the wayback from the cliffs my truck wont shift out of second. first and second gear work fine. when i let off the gas it feels like it shifts into neutral. and ideas whats causing the problem? i need the rest of the gears to work by monday so i can go to work.

daily driver:06 midnight blue jeep liberty CRD sport.
mods: rock rails All J interior rack, All J tansmission skid, stock engine, transfercase and a kilby gas tank skid. still 24mpg around town
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 12:47 AM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: '95 Bronco, 351W, NP435/205, Solid D44 front, 35" MTR's, 3.55 gears
did you check the fluid level? Even 1/2 qt. will make a difference in how an auto tranny shifts...

My SuperFord
'95 Eddie Bauer-- 351W, NP435/205, D44 SAS
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 12:49 AM
Engineer

Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer
Your truck got owned... and I got pics to prove it. Yet another awesome wheeling day

1995 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer 351W 2.5" RC Front Lift. JBG 3" Rear Springs. 17" M/T Classic III's and 285/70/17 Toyo Open Country A/T II, 4.56 gears trac-loc f/r. Street Toy
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 12:51 AM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 1995 white sport 32x11.5 MT/R's,rancho shocks,dustins rock sliders,4.10 gears and lockers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogeechee 4x4
did you check the fluid level? Even 1/2 qt. will make a difference in how an auto tranny shifts...
ya I did it was low after i left filled it back up and it still does it. Im gonna try some transtune from seafoam and get it flushed on monday. I just hope this isnt a bigger problem

daily driver:06 midnight blue jeep liberty CRD sport.
mods: rock rails All J interior rack, All J tansmission skid, stock engine, transfercase and a kilby gas tank skid. still 24mpg around town
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 01:18 AM
Engineer

I think you lost your tranny minutes before this pic was taken

FYI the water is following his ass out the door and here's why

1995 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer 351W 2.5" RC Front Lift. JBG 3" Rear Springs. 17" M/T Classic III's and 285/70/17 Toyo Open Country A/T II, 4.56 gears trac-loc f/r. Street Toy
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 10:10 PM
Bitchin.

Bronco Info: 84 bronco 351W, C6, 79 D44, 9", Twinstick 205
transmission shift modulator? or are thos eonly and C4's and such....
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2005, 11:40 PM
Engineer

help?

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 01:21 AM

Bronco Info: 90 bronco 392 stroker motor, 80mm Pro-M MassAir conversion, edlebrock upper and lower intake manifol
OK try and check the Harness on the Passengers side, thats the Harness that controls shifting, if its not sealed well and you get water in there its going to cause Probs. I had this happen to me after some Deep mud holes and after cleaning out the harness and using Electric grease it went away. Question, Is your OD light blinking when it Happens? If so pull your Wiring harness off your Computer and look for water inside of there. I think but might be wrong but the grounding plugs are on the far left of the harness and Pin number 49 (I think controls your Converter lockup) I was having some big probs with mine Dropping out of 3rd and Over Drive and thats what it was a Bad Wire in the Harness. Hope it Helps Ohh and I've found it wise to add Electric grease to any and all harness plugs.

Hey Stang I lived in Lima Ny for abit and was a member of Team Mud Nuts, if your not a member you might want to look them Up if you want I can give you there website, they meet at Gander Mt each Month.

90 fullsize bronco
6in ProComp lift stage2 in front
4.5in superlift springs w/2in blocks
351w stroked to 392
Roush Racing heads w/stage2 porting
80mm ProM MassAir Conversion
MSD igntion sys (Complete)
Gibson headers W/true dual exhaust
Edelbrock Upper and lower intake manifolds
BBK 56mm Throttle body
200amp alternator
Auburn ECTED locker in the rear
35in Thornbirds
Super Motors Garage
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 12:32 PM

Bronco Info: 95 Bronco, SAS, 37'' Tire
i had the same prob after i sucked water in it. the solinoid pack was bad. i drove it for a little while and it started working again. but i changed the trans out not long after that

Tim
President-Wisconsin Off Road, Inc
95 xlt d44 sas 8.8 4.88 ectd sleeved axle tubes
37" mtr's beefed e4od

Ford Bronco Forum > Bronco Discussions > Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode